JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Packers run defense sucked last year.  Really wanted to add to their DL,

Was not happy to see the discussion of Gallmore earlier in the thread (even if he wasn't mentioned by name).  WIth so many people looking to trade down, I though about jumping up and getting him, but decided to stay put and hope either he or Madubuike would make it to me.  Both versatile DLs who can play multiple spots along the front.

Sorry.?

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’m trying to move up to grab one other player I liked. My whole plan for the draft was derailed by the Diggs trade. 

Vikings are good but have a lot of important needs. Diggs trade left a gaping whole. I need a WR pronto.

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

let me just tell everyone that not having a 2nd round pick has sucked the biggest balls ever.  I almost feel like I'm not playing!   I HATE IT!!!!

But hey I have 6 picks in the last 3 rds   hahaha

Man I've been sitting here waiting for the 3rd round too lol. Why did I pick the Saints lol. 

• Upvote 1

Guess you don't want to hear that this is a deep draft, huh? I feel the same way...I have the Giants. I picked 36, don't pick again until 99. But, have 4 picks from 218-255. I think I get to pick Mr. Irrelevant. Maybe I'll ask the commissioners for a ruling that I can write in Gettleman for my last pick.

lol right? Oh I’m all about the deepness bit I want to have a little fun too.

I had 64 picks between my first and second picks. Sucks. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

I guess with Jarran Reed signed back that was probably a waste pick, but I don't have many 2nd/3rd round rated guys that I am interested in.  Poor agility numbers, but otherwise a beast and he was pretty highly rated at one point.  

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I had to get in front of Dom to get Jaylon Johnson. I KNEW that was where he was headed. Panthers have Donte Johnson, Jeff Okudah, and Jaylon Johnson at CB now. Not too shabby

What am I going to do with that guy?  His arms are 5/8" too short!  Need at DB is down with Dunbar on board.

• Haha 2

Question for the mods regarding the spreadsheet. Is there a way that we can add a team tab which shows all selections and future picks based on each team? I know we've done that in the past but don't see the tab on the spreadsheet.

• Upvote 1

Sucks not having a 3rd anymore, because there are still some really good pieces on the board. But for Lamb, it was worth it. Love my draft so far. All the guys I got so far, I have them rated #1 at their respective positions.

OT1

WR1

RB1

OC1

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, RobR said:

Question for the mods regarding the spreadsheet. Is there a way that we can add a team tab which shows all selections and future picks based on each team? I know we've done that in the past but don't see the tab on the spreadsheet.

Done.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Pick #66 is in. 

I'm telling you guys, I had so many players I would hav been delighted to take with the 66th pick.  You BAstards took all but about 4 of them.  lol

64 picks between selections is too long. I should have been trading up hahaha

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Pick #66 is in. 

I'm telling you guys, I had so many players I would hav been delighted to take with the 66th pick.  You BAstards took all but about 4 of them.  lol

I know the feeling.... I was hoping, but not expecting Peart for my next pick. Great selection because he has some serious potential.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

I know the feeling.... I was hoping, but not expecting Peart for my next pick. Great selection because he has some serious potential.

Funny.  I was really hoping for Pittman as soon as Prince Tega Wanogho and Ezra Cleveland  were taken. The pick right before mine?  Pittman jr. lol 

I do like Peart though. He just gonna need a year before he can legitimately attempt to make a difference.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I hate that the Eagles trades their early 3rd and a 5th. I had a bunch of picks and would’ve had the ammo for a move up. Instead I waiting til 103 and looking at scraps.

Yep... I can relate. :) 

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I do like Peart though. He just gonna need a year before he can legitimately attempt to make a difference.

Absolutely, but everything else is there.

I keep shaking my head about how many here have already given up on Edoga since both of these players are going to need that learning curve. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Pick #66 is in. 

Peart is a reach at 66 but hes looks athletic. I can see how JD would be looking at him.

19 minutes ago, King P said:

@IndianaJet That was an excellent pick.

Terrell Lewis has 1st round talent, but probably won't go in the 1st round (maybe late 1st) due to injuries.

No way he makes it to the 3rd round the real draft. If that happened, I'd be doing cartwheels 

He’s definitely got talent but his injuries scare the **** out of me especially after last years mash unit. 

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s definitely got talent but his injuries scare the **** out of me especially after last years mash unit. 

Yeah, the injury history is a concern but he came back strong from the 2018 ACL. 
Lots of upside in GW defense. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Absolutely, but everything else is there.

I keep shaking my head about how many here have already given up on Edoga since both of these players are going to need that learning curve. 

Right. It's the same thing that happens with many other players. If they have a good first three games, they are a HOF candidate. If they have a rough rookie year they are a bust. look a QW as another example. Edoga looked raw, but good o the right side.  He shouldn't even have been doing that so early, but he played well overall. Then they switched him to the left and we all know what happened next. He's got talent and if groomed a bit he can be our guy at RT for years. I'd like to see him slide inside to G too. He played some C in college if I remember correctly so it's not that odd really. 

Peart will be good, but ideally I'd like to get someone else with my first OL pick in the draft. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

@IndianaJet That was an excellent pick.

Terrell Lewis has 1st round talent, but probably won't go in the 1st round (maybe late 1st) due to injuries.

No way he makes it to the 3rd round the real draft. If that happened, I'd be doing cartwheels 

I'm seeing a lot of that in this JN draft

Epeneza sliding to pick #28 was a surprise. Even though I don't like him as a prospect. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Peart is a reach at 66 but hes looks athletic. I can see how JD would be looking at him.

Hmmmm I actually disagree. 

He's a perfect 3rd rd talent.  Starter potential. Maybe later in the 3rd but I actually see him going late 2nd or right where I took him when the real draft takes place.  Plenty of teams are going to prioritize other positions but still want a tackle. Getting a player like Peart in the 3rd fits the bill nicely for a plan like that.  

• Sympathy 1