MetLifeless: No Fans to Attend Jets or Giants Games in 2020

According to Steve Politi of NJ.com is reporting that the New York Jets (along with the Giants and Rutgers) will not have fans in the stands for their 2020 games.

The Giants, Jets and Rutgers will play their 2020 home games without fans because of the coronavirus pandemic. News: https://t.co/nIG7u12z68

— Steve Politi (@StevePoliti) July 20, 2020

As much of a disappointment at this may be for some, it’s not all that much of a surprise as a similar announcement was made last week in Phileadelphia in regards to the Eagles and Philles.

The announcement comes as teams and players continue to work toward finding common ground in players reporting to training camps this week after the players launched a coordinated twitter campaign yesterday to stress the fact that they want to play.

The post MetLifeless: No Fans to Attend Jets or Giants Games in 2020 appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
RJyhAOE8FdE

Click here to read the full story...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Seems like an unfair competitive advantage for some teams to have fans vs others also not to have.   Also seems like an unecessary risk.

This is why we have struggled with this pandemic so much. It’s not even political-Americans don’t like to inconvenienced and will continue to live their lives. 

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

did you guys see the stuff they did in KC? pretty solid, imho.

I'm at the NJ shore this weekend and nobody follows that stuff. 6ft apart floor markings all over that are just ignored due to crowds which are huge. 90% no masks on boardwalk too. Even the ride area where they are required a solid 30/40% take off or pull down in common areas.

Once fall hits this will spike again here unless we've achieved sufficient level of herd immunity to keep spread minimal. Theorized by some that NYC likely has but that population is turning over rapidly and surroudnig areas arent close.

Better to keep it closed probably, yelling /cheering in large crowds no bueno.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm at the NJ shore this weekend and nobody follows that stuff. 6ft apart floor markings all over that are just ignored due to crowds which are huge. 90% no masks on boardwalk too. Even the ride area where they are required a solid 30/40% take off or pull down in common areas.

Once fall hits this will spike again here unless we've achieved sufficient level of herd immunity to keep spread minimal. Theorized by some that NYC likely has but that population is turning over rapidly and surroudnig areas arent close.

Better to keep it closed probably, yelling /cheering in large crowds no bueno.

i think the idea was max cpacity @ 22%

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

OMG! Let's flatten the curve. Ok. Now, GOD FORBID we open anything there will be spikes. 98.6% asymptomatic. I swear to god, if we start driving cars again, I'll lose my sh*t! Do you know how many lives will be lost? 

When you open stuff up, ANYTHING, you will have cases. Guess what? Even AFTER they have a vaccine THERE WILL STILL BE COVID CASES. 

Everyone says follow the science. Sorry, the CURE NOW is worse than the virus. Suicides, depression (much of it in young adults) is through the roof, mental health from job loss, anxiety is at an all time high. Watch the news, they love to scare the bejesus out of you. 

Living is a risk. Everyone understood the idea to protect the vulnerable, and to flatten the curve as to not overwhelm understaffed PROFIT CENTERS aka, hospitals. The SCIENCE says another shutdown will have horrific consequences for LONG TERM health of the country. 

heres hoping teh elders in your family dont drop dead

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

minority report wisdom GIF

So they have COVID+ test results, but so far anyway, nobody is sick enough to say the positive test is thus confirmed. Such  they think the positives are in fact false. 

We need to protect the vulnerable. But the rest of it is a complete farce with masks. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Seems like an unfair competitive advantage for some teams to have fans vs others also not to have.   Also seems like an unecessary risk.

Disagree but we'll see.   A team at 22% capacity in a building that size will sound like an XFL crowd with fans able to hear what the players are saying on their televisions.

What they should do is let fans of the opposing team into the game as a protest against the home team. The media has said protests does not spread covid.. I suppose the fans could also loot anything they can from the stands which is always part of the protest..:getgreen: 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So they have COVID+ test results, but so far anyway, nobody is sick enough to say the positive test is thus confirmed. Such  they think the positives are in fact false. 

We need to protect the vulnerable. But the rest of it is a complete farce with masks. 

Yeah, obviously if these players are infected, it’s probably fine. But if those positives grow exponentially and these players are running around hotels and airports twice a week, there’s going to be a reckoning. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

What they should do is let fans of the opposing team into the game as a protest against the home team. The media has said protests does not spread covid.. I suppose the fans could also loot anything they can from the stands which is always part of the protest..:getgreen: 

“Here in this diner in Okeechobee, Florida, residents seem to be less concerned about the pandemic. We talked to one airboat captain by the name of John while he sipped his coffee and ate a belgian waffle covered in whipped cream and horseflies...”

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

OMG! Let's flatten the curve. Ok. Now, GOD FORBID we open anything there will be spikes. 98.6% asymptomatic. I swear to god, if we start driving cars again, I'll lose my sh*t! Do you know how many lives will be lost? 

When you open stuff up, ANYTHING, you will have cases. Guess what? Even AFTER they have a vaccine THERE WILL STILL BE COVID CASES. 

Everyone says follow the science. Sorry, the CURE NOW is worse than the virus. Suicides, depression (much of it in young adults) is through the roof, mental health from job loss, anxiety is at an all time high. Watch the news, they love to scare the bejesus out of you. 

Living is a risk. Everyone understood the idea to protect the vulnerable, and to flatten the curve as to not overwhelm understaffed PROFIT CENTERS aka, hospitals. The SCIENCE says another shutdown will have horrific consequences for LONG TERM health of the country. 

There’s a whole club for comments like yours  

My response to your crap probably belongs there as well but spare me this suicide crap.  You’re basically saying people should sacrifice their health for people who are depressed.  I don’t want to see people commit suicide but if we are going to look at is how you do at least they aren’t overloading the hospitals and burdening our healthcare workers.  Suicides also won’t infect numerous people like Covid can do.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Here in this diner in Okeechobee, Florida, residents seem to be less concerned about the pandemic. We talked to one airboat captain by the name of John while he sipped his coffee and ate a belgian waffle covered in whipped cream and horseflies...”

The Captain must have been at Pogey's that's the only place that serves horseflies and waffles in Okeechobee..:beer:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

There’s a whole club for comments like yours  

My response to your crap probably belongs there as well but spare me this suicide crap.  You’re basically saying people should sacrifice their health for people who are depressed.  I don’t want to see people commit suicide but if we are going to look at is how you do at least they aren’t overloading the hospitals and burdening our healthcare workers.  Suicides also won’t infect numerous people like Covid can do.  

Yea, whatever! God damn riots & protests & nothing said regarding Covid but god forbid people sit 10’ away from each other outside. 
I don’t go near old people & old people & people with underlying conditions shouldn’t go to a Jet game. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Yea, whatever! God damn riots & protests & nothing said regarding Covid but god forbid people sit 10’ away from each other outside. 
I don’t go near old people & old people & people with underlying conditions shouldn’t go to a Jet game. 

Based on your rants all over the place I’m assuming you’re one of the depressed people.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

image.gif.f369285d39efb4554616063a0792121c.gif

Even though it would be a disadvantage for us to play a road game against a team that allows fans, I'd sign up for all 8 of our road games to be that way.  Sports without fans is pretty boring (though I'll still take it, of course, over no sports).  I'm very much looking forward to watch a game that has fans in attendance.

I'm type 2 diabetic.  I'm 40 years old. I go out all the time, grocery store, restaurants,  exercise,  etc. Nothing has happened to me. Nothing has happened to anyone I know or the ppl they know. The hospitals are completely normal.... I live in a supposedly high risk area.

Ppl really need to stop trusting the media on anything 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenPower said:

I'm type 2 diabetic.  I'm 40 years old. I go out all the time, grocery store, restaurants,  exercise,  etc. Nothing has happened to me. Nothing has happened to anyone I know or the ppl they know. The hospitals are completely normal.... I live in a supposedly high risk area.

Isn't your post now part of "the media"?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

It's called a pandemic . If you want to risk your health over a football game , have at it .

Its actually called the flu or common cold.... Coronavirus is the virus family of the flu and cold. It mutates all the time.... its called flu season 

Myocarditis or however you say it is a rare symptom in the flu or common cold WHICH HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS...bronchitis is another condition....

every year 100s of thousands of ppl die from the flu or common cold,  mostly older ppl with comorbidities.... THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE SINCE MOSES.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

While federal & state workers get paid for sitting on their azz, oh, except Police, Firefighters

It would be nice if some of these "heroes" forcing business shut downs took a hair cut in salary like thier constituents are being forced to do. Pariculalry considering how much state income is down. Let's vote on that.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Oh wow this changes everything!  Your town is unaffected so everywhere is fine.  Great news everybody!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

800,000+ deaths in less than 8 months.  Helluva flu.  

As has been said thousands of times, COVID-19 and influenza are two different viruses.  COVID-19 is not now, or will ever be, influenza.  Additionally, the problem we have with COVID-19 which differentiates it from other coronaviruses like the common cold is that it is a NOVEL coronavirus which first appeared in China this past Winter.  This means that we don't have any natural/derived immunity and that we don't know exactly how it acts in the body.

• Upvote 3