Nico out

nico002

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Jet fans want to think Mike White is Tom Brady for a few days, let them.  Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody knows what white mike is going to be.  I encourage people to dream these 4 days.  

I am so excited to watch white mike sling it around tomorrow I almost cant contain myself.

Dream big jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You never know!

If Mike White is Tom Brady, would that make him Mike Brady?

image.png.957cff9cf3b7a501165b6843175a10dd.png

• Haha 3

On 11/3/2021 at 8:31 PM, More Cowbell said:

This guy has really been popular past couple of days. The gift that keeps on giving 

I wonder who he will come back as next. For all we know, he's already among us with a new name... It's like JN's version of Where's Waldo. 

Edit: Ah, I see he changed his name already to Uncle Nicco. Hiding in plain site this time. Clever. Very clever.

• Haha 3

On 11/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, jgb said:

If only you had shown this objectivity with Darnold even after he had 38 games of mostly terrible tape.

And even then he still calls Darnold "broken" or "shattered".  Implying that he could have been something if it hadn't been for the mean old Jets.

He refuses to say Darnold simply sucks at being a QB, and he never will.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And even then he still calls Darnold "broken" or "shattered".  Implying that he could have been something if it hadn't been for the mean old Jets.

He refuses to say Darnold simply sucks at being a QB, and he never will.

Darnold supporters never admit to being wrong. They just climb into their stasis chambers and wait for a non-horrendous performance to pop out and go "oogidty boogity!" before vanishing again.

4 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Get over me please 

You get over Sam, we get over you. Simple.

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Wait… you’re Nico?!?

Until he's wrong about something else and flushes this screen name, also.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Darnold supporters never admit to being wrong. They just climb into their stasis chambers and wait for a non-horrendous performance to pop out and go "oogidty boogity!" before vanishing again.

You get over Sam, we get over you. Simple.

Until he's wrong about something else and flushes this screen name, also.

I’ve been over Sam for over a year, you need a new hobby  

9 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

I’ve been over Sam for over a year, you need a new hobby  

Admit he isn't broken or a failure to develop situation and that he blows at football then we can debate your new crush, Zach and hatred for Mike White who has delivered a better performance in one career complete game then both of them combined.

Otherwise, no quarter, no mercy. Darnoids must be stamped out like the Genoids and Sanchizers before that. Nobody eased up on me when I was preaching heresy to the Church of Samwell the last couple years and I nearly got banned for being so virulently anti-Geno. I never begged to invoke a mercy rule because I knew I was right.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Admit he isn't broken or a failure to develop situation and that he blows at football then we can debate your new crush, Zach and hatred for Mike White who has delivered a better performance in one career complete game then both of them combined.

Otherwise, no quarter, no mercy. Darnoids must be stamped out like the Genoids and Sanchezeezs before that. Nobody eased up on me when I was preaching heresy to the Church of Samwell the last couple years and I nearly got banned for being so virulently anti-Geno. I never begged to invoke a mercy rule because I knew I was right.

Sam was pretty much text book how to ruin a franchise qb.

You also did not almost get banned for being anti geno. Or anti anyone. 

Sam was worthy of the pick and worth to start. Gase ruined him. See Carolina. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Was Gase to blame for Darnold leading FBS in turnovers his final year at USC?  Or for Darnold ranking as QB32 his rookie year under Bowles?  

Darnold defenders are insane.  You guys just can’t admit the guy sucks, ever.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

was just about to quote and say this same thing. Sam has been the same player he was at USC this entire time.

One great Rose Bowl performance.  One very good game against the Packers.  One or 2 nice games for the Panthers.  The rest of his career performance:  Trash.  But it’s all mean old Adam Gase’s fault. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Thank you. This is all I needed to bump whenever a Sam defender accuses us of beating a dead horse. It's not dead until it stops twitching.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Was Gase to blame for Darnold leading FBS in turnovers his final year at USC?  Or for Darnold ranking as QB32 his rookie year under Bowles?  

Darnold defenders are insane.  You guys just can’t admit the guy sucks, ever.  

Not only can they not admit he sucks, they can't even define what good looks like. They abjectly refuse to put anything down up front and say "this is what a successful season by Sam would look like." Nope! They just wait and see what happens and then either twist it into a success or trot out some combination of the myriad of excuses we have been hearing for years. To wit, two months ago they were crowing about how Sam will finally have the requisite surrounding talent to show us all that he is a secret-FQB-in-hiding. Two weeks into the season they were riding high, victory lapping and signing autographs. Then -- as you and I predicted in the off season (hot start then nosedive) -- it all came crashing down and voila, the excuses came in a torrent. And now, a brand new, insidious, and purposefully vague excuse arises:

Even if Sam never succeeds in any environment ever, it's still not his fault because Gase has left an indelible stain upon him that has fundamentally altered and forever changed him. Sam Darnold is the Mona Lisa, you see, and Gase is a vandal that snuck into the Louvre with a bucket of red paint and threw it upon the masterpiece. Underneath exists a FQB-in-hiding but no one will ever see it because of cartoon-villain Gase's mania. It's completely ******* absurd.

As I demonstrated in another thread, Darnoidism twisted Pac in so many knots he transformed from a rational fan who once opined that "Good QBs play well despite who is at WR" when referring to Sanchez into a wild-eyed Darnold acolyte who issued not one but two "no excuses" proclamations for Sam at the beginning of different seasons as a NY Jets only to foist tons of excuses at the end of each (while continuing to do so to this day) to explain away Sam's terribleness. To Pac, Nico, and those like them, Sam's successes (limited and such as they are) are his and his alone while his failures must be borne by all. Pac just yesterday said that it's still not conclusive that Darnold is a bust. Seriously? Darnoids will just never admit it. They'll either demand endless re-counts or just go into temporary hibernation and wait for a non-tragicomedic performance by Sam to re-emerge.

And now here we have Nico, who has learned nothing from his Sam experience and has dived directly into full throated excuse-making for Zach, to the point that he feels the need to tear down the QB who has had the best actual, real, performance for the Jets in the last twenty years. Do not be deceived, if Sam or Zach had one game like Mike White's it would be constantly brought up in response to any post questioning either player like a mic drop moment.

It's an absolute disease, this cult of "flashes" or "potential." Yeah, well every lotto ticket is a potential winner but you don't tell your boss to kiss your ass and go buy a lambo until the numbers hit.

twister.thumb.png.d09d204a180e3a10ec648ed9c428d2a5.png

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not only can they not admit he sucks, they can't even define what good looks like! They abjectly refuse to put anything down up front and say "this is what a successful season by Sam would look like." Nope! They just wait and see what happens and then either twist it into a success or trot out some combination of the myriad of excuses we have been hearing for years.

twister.thumb.png.d09d204a180e3a10ec648ed9c428d2a5.png

As I demonstrated in another thread, Darnoidism twisted Pac in so many knots he went from a rational fan who once opined that "Good QBs play well despite who is at WR" when referring to Sanchez to a guy who issues not one but two "no excuses" proclamations for Sam at the beginning on different seasons as a NY Jets only to foist tons of excuses at the end of each (and continuing to this day) to explain Sam's terribleness. To them, Sam's successes (limited and such as they are) are his and his alone while his failures are borne by all.

And now here we have Nico, who has learned nothing from his Sam experience and has dived directly into full throated excuse-making for Zach, to the point that he feels the need to tear down the QB who has had the best actual, real, performance for the Jets in the last twenty years

It's an absolute disease, this cult of "flashes" or "potential." Yeah, well every lotto ticket is a potential winner but you don't tell your boss to kiss your ass and go buy a lambo until the numbers hit.

90's style is making a comeback (so I'm told).

Seems fitting for the Darnold fans, who break out this No Fear t-shirt from 1994, that they 100% own IRL:

image.thumb.png.44c244b73fcc1634d32856805a1cb269.png

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Otherwise, no quarter, no mercy. Darnoids must be stamped out like the Genoids and Sanchezeezs before that. Nobody eased up on me when I was preaching heresy to the Church of Samwell the last couple years and I nearly got banned for being so virulently anti-Geno. I never begged to invoke a mercy rule because I knew I was right.

Your schtick is to be negative towards the Jets QB, a gutless but generally good position to take if you care about being right.

Darnold failed, whether that is because he always sucked or because he was poorly developed is impossible to know. That simply depends on your stance on player development. He certainly appears to be injury prone. 

I don’t hate Mike White. I just find it hilarious, and incredibly hypocritical, that the anti Darnold brigade also are Mike White lovers. Mike White is Darnold for the first 4 games of this season. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Your schtick is to be negative towards the Jets QB, a gutless but generally good position to take if you care about being right.

Darnold failed, whether that is because he always sucked or because he was poorly developed is impossible to know. That simply depends on your stance on player development. He certainly appears to be injury prone. 

I don’t hate Mike White. I just find it hilarious, and incredibly hypocritical, that the anti Darnold brigade also are Mike White lovers. Mike White is Darnold for the first 4 games of this season. 

No, my "schtick" is to be negative toward QBs that suck. I believed Macc stumbled into the best QB in the draft when the Giants passed on Darnold. But then, the games happened. And even though my hate for Geno burns hotter than 1,000 suns and I believed him to be an immature manchild after his antics on draft night, even with the benefit of hindsight I have opined that drafting him in the 2nd round was not a mistake but rather carried an acceptable risk-reward ratio. I also don't think drafting Darnold was a mistake. We needed a QB and took a shot on the highest consensus one in the draft. Much worse are shots not taken.

I am neither negative nor positive on Zach (hope and skepticism are feelings, not predictions). Sure, he wasn't my choice in the draft but now that he is here I am waiting to form an opinion until there is relevant evidence upon which to base it.

Mike White didn't play the first 4 games of the season thus I do not understand the comparison. Nor do I see any hypocrisy in rewarding good performance with optimism and bad performance with pessimism. It's a much more troubling position to form a conclusion based on draft position while ignoring what actually happens on the field and then refusing to change said conclusion even as contrary evidence mounts around you.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Well this thread is no longer about Sam Darnold. Lol

It never really was.  It was about Nico being a tool and continuing to double down on his tool-ness.  And he transferred his raving, frothing-at-the-mouth defense of Darnold to Zach Wilson, under new usernames.

Oh joy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1