Adams would be a moron if he plays under his rookie deal now

How dumb would Jamal be if he shows up for Training Camp without a new deal?

After todays news, it's a given he's going to get a minimum  $100,000,000 deal, probably more. Why take the chance of getting a severe injury playing for peanuts?

Just tell Douglas I’ll be waiting at home for my money, and thank him for the extra 20-30 million he probably made today.

• Thumb Down 18
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

He has no choice he's under contract - he doesn't want to play then forfeit his current salary.

Lol at forfeiting his current salary.

All Adams has to do is report to Training Camp, and then leave before they scrimmage. He’ll only be out $850,000 (his ‘20 salary after reporting bonus)

If I’m him, I tell the Jets to keep that money and put it toward fines.... 

Would you risk 100 million for 850,000? I wouldn’t.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

All Adams has to do is report to Training Camp, and then leave before they scrimmage. He’ll only be out $850,000.

Doesn't matter what you or I think, it matters what Douglas and the Jets think . 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Doesn't matter what you or I think, it matters what Douglas and the Jets think . 

You’re forgetting what Adams thinks is kind of important also.

It’s good to be Jamal right now. He knows he’s getting a 9 figure deal, it’s just a question of how soon.

2 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

All Adams has to do is report to Training Camp, and then leave before they scrimmage. He’ll only be out $850,000.

Okay.  They can fine him at least $30K a day.  That might almost cover one month. The main point is that he would be risking that $100M.  He has to show up at some point or his season won't even vest.  This isn't like Bell not signing the tag.  For every Ezekial Elliot there are probably a dozen guys who didn't even do as well as Melvin Gordon.

• Upvote 2

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Okay.  They can fine him at least $30K a day.  That might almost cover one month. The main point is that he would be risking that $100M.  He has to show up at some point or his season won't even vest.  This isn't like Bell not signing the tag.  For every Ezekial Elliot there are probably a dozen guys who didn't even do as well as Melvin Gordon.

If I'm Adams, I tell them my price goes up $30,001 per day then... I sit back and wait for my $100 million

5 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

If I'm Adams, I tell them my price goes up $30,001 per day then... I sit back and wait for my $100 million

You must realize that any such a course of action by Adams would eviscerate his market value even more than his actions up to this point have already done?

Let him sit and make nothing.

His value has gone down since the draft.  Not up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

After todays news, it's a given he's going to get a minimum  $100,000,000 deal, probably more. Why take the chance of getting a severe injury playing for peanuts?

Just tell Douglas I’ll be waiting at home for my money, and thank him for the extra 20-30 million he probably made today.

Unfortunately for Jamal, the jets, and the team's fans, he doesn't have the impact the other guys have nor does he play their position. Oh, and he plays a position that is generally one of the lowest paid.

He'll probably play because he's making 7.5 million this year and probably has bills to pay. Athletes often outspend even their large contract and need a consistent income to cover those expenses. Multi million home, quarter million car, insurance for both, business ventures/investments, as well as daily lifestyle. It adds up faster than most people think. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I would continue to prove myself, shut my mouth and wait my turn.

I don't know if anybody remembers but this guy really only had one good season? He got blown away by Marcus Maye as a rookie.. remember? He looked like complete fool in pass coverage running in the wrong direction-

He had an average 2nd year and made the Pro Bowl as a substitute.. mostly from his self promotion ..which by the way he can thank the Jets for drafting him and bringing him to New York the media capital of the world.

His only really outstanding season was last year under the tutelage of Greg Williams ..a Veteran defensive coordinator who knew how to deploy him to give teams fits.

And now this emotionally insecure cry baby is acting like the last single bridesmaid in her thirties at a wedding every time somebody else "gets paid"!

He needs to stop his Instagram posts like he's part of the big kids club. Constantly writing posts like he knows Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Pat Mahomes. Personally I think he's that dude that you intentionally don't invite to your backyard party.

Lastly I don't buy this crap that he's suddenly worried that he's going to get a significant career-ending injury lol!! And that's why he needs a hundred million dollars.. right away!

Does anybody else find the humor in this!? Jamal comes off like an emotional train wreck like he should be on that old MTV reality show with  Britney Spears, Chyna and Verne Troyer.. Celebrity Disasters or whatever it was called. 

Your points are all so two weeks ago. LOL None of the matter now.

Today’s news ensures Adams is getting his 9 figure deal, and he’s getting it soon. All the same old tired bromides you Jamal bashers have been posting mean nothing any more.

If it makes you feel better, I think JD misread this market so badly, he’s now probably going to trade Adams rather than pay him. It would be a bad look to have to pay a player 18-20 per, when 15 or 16 would’ve gotten the deal done a few weeks ago.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

This isn't trolling.

How would you play it if you were Adams?

Probably box the contract in and tackle it. 

If the contract was like a TE catching a pass, I'd ignore it. 

Then I'd talk about signing the contract on social media, after I signed it. 

Later, I'd get upset about the contract and talk about that on social media as well. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Your points are all so two weeks ago.

Today’s news ensures Adams is getting his 9 figure deal, and he’s getting it soon. All the same old tired bromides you guys have been posting mean nothing.

If it makes you feel better, I think JD misread this market so badly, he’s now probably going to trade Adams rather than pay him. It would be a bad look to have to pay a player 18-20 per, when 15 or 16 would’ve gotten the deal done a few weeks ago.

Dude I'd lmao if Joe Douglas takes a s***  in Jamal Adams helmet and dropkicks it across the parking lot!

I could care less if we flat out cut his ass at this point. I don't think he needs a jersey or a jockstrap.. I think he needs a therapist. You'll probably see him in a few years on his own reality show getting a sex change.. cuz he's always been a woman!! AHAHA

Truth spoken by The Blitz

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Dude I'd lmao if Joe Douglas takes a s***  in Jamal Adams helmet and dropkicks it across the parking lot!

I could care less if we flat out cut his ass at this point. I don't think he needs a jersey or a jockstrap.. I think he needs a therapist. You'll probably see him in a few years on his own reality show getting a sex change.. cuz he's always been a woman!! AHAHA

Truth spoken by The Blitz

Okay... ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Hey

3B50F536-3B27-400B-AE39-D8DC8042688B.jpeg.8fec21f467cab817566cd0a44cab0a19.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"The Jets are gonna have to pay Jamall-Pro"

"There's no way they let him go!  He's a DAWG"

"This just ensures PREZ is gonna get a 5 year, 100 million dollar contract!" 

"Lol, Joe Douglas misread this completely. LUV WINS AGAIN!"

96A69D9D-CA0E-472D-ADB9-00A2563308FF.thumb.jpeg.64bb3e06b486edde25d669fc9be5755f.jpeg

The result

DEE581C8-05DA-419D-9610-D8E782D925C1.jpeg.1abcea1c9bb037c418d8b9c465de1a6c.jpeg

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Not as dumb as Joe Douglas if he gives him anything close to that. 

• Upvote 3