League Expects Full Season In 2020

another win if true 

The NFL is on track to release its 17-week, 256-game schedule this week. But it may feature a major change. The league is no longer expected to include London games on this year’s docket, according to Matt Hughes of the Daily Mail.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the NFL does not view it as feasible to play its four-game London slate, Hughes adds. Soccer club Tottenhan Hotspur has been informed its new stadium will not be hosting the two games expected. The NFL and Tottenham reached a 10-year agreement to hold two matches per season at the venue, but the coronavirus has altered part of this deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I wish this was true but CMON. The Governor of Califorinia has already said he will not allow gatherings of that nature till 2021. So where do the 49ers play for example? 

The only was this works is if we have instant testing available for all fans entering at the security check. 

Then will all fans go? Im young and healthy and still feel sketched out about entering a stadium. I may pass and watch it on tv but lets see where we are in August....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I wish this was true but CMON. The Governor of Califorinia has already said he will not allow gatherings of that nature till 2021. So where do the 49ers play for example? 

The only was this works is if we have instant testing available for all fans entering at the security check. 

Then will all fans go? Im young and healthy and still feel sketched out about entering a stadium. I may pass and watch it on tv but lets see where we are in August....

Sounds like whether it’s September or not they’re expecting to play the full schedule. 

Baseballs current stance: 

We’ve heard of a handful of ideas about ways in which MLB could look to bring back games in 2020. Many have involved centralizing teams in a few states, perhaps with temporary league and divisional realignment. MLB’s “preferred plan,” however, is to stage as many games as possible in teams’ current home parks, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Those games would still be without fans, of course, at least at the beginning of the season.

Optimism is building around the league that some portion of the season can be salvaged, though. It seems the hope is that’ll be possible without needing to gather teams at a few central locations.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Who needs the California teams? Let them cancel their seasons based on Newsomes decision. Figure out a new schedule with the Niners, Chargers, or Rams out.
They don’t have real fans anyway, ?.

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

For selfish reasons I hope they play

Once people start moving around again it’s like the lottery, do you want to stay home in bubble wrap? Or live your life? 
This virus has certainly changed the lives of the truly vulnerable, and of course there are always outliers. I mean, the guy who wrote THE JOY OF RUNNING died of a damn heart attack as a young man. 
Once everyone’s back on the roads your chances of dying in a car accident will probably be higher than dying from Covid if your young & relatively healthy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I expect the economic pressure to mount on the Governor of CA with tax revenue loss being to great to lose both the NFL and the Pac-12. 

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Who needs the California teams? Let them cancel their seasons based on Newsomes decision. Figure out a new schedule with the Niners, Chargers, or Rams out.
They don’t have real fans anyway, ?.

Rams and 49ers made last 2 Super Bowls. I think they should figure out how to include them

12 minutes ago, vtbx said:

I expect the economic pressure to mount on the Governor of CA with tax revenue loss being to great to lose both the NFL and the Pac-12. 

If you think Gavin Newsome will bend on public policy because of sports you are dead wrong.  He signed the California state bill that allows athletes the rights to earn endorsement money  precisely to **** over the NCAA.  And he won't change his thinking because of political pressure to sports interests.  He just doesn't think that way. His buddies aren't Roger Goodell and Vince McMahon.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The only this that will stop the NFL from being played is stupid politics.  

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Once people start moving around again it’s like the lottery, do you want to stay home in bubble wrap? Or live your life? 
This virus has certainly changed the lives of the truly vulnerable, and of course there are always outliers. I mean, the guy who wrote THE JOY OF RUNNING died of a damn heart attack as a young man. 
Once everyone’s back on the roads your chances of dying in a car accident will probably be higher than dying from Covid if your young & relatively healthy. 

We will soon get to the point of everyone simply needing to figure out what's best for him or herself in an uncertain world.  If you're elderly, have pre-existing conditions or otherwise seem vulnerable then stay home as much as possible, avoid people, wear a mask in public and be extra vigilant about cleaning your hands and keeping your surroundings clean as you await a vaccine.  But for something like 97% of people who seem like they'll either have mild symptoms or not be affected at all (or who may have immunity already because they've had COVID) it's unsustainable to lock them down for 18 months and shutter all businesses waiting for a vaccine.

It would be like putting padding all over the streets, sidewalks and walls so that if someone falls off a bike they don't get hurt.  The rider should just wear a helmet and be cautious.  Yes, that's a simplistic analogy but we're starting to see other really bad societal consequences due to our  prolonged lockdown and efforts to minimize spread.

Unemployment, domestic violence incidents, mental health problems for adults and kids alike, etc. are all taking hold.  Once we dial-in which industries and what percentage of the economy can be opened while not overwhelming hospitals I think we'll push forward with that.  If that means 10% of fans who would normally go to sports events should temporarily avoid them for the 2020 season then that's a smart idea.  Stay home for a season and come back next year.  Watch the games on TV.  Our stadium was like half-full anyway!   Jets fans have been practicing social distancing ever since our last playoff season a decade ago. :P 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Will change rapidly in the coming weeks. He will be ousted from office before he keeps CA shut down for an entire year.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

another win if true 

The NFL is on track to release its 17-week, 256-game schedule this week. But it may feature a major change. The league is no longer expected to include London games on this year’s docket, according to Matt Hughes of the Daily Mail.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the NFL does not view it as feasible to play its four-game London slate, Hughes adds. Soccer club Tottenhan Hotspur has been informed its new stadium will not be hosting the two games expected. The NFL and Tottenham reached a 10-year agreement to hold two matches per season at the venue, but the coronavirus has altered part of this deal.

Getting rid of those f*cking games permanently would be a win.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

another win if true 

tenor.gif?itemid=10042377

I could see leagues working hard to get games played by the fall even if the stadiums are empty so they can keep revenue from TV contracts but on the other hand I am a lot less certain the players' unions will agree to have them play without enormous concessions. 

11 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I could see leagues working hard to get games played by the fall even if the stadiums are empty so they can keep revenue from TV contracts but on the other hand I am a lot less certain the players' unions will agree to have them play without enormous concessions. 

If ONE player gets sick the whole thing unravels...………….this whole thing stinks 

19 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Tell him to look at his beaches...

To prepare for a scenario in which fans are allowed into venues during the 2020 NFL campaign, the Miami Dolphins have developed strategies for how to host games at Hard Rock Stadium during the COVID-19 pandemic.

While appearing on "Good Morning America" on Monday, Dolphins president and CEO Tom Garfinkel revealed mock-ups of new stadium entrance points that would help the team comply with social distance guidelines.

"We would have times to come in for security at different gates so people would be separated out in terms of when they enter the stadium," Garfinkel said, according to ESPN's Cameron Wolfe. "We would exit the stadium much like a church environment where each row exits so people aren't filing out all at the same time in a herd."

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

If ONE player gets sick the whole thing unravels...………….this whole thing stinks 

They can pull it off.  High frequency testing of players, coaches and refs and availability of therapeutics plus they will end up playing the games in Arizona andFlorida in empty stadiums

This idea that teams like the Packers, Bears and Jets will be playing home games with fans in December is wishful thinking at best

51 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

They can pull it off.  High frequency testing of players, coaches and refs and availability of therapeutics plus they will end up playing the games in Arizona andFlorida in empty stadiums

This idea that teams like the Packers, Bears and Jets will be playing home games with fans in December is wishful thinking at best

I am wishful.

The NFL has set protocols for reopening team facilities and has told the 32 teams to have them in place by May 15.

In a memo sent by commissioner Roger Goodell and obtained Wednesday night by ESPN, several phases of the protocols were laid out. The first phase would involve a limited number of non-player personnel, initially 50% of the non-player employees (up to a total of 75) on any single day, being approved to be at the facility. But state or local regulations could require a lower number.