4th and 1

LockeJET

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Our offense blows. I have little confidence we would have converted there. The opposing teams 3rd string qb was rattled and we were down 2 points.

FG was a no brainer in that spot imo.

No way!  Soon as they kicked a field goal we knew that Denver was gonna be in position to kick one. Rypien was rattled he wasn't driving for a TD.  In fact we stopped them and most likely they wouldn't have kicked a field goal.  they would had to have gone for it on 4th and 13 as they would have been down 5.  Our defense might be worse than our offense and we're 0-3. Have to be aggressive!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

No way!  Soon as they kicked a field goal we knew that Denver was gonna be in position to kick one. Rypien was rattled he wasn't driving for a TD.  In fact we stopped them and most likely they wouldn't have kicked a field goal.  they would had to have gone for it on 4th and 13 as they would have been down 5.  Our defense might be worse than our offense and we're 0-3. Have to be aggressive!

We were losing with the game winding down and took the lead. It was the right call.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to 100% honest - I don't think our offense was scoring a TD in the red zone tonight. 

Friends - Think about every offensive touchdown we have scored this season

1) Crowder breaks a tackle and runs for a long TD vs Bills

2) Darnold's freaky athletic throw to Berrios after extending the play and rolling to his left vs. 49ers

3) Darnold's freaky athletic throw to Berrios after extending the play and rolling to his right vs. Colts

4) Darnold breaks a tackle in the pocket, jukes people, and runs for a long TD vs Broncos

Think about that. That's every offensive TD we have scored, right? There hasn't been a single offensive play that Gase drew up that just resulted in a wide open TD. In 4 f*cking games. This offense just can't score. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm going to 100% honest - I don't think our offense was scoring a TD in the red zone tonight. 

2) Darnold's freaky athletic throw to Berrios after extending the play and rolling to his left vs. 49ers

3) Darnold's freaky athletic throw to Berrios after extending the play and rolling to his right

4) Darnold breaks a tackle in the pocket, jukes people, and runs for a long TD vs Broncos

Think about that. That's every offensive TD we have scored, right? There hasn't been a single offensive play that Gase drew up that just resulted in a wide open TD. In 4 f*cking games. This offense just can't score. 

Exactly.  All that evidence that you state means Adam Gase must be fired...TONIGHT.

Offensive driven league and ZERO TDs schemed over 4 straight games...4 GAMES!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

3) Darnold's freaky athletic throw to Berrios after extending the play and rolling to his right

Amazing post.  Holy hell the guy is inept

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sounds like support for Sam. I'm down. 

24 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Our defense hasn't stopped anyone all year. we cant play that type of game. we absolutely should have went for it on 4th and one. Needed to force Denver to have to score A TD. 

What makes you think Denver Donkeys wouldn’t have scored the TD?

24 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Our defense hasn't stopped anyone all year. we cant play that type of game. we absolutely should have went for it on 4th and one. Needed to force Denver to have to score A TD. 

Yeah Gase is officially the biggest bitch that ever coached this team, and that is a ridiculously long list of bitches.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I still think you have to go for it on 4th and half a yard. If you don’t score a td so be it but it’s gutless not to try. Playing not to lose always loses in the NFL. 

This loss isn’t on Gase, he’s playing with a JV roster.   The FG was the right call, Rypien was rattled and the game was over if Q doesn’t grab the Facemask on that sack.  

Gase may not be the answer but the twenty is abysmal.   I actually think the team would be decent with Moseley and all of the draft picks, unfortunately none of them are on the field. 

14 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I still think you have to go for it on 4th and half a yard. If you don’t score a td so be it but it’s gutless not to try. Playing not to lose always loses in the NFL. 

Listen, I would have went for it. No argument there. 

But, I'm just saying that we have a far more fundamental problem

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We were losing with the game winding down and took the lead. It was the right call.

Nope, it wasn't.

You're a 0-3 football team with nothing to lose but face.  Going for it would at least instill some "espirit de corps" in the troops and if you dont get it you still have plenty of time.

Not going for it says you have no confidence in your team.

It's a loser's call

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

You guys are bugging. You kick the go ahead  FG to take the lead. Rypien was erratic. Not only that but if Q didn't get the face mask penalty, then the excution of the FG and defense of stop would have gotten us win number one.

Tbh, you're not wrong.