Does the Rex Ryan regime still look so bad?

NYJ1

After 4 years of ?and one full season plus of Adam Gase, are you still so down on Rex Ryan? I'm not. Rex Ryan would definitely have had this team playing better over the last 5+ seasons. The one constant would be DEFENSE. Rex's defense was never any worse than what? 10th? In toilets regime the defense steadily fell in ranking into the 20's. Currently, under Greg Williams, this defense is giving up 30+ points per game to guys that have never started an NFL game. Put Rex back here and give him a GM that knows how to select talent? That sounds to me to be INFINITELY better than any of the last almost 6 seasons.....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You got two years of Idzik because no credible GM wanted to be saddled with Rex Ryan.

I dont remember it being like that at all but it could of been. But I remember they wanted a guy that specialized in the cap cause tanny went crazy.

43 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Truthfully i kinda miss tanny . Yeah he couldnt manage the cap for sh*t. But atleast he went after players worth talking about . 

tanny did for Mark Sanchez what Macc couldnt do for Darnold.

Tanny tried to win.  

I'm not sure we've had a season where the team made an actual, real effort to compete since Tanny left.  

Maybe Mac's second year when Fitz held out, but can't really think of another when we weren't rebuilding or a "competitive rebuild"

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was absolutely like that. Rex ended the careers of three different GMs within a three year span, which is mostly why he can’t get a sniff of an interview since

Idzik tanked the roster 2 years in row trying to get rex out and got them both fired lol

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Does the Rex Ryan regime still look so bad?

Is this a ******* joke? Yes, it it still looks so bad. Rex won with a team he didn't assemble his first two years. As time went by the stamp of Rex dragged down what had been built up. No discipline, no player development. Only to be followed up by another regime where there was no player development and little discipline. It's a big part of why the roster is bare today. Yeah, it still looks atrocious.

Take Out Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

Well this isn't exactly embracing the suck sir

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

After 4 years of ?and one full season plus of Adam Gase, are you still so down on Rex Ryan? I'm not. Rex Ryan would definitely have had this team playing better over the last 5+ seasons. The one constant would be DEFENSE. Rex's defense was never any worse than what? 10th? In toilets regime the defense steadily fell in ranking into the 20's. Currently, under Greg Williams, this defense is giving up 30+ points per game to guys that have never started an NFL game. Put Rex back here and give him a GM that knows how to select talent? That sounds to me to be INFINITELY better than any of the last almost 6 seasons.....

Raise the bar, why look back to Rex?

35 minutes ago, CTM said:

Rex did a fantastic job in 09/10. Twits like T0m who credit Mangini primarily only do so because arrogant loud mouth guys like Rex trigger them. 

Also true though that Rex ruined the franchise because he was an undisciplined slob. The marriage of manignis discipline and rex's bravado was a good one. In theory a strong, disciplined grown up at GM to keep Rex in line couldve worked out but Idzik was meek and seemingly passive aggressive. Plus 0 eye for talent. It was doomed from the start 

If only Rex got his wish, we'd have Russell Wilson

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

Also..

Compiler, cursed the franchise, greedy & lazy, over rated twatter

^^^^exactly

Rex Ryan looks good but with this roster he would be on the hot seat too.

Gase is like any other coach with a crap roster except Belichick. What's Belichick's edge? Discipline ? Attention to minutia?

Joe Douglas has had enough time and enough salary cap to get a mid level cornerback and a guard. He had enough cap to resign our "nut her in the eye" wide receiver.

Greg Williams has the same fatal flaw as Rex Ryan. Both believe they can scheme up with a bunch of no-names. Williams and Ryan are exceptional inspirational leaders,  lacking the ability to install rigid team disciple needed to cut down on penalties and achieve consistent winning.

Gase is unable to inspire, to lead. Adam Gase believes in smelling salts.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Theres truth to all of that, maybe not the curse thing but I dont know how else to explain this franchise than Namath making a deal with the devil.

Martin's greatest asset was his durability and consistency, he wasnt really a dynamic player

Revis had 2 of the best seasons at CB ive ever seen and is one of the few times I'd say CB was the primary reason for a team making back to back championship games. But.. his play fell off very quickly and laziness or contentment with his financial position is probably part of that reason.

Adam's is a good player but also a wildly over rated unlikable self promotional jack ass. Paying him 20m would hamstring the org and the trade was the right move 

Cool, now do Klecko and Gastineau, lol

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cool, now do Klecko and Gastineau, lol

Eff gastineau.

I got nothing on Klecko other than his name sake being co-opt by an internet wanna be pol pot

FWIW, Adam's is the only one of that list that I actually dont like. Martin and Revis are 2 of the best players we've had that I've seen play 

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I blame Bill Parcells for this mess

100% truth 

Parcells chased Belichick out of town and caused us to miss out on Peyton Manning.

If not for his fat ego the first decade of the millenia couldve been the Jets with Manning at QB and Belichick as HC

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1