Is it possible? Can Gase actually return for 2021?

jgb

Is it possible? Can Gase actually return?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Odds Gase returns for 2021

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I could just hear the head slaps around the NFL as every GM, coach, owner, et al, will be wondering what the hell does this schmuck have on the Johnsons.  Also...

• Every, and I mean EVERY, football writer/journalist and ex player will lose their sh*t and utterly destroy the entire organization.  And rightly so.
  • Trevor Lawrence would likely stay in school or pull and “Eli” and get the hell away from this team.  Think about it.  I would give up the $7mm in 2021 to not be locked in to the Jets for the next five years.  Eventually he’s going to make >$100mm.
  • Juju, Allen Robinson and any other WR would not sign with them.  Same with any other offensive player.
  • Joe Douglas would say to his wife “Look honey, I’m going to be very grouchy over the next 4+ years but we’re going to make a lot of money so let’s just grin and bear it”.

And yet in the mind of the Johnson brothers, it seems possible.  It’s mind boggling.

What are you basing this annoying unsupported hypothetical on? 

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I could just hear the head slaps around the NFL as every GM, coach, owner, et al, will be wondering what the hell does this schmuck have on the Johnsons.  Also...

• Every, and I mean EVERY, football writer/journalist and ex player will lose their sh*t and utterly destroy the entire organization.  And rightly so.
  • Trevor Lawrence would likely stay in school or pull and “Eli” and get the hell away from this team.  Think about it.  I would give up the $7mm in 2021 to not be locked in to the Jets for the next five years.  Eventually he’s going to make >$100mm.
  • Juju, Allen Robinson and any other WR would not sign with them.  Same with any other offensive player.
  • Joe Douglas would say to his wife “Look honey, I’m going to be very grouchy over the next 4+ years but we’re going to make a lot of money so let’s just grin and bear it”.

And yet in the mind of the Johnson brothers, it seems possible.  It’s mind boggling.

What are you basing this annoying unsupported hypothetical on? 

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

That will be the only way the Johnson's will get the message. I know it doesn't matter money wise because they already collect from PSL's and TV, but if nobody shows up and cancel's all their season tickets and PSL's that might just do it.

Jets fans haven’t been showing up for years but when you are arguably the number 1 international city in the world the disaster stadium will always at least be somewhat filled even if it’s a majority of opposing fans. Same things with the Knicks. Only way for Johnson’s to get hurt financially is if people stop watching, which they won’t. The situation at MetLife has been an embarrassment since 2016. Johnson’s do not care.

Why is the idea of this even being entertained?

If by some silly ass, drop in the bucket chance that it does happen...then just quit following.

That’s sure as hell what I’ll do.

Why wouldn’t you? Unless you’re a sadomasochist who enjoys having pin needles slowly shoved into your ballsack.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think gase keeps his job but fans gotta admit the team looked like it belonged in the nfl.  The raiders were playing hard too and are trying to get to the playoffs.  It’s not like their record is so good that this was a trap game.  They needed the win.  For 59 min and 50 sec the jets looked like they could play with them.  And the main thing is the offense was mostly intact.  Except for Lewis and gore being out the offense had the starting line up in place and the receivers all made very good catches and darnold was getting the ball downfield.

it’s not a complete vindication for gase but it does show thing are looking a lot better.

image.gif.b80e44a9a33303a7424c753bad47dda0.gif

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If I told you January 2012 Woody was going to trade for Tim Tebow you wouldn’t believe me

What does one thing have to do with the other?  The Jets clearly missed Brad Smith in 2011, they wanted to replicate his role with Tebow. It didn't work but that team was bad either way.

Woody made a mistake and then made more firing Tannenbaum and hiring Idzik but overall Woody did a really nice job leading this franchise.

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Johnsons think Gase is God’s gift to football 

Enjoy watching him screw up Justin Fields

Stop with the "Johnsons" stuff. This is Chris Johnson.  There's no way Bowles gets 4 years of Woody was around and there's no way Gase gets year 3 if Woody is coming back.

21 hours ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think gase keeps his job but fans gotta admit the team looked like it belonged in the nfl.  The raiders were playing hard too and are trying to get to the playoffs.  It’s not like their record is so good that this was a trap game.  They needed the win.  For 59 min and 50 sec the jets looked like they could play with them.  And the main thing is the offense was mostly intact.  Except for Lewis and gore being out the offense had the starting line up in place and the receivers all made very good catches and darnold was getting the ball downfield.

it’s not a complete vindication for gase but it does show thing are looking a lot better.

So you’re saying Gase flashed? Maybe he’s a secret franchise HC in hiding held back by our wepeinz 

8 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Been watching this team since the 80s and Gase makes Kotite likeable. Don’t get me wrong- I’d still be on this forum wasting my work day away but my Sunday afternoons would be freed up.

I won’t watch a single minute of Jets football if Gase is HC. The three times a year they make it onto the red zone channel I’ll take a leak or get another beer.

• Haha 1

He won’t be. If we’re drafting Lawrence, which I believe we are, committing to Gase would mean at least 2 more seasons. Given how vilified he is there is no way he could get a pass to have another sub .500 season which presents way too much risk to have Lawrence in a situation where he’d have to learn 2 offenses in 2 years, which has shown time and time again to be a recipe for disaster for a young QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 12/7/2020 at 3:56 PM, BettyBoop said:

Photos of one or both of them f*cking a chicken? 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Stop with the "Johnsons" stuff. This is Chris Johnson.  There's no way Bowles gets 4 years of Woody was around and there's no way Gase gets year 3 if Woody is coming back.

Yes because Woody has been soooo busy with that made up job in England Trump gave him.  Also, phones and the internet don’t exist

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

He won’t be. If we’re drafting Lawrence, which I believe we are, committing to Gase would mean at least 2 more seasons. Given how vilified he is there is no way he could get a pass to have another sub .500 season which presents way too much risk to have Lawrence in a situation where he’d have to learn 2 offenses in 2 years, which has shown time and time again to be a recipe for disaster for a young QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If Gase is still here after Black Monday Lawrence is staying in college

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If media pressure pushed Woody to fire Rex - who he loved and still loves — it can push him to fire Gase

The fans must revolt as they did with Idzik and Macc. Don’t think they had much impact on the Johnsons regarding Rex since it wasn’t as abrasive.  But they must get the billboards up and the banners ready if he’s not fired by Black Monday.  Even start rumors saying if Gase is still retained, Trevor refuses to come to the Jets.  That would really really put a wooden stake through those vampires hearts. 

11 hours ago, jgb said:

So you’re saying Gase flashed? Maybe he’s a secret franchise HC in hiding held back by our wepeinz 

What I am saying is we saw them play the game as a team and nearly win.  Much as people have a huge desire to launch gase, he also has to be given credit when it’s due.  And much as we all say Williams made the wrong coverage call, maybe adams , if he were still here, makes that play and the jets win.  The point being that add a dew more really good players and this team will be competitive with or without gase.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

What I am saying is we saw them play the game as a team and nearly win.  Much as people have a huge desire to launch gase, he also has to be given credit when it’s due.  And much as we all say Williams made the wrong coverage call, maybe adams , if he were still here, makes that play and the jets win.  The point being that add a dew more really good players and this team will be competitive with or without gase.

I give no credit for Gase arguably resembling a competent HQ a couple times a season.