49ers trade to Jets? [hypothetical]

Would you guys trade next years 1st and Giants 3rd to 49ers for #13   take one of the 4 tackles at #11 and Cee Lamb or Jeudy at #13.   Might take alittle more to move. Maybe a 5th next year. Also ?   Would love Cee lamb and Triston Wirfs  , Sam Darnold :)

• Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 2

How many teams move their next year's number 1... two days before a draft?  If they aren't going for a QB in the top 3-5 of the current draft?  The only teams that forecast trades like that are in the NBA because every future draft is a total crap shoot.

I agree on QB , but have huge need at WR and have chance to get top wr in draft  ,  a player like Cee lamb would be our #1 for years.  I understand we have big need for ever! At passrush. Maybe we get one that falls to 2nd like Matos   But our d held up pretty good would love to see what Sam can do with a line and a true #1 wr. 

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My favorite "on the way to the beach" music in the mid 80's to mid 90's. Would pop this into the old Alpine driving my '85 Rabbit GTI after crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge going from DC to Bethany Beach. Some fun times ...

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No because Roam wasn't built in a day. 

We might need next year's #1 on a monster edge or another great O-Line prospect 1st round. 

And our #3 from Giants is important in replacing Leo's blunder. 

Yeah but was "Rome" built in a day?

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No because Roam wasn't built in a day. 

We might need next year's #1 on a monster edge or another great O-Line prospect 1st round. 

And our #3 from Giants is important in replacing Leo's blunder. 

How can we replace the blunder that is you?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jamax99 said:

Would you guys trade next years 1st and Giants 3rd to 49ers for #13   take one of the 4 tackles at #11 and Cee Lamb or Jeudy at #13.   Might take alittle more to move. Maybe a 5th next year. Also ?   Would love Cee lamb and Triston Wirfs  , Sam Darnold :)

The 9ers badly need a WR and traded a stud DL for that pick so they can grab one. They're looking to win a Superbowl. They're not dealing for 2021 picks

The 9ers badly need a WR and traded a stud DL for that pick so they can grab one. They're looking to win a Superbowl. They're not dealing for 2021 picks

It’s been said they’re looking to trade both. They don’t have picks until the 5th round. They want to add quantity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jamax99 said:

The closest thing to a legit trade with the 49ers seems to be 11 & 48 for 13 & 31.  But, it would only happen if there's an elite player that the 49ers love available at #11.  They'd be stepping back 17 spots in order to move up 2 in the 1st round.  But again, if they love a player like CeeDee Lamb and they think he'd go to either the Jets or Raiders (both are possibilities) then maybe they make that trade.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The closest thing to a legit trade with the 49ers seems to be 11 & 48 for 13 & 31.  But, it would only happen if there's an elite player that the 49ers love available at #11.  They'd be stepping back 17 spots in order to move up 2 in the 1st round.  But again, if they love a player like CeeDee Lamb and they think he'd go to either the Jets or Raiders (both are possibilities) then maybe they make that trade.

That’s trade is a no brainer for us 

• Upvote 1

If not 49ers maybe Jags , looks like they want to tank for  next years QBs what about a deal that gets us #9 and YN ?  Getting Jets next years #1 w help them in pursuit of qb.   If they took this years #2nd and 4th   next years 1st ,3rd and future 2nd. ? I know its not madden but imagine walking away with Yannick, 2nd overall tackle, and Cee Lamb . . That would be a good crop of young studs.  Still have 2 3s to fill DB and Center. Zzzzzzz dreaming. 

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This could definitely happen! Lynch is unconventional & he's been tremendous so far. He's a GO FOR IT GM which he ain't looking in no rear view mirror because he knows how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. You get a top WR added to Deebo Samuels & they will be really tough to stop with Kittle at TE. No doubt 49ers will be targeting that #11 spot with the Raiders inbetween. It will all come down to what WRs are left & if the guy the Niners have targeted is there. Don't be surprised if the Jaguars trade back from #9, Jags need draft picks because they are so tight against the cap with dead money & bad contracts all over the place. You solve that with rookie contracts. 

43 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

If not 49ers maybe Jags , looks like they want to tank for  next years QBs what about a deal that gets us #9 and YN ?  Getting Jets next years #1 w help them in pursuit of qb.   If they took this years #2nd and 4th   next years 1st ,3rd and future 2nd. ? I know its not madden but imagine walking away with Yannick, 2nd overall tackle, and Cee Lamb . . That would be a good crop of young studs.  Still have 2 3s to fill DB and Center. Zzzzzzz dreaming. 

I just creamed my pants. THIS would put the Jets in the hunt for the AFC East division title! Our defense would stifle those young AFC East QBs. Yannick, Jets interior Dline, Q steps up, Mosely & that LB core, Adams, Maye, only weakness is CB (Logan?). 

11 hours ago, Jamax99 said:

And what if the top 4 OTs are gone?  Draft Jeudy and Lamb?  Then take one of those great round 2 WRs followed by one of those shifty pass catching RBs in round 3 and the big TE (Kmet) someone else mentioned in another post.  Then we trade down the rest of the way.  Next year we draft OL in rounds 2 and 3 plus sign free agents with all that cap space. 

Would probably lead to disaster (since winning begins in the trenches) but seems like a fun scenario to consider since we'd be drafting all "skill position" players (which we've neglected for over a decade).

I'm not seriously advocating for this, btw.

I like the idea of the Jets adding picks by trading down from #11, trading Adams, or both. Once they do something like that, I'd be all over trading #48 and #79 to the 49ers for their #31 and #217, provided, of course, there was someone I really liked there at #31 (and I assume there would be). 

• Upvote 1