Chris Jones gets a 4/$85m deal from KC

51 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

giphy-23.gif.8f9f3751c1f84eed02618449af57a3ca.gif

Lol, Leonard has less sacks in the last three years (7.5) than Jones had last year alone (9). Jones has 33 sack in 4 years while Leonard has 17.5 in 5 years. For a good laugh Jamal Adams has 12 sacks in three years with 6.5 last year compared to Leonard's 5.5 the last two seasons. Leonard is a space eater at best. Yet, another steal that fell to the Jets 6th overall, which I guess is better than 3rd overall. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Lol, Leonard has less sacks in the last three years (7.5) than Jones had last year alone (9). Jones has 33 sack in 4 years while Leonard has 17.5 in 5 years. For a good laugh Jamal Adams has 12 sacks in three years with 6.5 last year compared to Leonard's 5.5 the last two seasons. Leonard is a space eater at best. Yet, another steal that fell to the Jets 6th overall, which I guess is better than 3rd overall. 

And, Leo is trying to hold the Giants hostage right now.  I love it.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

And, Leo is trying to hold the Giants hostage right now.  I love it.

Yeah, well Leo is going to be disappointed unless he performs quite well this year. You can draft a guy in the later rounds to replace his production. People will say "Leo gets doubled all the time", but so do a lot of other guys who consistently put up impressive numbers.  

29 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Jamal Adams is rubbing his nipples and crying at the same time! I find it hilarious that I know this guy is losing his mind every time somebody else has their name posted on PFT and they "got paid"!!

380f64d8a3d790f32937514edc7a1cdd.jpg

marsha.gif

He’s about to get $100,000,000.... I think he’s loving all thes recent signings.

I wish Douglas would’ve traded him, or signed him when he could have for 15 or 16 per for 5 years.

He screwed this up pretty bad so far by totally misreading the market. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

He’s about to get $100,000,000.... I think he’s loving all thes recent signings.

I wish Douglas would’ve traded him, or signed him when he could have for 15 or 16 per for 5 years.

He screwed this up pretty bad so far by totally misreading the market. 

No.... I don't think so.

marsha.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is that how Belichick won all those Superbowls?

I don’t know, you tell me... Aside from the fact he’s the GOAT HC and DC in the sport, were guys like Brady, Gronkowski, Edelman, Vrabel, Bruhski, Harrison, McGinest playing for free?

My opinion? You keep your good players by paying them, and letting them go a year early rather than two years too late.

I also think when your best employee outperforms his contract, I think it’s good business to reward him. Especially when you have very few good employees.

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I don’t know, you tell me... Aside from the fact he’s the GOAT HC and DC in the sport, were guys like Brady, Gronkowski, Edelman, Vrabel, Bruhski, Harrison, McGinest playing for free?

My opinion? You keep your good players by paying them, and letting them go a year early rather than two years too late.

I also think when your best employee outperforms his contract, I think it’s good business to reward him. Especially when you have very few good employees.

Cheating.  Duh!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Ghost said:

How do they have this much money? 

there are many ways to make cap space

there are not many ways to find All Pro's. 

for the last decade the Jets ownership has been gaslighting the fans into believing they are constantly in danger of being over the cap 

this latest scam is that the cap will be lowered due to COVID. There's no proof of this and the CBA was just signed but yeah let's believe that nonsense. Meanwhile every other team worth a damn is signing their stars. 

it has never really been an issue for 30 other NFL teams but the Jets are constantly saving money for a rainy day that's never going to come 

13 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Funny how good teams pay their best players, isn’t it?

Yes that is funny. it's also funny how they hire competent coaches at market rate

not bottom feeders like Gase and Bowles. 

it's almost like running a legitimate winning franchise takes money

all are Forbes Estimates:  

Hunt family net worth: 16.3 Billion dollars

Johnson family net worth: 4.2 Billion dollars 

New York Jets Franchise Value 3.2 Billion dollars

the owners use this team like a piggy bank

the distance between the cap ceiling and actual spend is over 27 million dollars currently

they use it to subsidize their scone spend in London 

and yes @slats says I am a broken record but he gave me 1 rant per week

so here's the tea: 

they are not interested in winning

because winning doesn't make them any more money 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

1. they are not interested in winning

2. because winning doesn't make them any more money 

1. God, I hope that is false.

2. I know that is false but if they believe that, then they are dumber than anyone thought.

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

2. I know that is false but if they believe that, then they are dumber than anyone thought.

league economics are communist

they split everything even merch except for ticket sales 

the Jets are currently 6th in Franchise value 

that's despite them being 30th in power rank

Could they get to the top 5 if they win SB? yeah but the money they'd have to spend to do it wouldn't create enough wealth to justify the spend 

or put it another way the Chiefs just spent a half a billion dollars on players, what do you think they give Andy Reid to do his job? 10 mil a year maybe more? 

the Johnsons are not in the 'paying a GM/HC 10 million dollars' game and they never will be 

especially when they get a cut of every Patriots, Chiefs and Saints jersey sold 

they don't have to be good they just have to keep the lights on 

meanwhile they sit under the salary cap and the salary floor and pocket the money they don't spend on players. 

this whole Jamal Adams thing everyone talks about the players they'd rather sign than Jamal 

guess what the Johnsons don't want to pay them either 

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets paid Mo Wilk crazy money..

excellent point.  i don't see where this chris jones contract is that crazy considering what the jets paid wilky a few years ago.  the thing is adams will most likely think he's worth the same ignoring the fact that his position isn't as important.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

there are many ways to make cap space

there are not many ways to find All Pro's. 

for the last decade the Jets ownership has been gaslighting the fans into believing they are constantly in danger of being over the cap 

this latest scam is that the cap will be lowered due to COVID. There's no proof of this and the CBA was just signed but yeah let's believe that nonsense. Meanwhile every other team worth a damn is signing their stars. 

it has never really been an issue for 30 other NFL teams but the Jets are constantly saving money for a rainy day that's never going to come 

Yes that is funny. it's also funny how they hire competent coaches at market rate

not bottom feeders like Gase and Bowles. 

it's almost like running a legitimate winning franchise takes money

all are Forbes Estimates:  

Hunt family net worth: 16.3 Billion dollars

Johnson family net worth: 4.2 Billion dollars 

New York Jets Franchise Value 3.2 Billion dollars

the owners use this team like a piggy bank

the distance between the cap ceiling and actual spend is over 27 million dollars currently

they use it to subsidize their scone spend in London 

and yes @slats says I am a broken record but he gave me 1 rant per week

so here's the tea: 

they are not interested in winning

because winning doesn't make them any more money 

some good observations here.   the johnsons probably won't make that much more money if the team really improves that much.  i'm willing to guess the jets nearly sell out each sunday.  they would get more money for t-shirts and such but would it offset the money they stand to pocket if they don't spend to the cap?  on the other hand, they did spend a small fortune providing the jets with a great training facility and they also put a lot of their own money into the stadium.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

1. God, I hope that is false.

It's the same old tripe Bit has been spouting for years.

Even if he were actually correct, its still an annoyance and pretty much the only thing he posts these days.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's the same old tripe Bit has been spouting for years.

Even if he were actually correct, its still an annoyance and pretty much the only thing he posts these days.

You're not sold on the endless stream of self-contradiction that constantly flows throughout the bit-spiracy theories?  It really gives a great one-two punch with the stream of outright factually inaccurate statements the entire argument is dependent on.  Trolly must be his idol.

• Sympathy 1