Poll: Now that we're likely getting 1.02, which HC do you want?

Poll: Now that we're likely getting 1.02, which HC do you want?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we're likely getting 1.02, which HC do you want?

• Matt Patricia
    • Hue Jackson
    • Bill O'Brien
    • Dan Quinn
    • Pat Shurmur
    • Other (too bad, we're not getting them! Choose from the above list.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/27/2020 at 05:59 PM

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The primary factor in who the Jets "can get" is:

1. Salary

2. Control

Everything else is an afterthought.

This is so naive that it’s laughable.

“Hey, Matt Campbell?  Yeah, it’s Joe Douglas with the New York Jets.  How would you like to leave your college behind and tie your NFL career to one of Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, or, best of all, Sam. Darnold???

*click*

“Matt?  Hello?”

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

“Hey, Matt Campbell?  Yeah, it’s Joe Douglas with the New York Jets.  How would you like to leave your college behind and tie your NFL career to one of Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, or, best of all, Sam. Darnold???

*click*

“Matt?  Hello?”

How dare you. You haven't even watched the Boca Raton Bowl on Tuesday yet. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

*click*

“Matt?  Hello?”

Coaches unwilling to leave College were never available in the first place.

But if they were, salary would always be the #1 factor, with control close behind.  Contract length (related to salary) as well.

If you want to wallow in your own self-pity, be my guest, I have no intention of doing so with you.

Just as I am pragmatic when the vibe is too positive, I am pragmatic when the vibe is girlishly melodramatic negative.

IF the Johnsons are willing to pay, and give the right level of control, we can hire a good Coach.  If not, we won't.  Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Coaches unwilling to leave College were never available in the first place.

But if they were, salary would always be the #1 factor, with control close behind.  Contract length (related to salary) as well.

If you want to wallow in your own self-pity, be my guest, I have no intention of doing so with you.

Just as I am pragmatic when the vibe is too positive, I am pragmatic when the vibe is girlishly melodramatic negative.

IF the Johnsons are willing to pay, and give the right level of control, we can hire a good Coach.  If not, we won't.  Simple as that.

This part is Grade-A bullsh*t and that makes anything that comes after it Grade-A bullsh*t too.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nope.  Don’t plan on it either.  I don’t care to watch Mormon Manziel celebrate the big win with some Shirley Temples.

Even if he’s good I’m not willing to risk drafting a kid who’s injuries are worse than darnolds.  Darnold misses time but at least no surgery on his throwing shoulder and hand 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Now after another underwhelming HC hire, we get to hear more of bitonti's inane theories about the Johnson's being cheap, when in fact the only attractive thing about this job was lost along when we lost the # 1 pick.

F**k everything.

Grab a mediocre coach.  Let him try to fix darnold for a year.  Go the whole year with the “should they resign darnold or let him walk” headlines.  Let him walk only to draft another mediocre prospect.. let said new mediocre HC ride mediocre qb to mundane 5-8 win seasons, fire coach.  Start cycle again. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would our draft slot change who we wanted as our Head Coach?

There's several teams looking for head coaches. Lawrence was the most attractive asset to luring a top candidate. It's much less likely that the top guys have the Jets at the top of their lists without Lawrence. 

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's several teams looking for head coaches. Lawrence was the most attractive asset to luring a top candidate. It's much less likely that the top guys have the Jets at the top of their lists without Lawrence. 

Oh, I guess we're screwed then and should just give up.