Ohio St QB Justin Fields.

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

The same Brugler that had Darnold 1 and Rosen 2 in his QB rankings in 2018: https://www.profootballhof.com/brugler-big-board-30/

This is why I laugh when pro draft analysts act like they know something others don’t. Have conviction, believe what you believe but when you’re wrong just admit it. When Orlovsky and others double down on the Darnold thing, it hurts credibility. 

• Upvote 3

So forget a trade, what about as a free agent signing? 

Obviously it comes down to price and length of contract... and I don't know what his market value would be at this point.

I have no interest in trading for him, but as a free agent I think that changes things for me. I would be much more open to it.

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

So forget a trade, what about as a free agent signing? 

Obviously it comes down to price and length of contract... and I don't know what his market value would be at this point.

I have no interest in trading for him, but as a free agent I think that changes things for me. I would be much more open to it.

If you can get similar or better QB out of a rookie the its a no brainer. 

Mediocre QB's in the NFL are a thing of the past. 

Everyone wants a franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Personally the only QB I would have wanted to start over with is TL.  I have nothing against Fields or Wilson but I feel both question marks.  Plus I’m also a big proponent in trading down 

I agree but has anything you've seen at of Sam Darnold the last 3 years makes you want to continue with him as the QB here. 

Great kid class act on and off the field I wanted him to be the franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree but has anything you've seen at of Sam Darnold the last 3 years makes you want to continue with him as the QB here. 

Great kid class act on and off the field I wanted him to be the franchise QB. 

I liked what I saw in his rookie year.  Hiring Gase was the worst thing that happened and even a pompous guy like Gase has admitted he screwed Sam up.  Sam has also had no protection or weapons.  Look I’m not excluding him from blame but yeah I still have faith in him if you give the kid some  actual help 

Just now, Jets723 said:

I liked what I saw in his rookie year.  Hiring Gase was the quest thing that happened and even a pompous guy like Gase has admitted he screwed Dam up.  Sam has also had no protection or weapons.  Look I’m not excluding him from blame but yeah I still have faith in him if you give the kid some  actual help 

Adam Gase didn't make him throw all the interceptions he did or hold onto the ball too long and take sacks and dumb decisions. 

Either you are an NFL QB or you aren't. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase didn't make him throw all the interceptions he did or hold onto the ball too long and take sacks and dumb decisions. 

Either you are an NFL QB or you aren't. 

Like I said I’m not excluding him from blame.  I’ve said many times he had a rough year and lost confidence.  But anyway agree to disagree I guess 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

3 years of failure we did see. 

Im hoping like hell like the next guy that Sam Darnold can turn it around and be a franchise QB. 

Right now we both have our own opinions nothing has been proven either way.  Anyway no need to go back and forth.  Take Care dude!

Justin is more of a NFL type QB.

Justin is perhaps, the 5th best college QB. Keyword, college....

I touched on this during the National Title game; Jones was throwing it to open guys, while Justin had to make NFL throws......Well, that is part of Day's offense. The QB must have elite arm talent.

It does not really look pretty at the college level.....But that is why the less glamorous college QBs, turn out to be the best pros, and scouts are like "Nobody seen that coming, he came out of nowhere." Well, he did not come out of nowhere, which is why you must watch the actual film, not the glamour.

Pat and Wilson were making NFL throws in college; they just were not glamorous with gaudy numbers. It is human nature, to be wowed by a TD, instead of a 10 yard pass in a tight window, as the QB looked off his defenders.

That is why I am a Justin and Trey guy. I feel Trevor will be solid, but hiring Urban worries me a bit.........It is not that OSU QBs were bad, it was Urban does not develope good QBs.....

• Haha 1

So we are going to run Shanahan offense which is run heavy, relies on play action, motion, and easier reads. 

And this does not help and fit a rookie qb, who can rely more on his athletic ability which is elite, by giving him a run heavy offense and smaller field to read, and still pick up first downs with his speed and running ability which is elite.

Athleticism to extend plays, apply stress on defenses, and has an advantage in 2 and 4 minute offenses. 

And resets the cap number to give us more flexibility while the many draft picks we have in the next two drafts time to develop. 

Like Jackson and Watson and Allen and other athletic qbs this board always wants to pass on. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, Jet Nut said:

You watch different games than the rest of us.  Clemson wasnt selling out.   Fields wasnt waiting for receivers to get open, he threw them open if they weren't open and when had to he squeezed the ball into tight spots.  Its college ball, stop sounding like it was your first 

Drafting Fields and trading Darnold would be very Jetsy move...Drafting a sure fire BUST.  

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im glad its so definite in your mind

The most Jetsy thing is the use of the word "Jetsy" 

JETSY

adjective

showing a lack of good sense; stupid or idiotic: You really couldn't invent a more pathetically incompetent, Jetsy, self-deluded jackass of an organization than this.
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JETSY

adjective

showing a lack of good sense; stupid or idiotic: You really couldn't invent a more pathetically incompetent, Jetsy, self-deluded jackass of an organization than this.

Could help if the link went to the synonyms for Jetsy dont you think? lol 

20 hours ago, GothamLurker said:

Justin is more of a NFL type QB.

Justin is perhaps, the 5th best college QB. Keyword, college....

I touched on this during the National Title game; Jones was throwing it to open guys, while Justin had to make NFL throws......Well, that is part of Day's offense. The QB must have elite arm talent.

It does not really look pretty at the college level.....But that is why the less glamorous college QBs, turn out to be the best pros, and scouts are like "Nobody seen that coming, he came out of nowhere." Well, he did not come out of nowhere, which is why you must watch the actual film, not the glamour.

Pat and Wilson were making NFL throws in college; they just were not glamorous with gaudy numbers. It is human nature, to be wowed by a TD, instead of a 10 yard pass in a tight window, as the QB looked off his defenders.

That is why I am a Justin and Trey guy. I feel Trevor will be solid, but hiring Urban worries me a bit.........It is not that OSU QBs were bad, it was Urban does not develope good QBs.....

The most "NFL style" QB in the draft is Wilson. By a lot. And not in the Rosen "played a NFL system type of way" Of the top QBs Fields is the worst fit for the offense we will run. Now maybe Saleh and LaFleur want to make their own RPO hybrid of the Shanahan system but I doubt it. I do not think Fields is in play at all for us. If we are not sold on Wilson we will trade down for someone that wants Wilson or Fields.

I also personally disagree with your entire premise. Justin is not a NFL style QB, he is a RPP style QB so if you want to run an offense like Baltimore he is a good fit.

It is important to note that as successful as LJ has been not many teams want to play that offense and Roman got ZERO head coaching interest. The problem with the Balt offense and what Fields will need (and what has happened with Kap and Newton and RGIII before him) is that if you shut down LJ you win. And because of the toll that type of offensive style takes on the QB that gets easier and easier each year,