Tankathon Contenders

We are the worst but the teams we are in contention with are:

Falcons (1-6): They've played competitive several times.  I think they'll finish with more wins than us

Vikings (1-5): Similar to the Falcons but it's possible they'll change their mindset into tank mode.  Let's keep on eye on them

Giants (1-6): They've played competitive too plus they're in a very crappy division

Dallas (2-5): They are in serious trouble.  They're on their 3rd string HC and they started rebelling against their HC 6 games into the season.  They play in a crappy division but they just got blown out by Washington.  This is a legit contender for #1 overall.

Washington (2-5): They stink but they at least show signs of life.  I'm not as worried about them after their win today against Dallas

LA Chargers (1-4): They seem like a pretty good team (Herbert looks really good) but I think their defense stinks.  I think they'll get a couple of wins

Texans (1-6): With Deshaun Watson as their QB I have to believe they'll win some games

Bengals (1-5-1): Burrow has been playing very well so far.  They'll probably win a couple of games.

EDIT:

Jax (1-5) :  They play tough and Minshew seems pretty good but they're a legit threat to us.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Falcons (1-6): They've played competitive several times.  I think they'll finish with more wins than us

Vikings (1-5): Similar to the Falcons but it's possible they'll change their mindset into tank mode.  Let's keep on eye on them

Giants (1-6): They've played competitive too plus they're in a very crappy divsion

Dallas (2-5): They are in serious trouble.  They're on their 3rd string HC and they started rebelling against their HC 6 games into the season.  They play in a crappy division but they just got blown out by Washington.  This is a legit contender for #1 overall.

Washington (2-5): They stink but they at least show signs of life.  I'm not as worried about them after their win today against Dallas

LA Chargers (1-4): They seem like a pretty good team (Herbert looks really good) but I think their defense stinks.  I think they'll get a couple of wins

Texans (1-6): With Deshaun Watson as their QB I have to believe they'll win some games

Bengals (1-5-1): Burrow has been playing very well so far.  They'll probably win a couple of games.

You left out the Jaguars 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Giants (1-6): They've played competitive too plus they're in a very crappy divsion

Everyone of those teams have a LOT more talent than the Jets. That was true even before the Jets started their fire sale. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Falcons are trying to win, but are getting bad luck...which you usually need on top of sucking to get the top pick.  They are starting to make me nervous.

Falcons seem to consistently mismanage clear wins into losses. Just kneel twice and kick a 33 yard FG and win. Even getting close to a TD was ludicrous.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think that as long as the current 1 win teams have 2 wins before we come off the bye in week 11, we’ll be good.

There’s no way we could possibly miss on the #1 pick when everybody has a 2 win head start, right?

I don’t believe that because of the Jets’ tiebreaker (SOS) disadvantage.  A 2 win difference is really just a 1 win advantage.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Whoops - they are absolutely in the conversation.  I'm rooting for them over the Chargers right now.  The Jags seem kind of plucky.

The Jags are bad. We absolutely want them to win this game, because San Diego will whoop us regardless. 

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

hahaha dude..i'm usually a huge wise ass, but i was being totally serious on this one lol. I assimed he was from S Carolina because of Clemson...

He narrowed it down to Georgia and Clemson. Chose Clemson, seems he knows how and likes to choose a winner.... Danger danger!

I think he and his fiancee would prefer to be in the South and baring that, a small market team.

• Upvote 1

The biggest threat to the Jets for the top pick is the Patriots. We play them twice and their QB situation may actually be worse than ours. We stand a good chance of winning at least one of those games. Plus I wouldn’t put it past dirt bag BB to sabotage the Jets draft position. Even worse, they could be a dark horse for the top pick at this point. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

The biggest threat to the Jets for the top pick is the Patriots. We play them twice and their QB situation may actually be worse than ours. We stand a good chance of winning at least one of those games. Plus I wouldn’t put it past dirt bag BB to sabotage the Jets draft position. Even worse, they could be a dark horse for the top pick at this point. 

The Pats will still beat us twice, Jax is the biggest threat 

• Upvote 1