Disgraceful Loss. Jets Just Embarrassed the NFL

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we had UDFA rookie Lamar Jackson covering Ruggs, who is one of the fastest players in the league.

Ruggs has been fairly bad this year and dropped a pass earlier in the game that the Jets intercepted. With Taylor open the play before Taylor likely got more attention. And, don’t forget that Waller torched us all day and Renfrow is fast. You can’t put your best defender on 4 different guys....and who would our best guy be anyway, Hall, Maye, Maulet? There were lots of guys to cover and that wasn’t a Hail Mary. 

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is Gregg Williams we are talking about. He will spill the beans eventually. Might be on a 30 for 30 on the Tank after Lawrence wins a Super Bowl with the Jets.  :)

if its true then yeah maybe. i just think the more likely scenario is that williams is just completely arrogant and wanted to end the game with a monster sack instead of playing prevent defense

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why? Aren't you a Jets fan? I'm so tired of reading nonsense like this. 

I really hate the phony outrage over the whole "tanking" thing. 

Honestly, I'm starting to hate all of you, as well

Not a jet fan...And this sh*t is disgusting because its really blatant and embarrassing..

The franchise screwed up the 3rd pick now wanna another chance to fix their shortcomings..AGAIN!

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

Disgraceful loss...

Or the potentially the best loss and most memorable loss in Franchise history?

(the fake spike now becomes #2; a player who embarrassed us - after passing on him in the first round (to make it worse). 

This rookie Ruggs just potentially landed us Trevor Lawrence and the #1 overall pick AND FOR A PLAYER WHO OUR JETS...WON'T PASS UP ON. 

You don't quite see the difference and magnitude of "the most disgraceful loss in Franchise history"?

One was a reminder of a nightmare (Marino's fake spike) and the other was a potential dream come true (Trevor Lawrence the greatest prospect since Elway/Manning; becomes a Jet). 

PS: I'd much rather Trevor Lawrence go onto embarrass the NFL; rather than the NFL continuing to embarrass our lowly NY Jets behind a loyal a Fan Base who's been without an NFL Franchise QB since Joe Namath. 

trevor-lawrence-clemson-tigers.thumb.jpg.2e52306e6447bda2b4b352572920f993.jpg

26 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Not a jet fan...And this sh*t is disgusting because its really blatant and embarrassing..

The franchise screwed up the 3rd pick now wanna another chance to fix their shortcomings..AGAIN!

Bah ha ha ha! Pats fans are hating seeing the Jets in the TL sweepstakes with all our assets.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The tank runs deep. This is systematic tanking. That coverage at the end?

LOL. I am not complaining. But the tank is the only thing they seem to be focusing on.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If the tank runs real deep there could be a behind the scenes deal. Just saying.

I wonder if this would be a criminal matter if so.  I don't think it'll get to that point, though, because of the plausible deniability.  But I think NFL people understand what happened there.  It will be interesting to see what gets said of this.  It's certainly not a good look for the NFL.

Stop everyone. 

They didn't purposely lose this game by giving up a 40 yard pass on the last play of the game - after being down big in the 4th quarter and rallying to take the lead.

Anyone that thinks that truly wasn't watching the game.

This is a very bad football that is very poorly coached!  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

So do you suggest they don't take another qb because Darnold didn't work out? I'm confused..

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rodney Harrison just said it on the NBC pre-game that it looked like we were trying to lose to get the #1 pick.

The idea that analysts are saying this (Boomer and Harrison and probably more to come) is very telling how obvious it was. 

FWIW, I agree with you, and I'm fine with the Jets tanking. If the league does not look into this, then cool; it's all good. The DC calls on the last two plays, esp. that last one, are very suspicious, though. 

To "throw" a game or a series, you don't have to do so from the very start, nor do you even needs lots of people in on it.  The 1919 Black Sox actually got some hits, scored runs and even won some games in the World Series, yet there's no doubt that a few of them took money to throw the series, and they did lose it.

I really think the Jets should fire Williams right away, no matter what.  If he's innocent, then his incompetence is mind boggling.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Single-covering Ruggs?

Why not?  He did it with every receiver this season. Don't you remember Jackson being on Hopkins one on one?   Looking at things in a microcosm is dangerous. I doubt Gregg Williams is in on anything. He's going to be fired. Why does he care about tanking?  He'd prefer to look smart and effective over stupid. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If it's (somehow) proven that we self-sabotaged I absolutely think it could be considered a criminal matter.  

But look at the scenario, dude. The Jets player hard all day, were down by two scores, and then rallied back to take the lead. The “self sabotage” theory as you put it, makes absolutely no sense.

Just now, slimjasi said:

But look at the scenario, dude. The Jets player hard all day, were down by two scores, and then rallied back to take the lead. The “self sabotage” theory as you put it, makes absolutely no sense.

I agree but I do think we self-sabotaged on that last play.  I don't think they'll be able to prove anything (unless someone talks) but I do think there will be fallout from this.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree but I do think we self-sabotaged on that last play.  I don't think they'll be able to prove anything (unless someone talks) but I do think there will be fallout from this.

If you believe we intentionally gave up the TD, then what do we "agree" on? 

I explicitly wrote that the belief the Jets tanked the last play makes no sense in the context of the game as a whole. You clearly don't agree with this. LOL. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you believe we intentionally gave up the TD, then what do we "agree" on? 

I explicitly wrote that the belief the Jets tanked the last play makes no sense in the context of the game as a whole. You clearly don't agree with this. LOL. 

We agree that the Jets played hard all day with the exception of the self-sabotage on the Ruggs play.

2 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

The most disgusting part is how they covered it up so well by scoring 17 straight points and how they recruited poor Henry Ruggs to make it look good by fumbling at midfield. Then getting the rest of the Raiders to let them score so they can pull off the Coup de Grace at the end! What a flourish! What a STORY! Brilliant!!!!