0-7

Jetster

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good game today:

Players played hard, haven't quit on their coaches.

Played well enough for a half to be respectable and show signs of hope.

Lost and stayed in position for the #1 pick.

Good day to be a Jets fan.

SAR I

Agreed , Good close game that the Jets certainly could have won. Jets were very competitive today, good to see that. As they say ... you have to be in it to win it and the Jets were. Wife ( Bills fan) was biting her nails till the end. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Can we fire Gase now? I want to see someone lose their job today. Its just ridiculous to let these coaches skate through without consequence. And don't give me the tanking crap. Fire Gase that is all.

Today solidified Gase as our head coach for the rest of the year.

The team has not quit.  They played harder to day than at any point in the season so far.  Gase showed unselfish leadership in giving playcalling duties to Loggains.

If you want blood, go find Mike Maccagnan.  Today's loss was on him.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The team has not quit.  They played harder to day than at any point in the season so far.  Gase showed unselfish leadership in giving playcalling duties to Loggains.

SAR I

No no...it showed how fired up they were that Adam Gump would not call the shots on offense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Can we fire Gase now? I want to see someone lose their job today. Its just ridiculous to let these coaches skate through without consequence. And don't give me the tanking crap. Fire Gase that is all.

Eh, at this point, let’s just make sure we get Lawrence 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TNJet said:

You think letting Gase collect his paycheck from home instead of suffering through an 0-16 debacle is a punishment?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good game today:

Players played hard, haven't quit on their coaches.

Played well enough for a half to be respectable and show signs of hope.

Lost and stayed in position for the #1 pick.

Good day to be a Jets fan.

SAR I

Gase did an excellent job not making any adjustments at halftime and allowing Buffalo to control second half. Well done. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Eh, at this point, let’s just make sure we get Lawrence 

Sam Darnold was viewed the same way as a can't miss QB in 2018. Is this really what we need to do? I'm not so sure with the worst coach in the league, the worst oline coach in the league, a sketchy oline roster in front of Sam. Lawrence would suck this year too. Not a doubt in my mind.

• Post of the Week 2

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You think letting Gase collect his paycheck from home instead of suffering through an 0-16 debacle is a punishment?

No its just the fact I'd rather look at my last stool sample than see Gase another minute on the sideline on Sundays. Thats a case for unemployment right there.

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sam Darnold was viewed the same way as a can't miss QB in 2018. Is this really what we need to do? I'm not so sure with the worst coach in the league, the worst oline coach in the league, a sketchy oline roster in front of Sam. Lawrence would suck this year too. Not a doubt in my mind.

1) The coach won’t be here next year - he’s irrelevant - this extends to his entire staff, including the Oline coach. 

2) A lot of the sacks today were on Darnold. The Bills were blitzing all day and getting free rushers at Darnold. Good QBs identify this stuff at the snap and make defenses pay. Darnold was basically unaware of like half of them. He just doesn’t have the awareness of the pass rush that all good QBs have. We can certainly blame the coaching for some of that, but Darnold also takes a big hit. He’s just not a good QB right now and it remains to be seen whether he can develop into one. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Too many 1 loss teams out there, the Jets cannot afford to win.

Dallas starting to look like serious players in the Lawrence sweepstakes.

Saves them ever having to pay Dak, especially with his status uncertain for next year as it stands.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He may have even earned an extension 

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He may have even earned an extension 

If Adam Gase can get the team to play hard for 16 weeks, lose all 16 games, get the No. 1 pick, convince Lawrence to play here, hire a good OC, hire a new DC, and effectively recruit free agent talent in March, yes, an extension in April would be called for.

See, you people think he's being judged on W's and L's and Darnold's development.  He's not.  He's being judged on how he manages an epic rebuild of a dysfunctional culture and weak roster decimated by injuries.  He is doing a masterful job.  Today is perfect evidence of that.  You will see real improvement starting next year.  This is the hard part.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Dallas starting to look like serious players in the Lawrence sweepstakes.

Saves them ever having to pay Dak, especially with his status uncertain for next year as it stands.

The Cowboys have two wins, the Jets aren’t winning two games, the problem is if Jets and another team has one loss each and the other team gets that #1 (like Bengals) and then they trade #1 to Dallas for a ransom. Guess that could happen