Fields dropping and Wilson is rising

AL047

The thing is which guy can come in right away and lead an nfl team.  I don’t get the sense that any QBs prospect except Lawrence has that ability.  I don’t see the jets bringing in a vet to play all or part of next season.  Who’s out there? And they’re certainly not going to pay the going starters rate for what will probably be a one year rental. They haven’t iced the first pick and Lawrence hasn’t declared yet so anything can still happen.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The funny thing is that the reaction on this board would’ve been nuclear if the Jets had taken Josh Allen over Darnold in that number #3 spot.

IF the Jets end up picking second instead of first, and take Wilson over Fields, what would the reaction be?

Not sure Allen would do any better here than Sam has. If so, it’s because he can run away faster. But his completion rate would still be poor. 
Face it.  Jets stink. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The funny thing is that the reaction on this board would’ve been nuclear if the Jets had taken Josh Allen over Darnold in that number #3 spot.

IF the Jets end up picking second instead of first, and take Wilson over Fields, what would the reaction be?

Josh Allen would be looking at bad as Sam.  Probably already badly injured due to the OL.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AL047 said:

BYU QB Zach Wilson is charging up 2021 NFL Draft boards (nypost.com)

One NFL executive even said they believe that Wilson will ultimately overtake Fields in the coming months ahead of April’s 2021 NFL Draft.

Ohio State’s Justin Fields was presumed to be the second-overall pick. But the Buckeyes QB has fallen under a little more scrutiny as the season has gone on. And BYU’s Zach Wilson has emerged as an elite playmaker, who went from a bubble first-round prospect to a potential top-10 pick.

One NFL executive even said they believe that Wilson will ultimately overtake Fields in the coming months ahead of April’s 2021 NFL Draft.

I'm not sold on Justin Fields, this is one QB that is beginning to show cracks on his armor!!!

Yeah. Sure. i.png.00e1da984ebb1bed54be4c619654f5db.png

I don’t get it. Fields has played as well as anyone can play the position at Ohio State. They have been virtually unbeatable with him under center. 

He has one bad half vs a good defense in Indiana in a game where his team was leading 35-7 in the 3rd quarter and all of a sudden people start doubting him?

Hate to say it, but is this more prejudice against the black QB?

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, AtticusGase said:

I don’t get it. Fields has played as well as anyone can play the position at Ohio State. They have been virtually unbeatable with him under center. 

He has one bad half vs a good defense in Indiana in a game where his team was leading 35-7 in the 3rd quarter and all of a sudden people start doubting him?

Hate to say it, but is this more prejudice against the black QB?

Whoa there, cowboy. Plenty of people are down on Lawrence because of the one and only game he lost in like 6 years — last years Nat championship.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Can you imagine if the Jets took Allen instead of Darnold? They would have ruined him to the point of no return.  Allen would have been the 2nd coming of Hackenburg and working at Wendy's.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

As I've said a few times this notre dame game and then the nat champ playoffs is critical to see if lawrence is as you and every one else says he is.

Last year playing teams with similar talent (ohio state and then lsu) he did nothing to appear to be gods gift to QBing.

Dont disagree at all.  This game vs ND is going to be a great test, as this is an actually good team, not just a team relying on the ND name.

Very interested to see how it turns out

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think things are lining up well if we lose out.

Big question I have is do we have a GM that knows how to build a team.

He’s hit on Becton and Mims. Say what you want about PFF but Mims is ranked 8th and Becton 10th amount all NFL rookies. And we’ve all seen with our eyes. Becton is awesome and Mims looks really good as well. He needs to hit a HR on the coach.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Remember when Geno Smith was the best QB in the draft, would be #1 overall, and had 45 TDs and 5 picks? 

60991792-1.jpg.a549467873073f824a31d87506c94ccd.jpg

I remember that. I also remember that was one of the worst drafts for quarterbacks in Gods knows how long.  In TL you have what is considered to be the best qb prospect in many years plus another 2 or 3 who would be considered top prospects (Fields, Wilson and Lance) in just about any draft.  Context does matter.  

16 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I remember that. I also remember that was one of the worst drafts for quarterbacks in Gods knows how long.  In TL you have what is considered to be the best qb prospect in many years plus another 2 or 3 who would be considered top prospects (Fields, Wilson and Lance) in just about any draft. Context does matter. 

So does a sense of humor....

22 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What's preposterous about it?  Athletic guy who everyone raves about his "off script" play making ability. Questionable decision making at times.  

His on script playmaking isn’t puzzling and his arm is actually strong. Never turns the ball over, good at stepping up in the pocket rather than bailing from it. More games played, started his true freshman season. I get what you’re saying but scrambling QBs are not all the same especially when you’re talking about elite deep ball vs can’t reach the end zone from the 50 yard line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Can you imagine if the Jets took Allen instead of Darnold? They would have ruined him to the point of no return.  Allen would have been the 2nd coming of Hackenburg and working at Wendy's.

Many people actually used that as a comp for Allen.  They said he was bigger, more physical version of Hackenberg with a much stronger arm. Allen's progression has been textbook and he's easily looking like a Top 10 QB for the next decade.  So frustrating. lol

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Many people actually used that as a comp for Allen.  They said he was bigger, more physical version of Hackenberg with a much stronger arm. Allen's progression has been textbook and he's easily looking like a Top 10 QB for the next decade.  So frustrating. lol

He made some throws last week that were just phenomenal. Bert jones like.  He is 10x the QB Darnold is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

His on script playmaking isn’t puzzling and his arm is actually strong. Never turns the ball over, good at stepping up in the pocket rather than bailing from it. Many more games played. I get what you’re saying but scrambling QBs are not all the same especially when you’re talking about elite deep ball vs can’t reach the end zone from the 50 yard line.

He's played 2 more games in his career to date then Darnold did at USC.  With 40 less passing attempts.   In the Mountain West.

You are also comparing Darnold the NFL version to Wilson.  Darnold was universally praised for his pocket presence at USC.