Carton and Roberts: THE Worst Show in WFAN History

13 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The Jags were cool for like 2 years in the 1990s when they were winning with Brunell right after expansion.  Maybe he got hooked in that window.

IIRC, both Jax and Carolina made the conference championship games in their 2nd year of existence.

Sure, if they a) are below middle class, B) are over the age of 50, and c) don't have a streaming subscription.
I have 4 kids under the age of 23, they don't even know what terrestrial radio is.  I gave them Sirius XM in their car, they never listen to it.  They connect their iPhone's to CarPlay, ask Siri to play Apple Music, and that's that.  Same for the HomePod's in their rooms.  When they want hot sports takes, they go straight to Twitter and Instagram.
SAR I

Are all 4 of those children really yours? Are you certain? I mean, you’re wife could have slept around being that you’re such a pathetic excuse for a man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, i sat at shea said:

Are all 4 of those children really yours? Are you certain? I mean, you’re wife could have slept around being that you’re such a pathetic excuse for a man.

That’s not what we do here. Put him on ignore if guy can’t stick to attacking the point not the poster . Next time I’m banning you. 

• Upvote 1

That’s not what we do here. Put him on ignore if guy can’t stick to attacking the point not the poster . Next time I’m banning you. 

Actually, the guy’s a jerk who constantly belittles others, most blatantly about their socioeconomic status, and is permitted to do so by the moderators. Shame on you guys for allowing this to go on for so long.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Big Snell said:

I'm very new to XM/ SIrius. Just bought my first new car at the ripe old age of 56, and I'm loving the music. Don't want to sidetrack the thread ,but what are the real good sports stations to load in my presets? Their are so many choices for sports ,it's overwhelming. I'm not a fantasy or betting guy so I don't like those subjects.

You could try NFL radio and mad dog radio to start.  Espn radio is there too.

34 minutes ago, i sat at shea said:

Actually, the guy’s a jerk who constantly belittles others, most blatantly about their socioeconomic status, and is permitted to do so by the moderators. Shame on you guys for allowing this to go on for so long.

Shame on us? Not our fault your taking his Schlick  to heart and letting it upset you. He’s been doing a different version of the same thing for 15 years, personally I find him funny and when I think he’s over doing it I give him a verbal lashing. Honestly I don’t want to ban you  because I just ate dinner and I’m feeling kinda jolly. So chill and enjoy the rest of the posters, put him on ignore. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/16/2020 at 6:28 PM, HessStation said:

Unequivocally. And it bothers me bc I’m usually doing a lot of driving when they’re on and now have had to revert to full time podcasts. I use to break between the two pending my mood. Carton I find to be a deplorable human, worst than Fatso bc Fatso at least was once great and did build the whole thing. 

I’d rather listen to fatso talk about horse racing for 5 hours than listen to carton try to imitate 90’s Stern

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Tony Asp said:

This show is a morning shock-jock wake-up show for people who work the night shift. It's horrible. It's all about Carton and his ego and Roberts genuflecting at Carton's feet. These guys talk sports only about 20% of the time. Hate, hate, hate this show!

Stopped tuning in.

used to give it about 10 minutes a day. Then turn it off. Now I don’t turn it on. At all. 

waste of time.

download more podcasts 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Evan shoehorns the Mets and Nets into everything. 

The show before them with Malusis is worse though. 

I scream at the radio NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE GODDAMN NETS

Evan is the Nets number 1 fan out of 10K Net fans in the entire world. *progressive guy voice, "guess what, no one cares"

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, SAR I said:

Exactly right.  Sports talk radio is dead. 

Used to be we couldn't wait to hear the hot take the next morning from the newspapers and the radio hosts.  Today, we get that immediately, either from fans in forums like this one, postgame shows, or Twitter.  By the time the lunch host or the drivetime host gives us his take it's very old news.

Same for the callers and the back-and-forth debate they sometimes bring.  They've been replaced by the 'reply' button.

The format is dead.  They just don't know it yet.  

SAR I

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Carton doesn't work in the afternoons doing sports talk. He's a morning guy. Evan annoys me more with Carton. He was much more likable with Joe.

Yeah, i think this is my biggest issue with the show. You either like Carton or you don’t, very little middle ground. I happen to like him. My issue is with  Evan, he is trying so hard to be whats he isn’t . He spends the entire show trying to tell Carton where he is wrong. Listen to it, so painful. Carton needs a frat boy, athlete type of partner to play off of, Evan is just a nerd.... also, notice, he yells half the time, and just bad radio... they will break this up some time this yr

5 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Yeah, i think this is my biggest issue with the show. You either like Carton or you don’t, very little middle ground. I happen to like him. My issue is with  Evan, he is trying so hard to be whats he isn’t . He spends the entire show trying to tell Carton where he is wrong. Listen to it, so painful. Carton needs a frat boy, athlete type of partner to play off of, Evan is just a nerd.... also, notice, he yells half the time, and just bad radio... they will break this up some time this yr

Yeah I agree. I do like Carton, but I have more of an appetite for his brand of sports talk mixed in with shock jock stuff in the morning then I do during the afternoon. He just tries to make it about himself and stir up drama too much for me. For some reason that works for me in the morning more so than at 2pm. I can't really explain why.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Kolchak said:

I think Tony ASP is either Carton or Roberts simply bumping this thread. 

Evan Roberts lurks on messageboards he even said it on air once with Joe years ago

And I know Ira from Staten Island goes on here and other Jet messageboards I’ve heard him regurgitate some ridiculous opinions that I read on jet boards