Darryl Roberts Released

Lith

During the Jets broadcasts there was one guy who loved Roberts and always said he was doing a great job. But I never saw it he was adequate as a fill-in but inadequate as a starter. We can do better than Roberts. He was only around because of injuries and probably he’ll easily get another job. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Have to assume Winters is next. Joe Douglas is methodically going through this offseason. 

This is the slow churn up upgrading a roster across three dimensions - Talent, Cost, Culture

Joe D is running a marathon here.  It's not a sprint and we're just approaching the first mile marker.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This is the slow churn up upgrading a roster across three dimensions - Talent, Cost, Culture

Joe D is running a marathon here.  It's not a sprint and we're just approaching the first mile marker.

My respect for Joey D is growing by the day. Guy is gonna have a hell of a draft. Book It !

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I was one of those "fake ass" fans who flew down to Miami for that game.  Still dont know how the team that lost to hte Dolphins that day came back after that one to win 6 of the next 8. 

EIjDwTBXYAAnxh9?format=jpg&name=medium

Well, Darryl, time for you to shut the f up and find another team.

Fake wins

Have to assume Winters is next. Joe Douglas is methodically going through this offseason. 

Exactly . It’s still odd and not what I’m used to but it’s nice to think we might actually have a smart GM. Slow and methodical
Approach. First 3 FA acquisitions were OL of varying variety.
Resigned OL and CB next.

Now we’re throwing out a little trash. I’m liking this

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Jet Nut said:

My guess is Joe Douglas is tanking 

Not sure if you're serious here my friend, but I've been saying that for days.

Think about it. After what we've seen from him so far, do you think he'd have signed, or wants guys like Mosely and Bell on this roster? I don't, and I'm sure if he could get rid of them without hurting the team cap wise (I have no idea how it works) he would gladly trade them.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Think about it. After what we've seen from him so far, do you think he'd have signed, or wants guys like Mosely and Bell on this roster? I don't, and I'm sure if he could get rid of them without hurting the team cap wise (I have no idea how it works) he would gladly trade them.

That you think there's even the remote chance that I was serious is scaring me brother.

I guess I should have added a ? or even a ? LOL...done 

Messing around in Coronaville, sarcasm failure.  

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think maybe unlike the previous GM, JD knows that you dont commit all of your resources to Interior D Linemen, MLB, and slow, old ass Running Backs.

That's not "tanking", that's just recognizing how much the roster he inherited was an epic disaster of a dumpster fire.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

That you think there's even the remote chance that I was serious is scaring me brother.

I guess I should have added a ? or even a ? LOL

Messing around in Coronaville, sarcasm failure.  

Yeah, I thought so... ?

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I think maybe unlike the previous GM, JD knows that you dont commit all of your resources to Interior D Linemen, MLB, and slow, old ass Running Backs.

That's not "tanking", that's just recognizing how much the roster he inherited was an epic disaster of a dumpster fire.  

Okay you guys are probably right.

*waiting patiently for a signing that makes me feel differently*

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Winters is due about 7.3 in 2020 it’s the last year of his contract. It was a contract structured to deal with a 7 mil signing bonus they put it into a low salary season. But that’s a lot for Winters so they might cut him. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I agree.  Hes doing things the way they should have been before.  The quick fix doesnt work.  But more importantly the job JD does will be judged on how he drafts.  You can sign only so many FAs.  You have a cap to manage, players that will have to be signed down the road.  The major influx has to be through the draft. Look at Macc, his signings may have worked if he managed the draft better.  The fish just spent like drunken sailors but if they shlt the bed with the draft it won't make them a real team.

The tanking line was a joke that tanked...

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I agree.  Hes doing things the way they should have been before.  The quick fix doesnt work.  But more importantly the job JD does will be judged on how he drafts.  You can sign only so many FAs.  You have a cap to manage, players that will have to be signed down the road.  The major influx has to be through the draft. Look at Macc, his signings may have worked if he managed the draft better.  The fish just spent like drunken sailors but if they shlt the bed with the draft it won't make them a real team.

The tanking line was a joke that tanked...

The Dolphins are going to have to be epically (is that a word) incompetent to screw up this year and next years drafts. 

What do they have 14 picks this year? 3 1sts and 2nds?

Another 2 1sts next year... I mean all they need to do is take the BPA  and they'll be loaded. Young as hell, but loaded.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The Dolphins are going to have to be epically (is that a word) incompetent to screw up this year and next years drafts. 
Another 2 1sts next year... I mean all they need to do is take the BPA  and they'll be loaded. Young as hell, but loaded.

Hopefully they can break Idzik’s record of 12 bad draft picks in 1 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Winters is due about 7.3 in 2020 it’s the last year of his contract. It was a contract structured to deal with a 7 mil signing bonus they put it into a low salary season. But that’s a lot for Winters so they might cut him. 

He gone.  No way is he capable of playing up to that contract even if he was healthy.  Might re-sign him as a backup though at a better price.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Depends on our definition of screw up.  Theres Idzik level incompetence and then there's just making ok picks, not totally taking advantage of their situation.  The Clevelands and Detroits (and recent Jets) of the world who have had a run of top picks and who have shown little for it is what I'm thinking.  Pre Dorsey the Browns couldn't improve with every chance to, seemingly an easy thing.

• Upvote 1

The Jets used Roberts on 713 defensive snaps last season — most among their corners — but the 29-year-old defender will need to find a new team to continue his career. Roberts graded as Pro Football Focus’ No. 81 full-time corner last season — well behind some younger Jet contributors. While the Jets have not made splash moves at corner this offseason, they did re-sign slot man Brian Poole — PFF’s No. 9 corner in 2019 — and have Bless Austin and Arthur Maulet on the roster.