NFL Announcers

One thing that adds to the miserableness of a 2-13 season is that we pretty much always get the lowest-rated announcing team on whatever station the game is on.  I've been watching Red Zone this year though (where you can hear the announcers of all the games) and it feels like most of the announcers are terrible. 

I'm wondering if anyone agrees. 

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

One thing that adds to the miserableness of a 2-13 season is that we pretty much always get the lowest-rated announcing team on whatever station the game is on.  I've been watching Red Zone this year though (where you can hear the announcers of all the games) and it feels like most of the announcers are terrible. 

I'm wondering if anyone agrees. 

We started the Darnold Era with Beth Mowins doing an absurd Marv Albert impression in her "man voice". That was the first sign....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Romo is leagues above everyone else whose name is not Al Michael’s.

The NFL would do well to convince CBS or FOX to get Gus Johnson back to the NFL.

Also hoping for a Peyton Manning announcing crew at some point. Anyone who has seen the “Peytons Places” show, knows the guy has talent. 

All these announcers talk too dam muchabout absolutely nothing  Wish we still had Marty Glickman, Charlie Jones , Brookshier, Al DeRogotus etc etc etc Those were announcers,  clear and concise. Not the noise the announcers peddle now full of meaningless stats. Sometimes think they get paid by the word 

• Upvote 2

Romo is leagues above everyone else whose name is not Al Michael’s.
The NFL would do well to convince CBS or FOX to get Gus Johnson back to the NFL.
Also hoping for a Peyton Manning announcing crew at some point. Anyone who has seen the “Peytons Places” show, knows the guy has talent. 

I like Romo ... but he is becoming annoying fast.

Still enjoy Al Michael's way more.

I don't like Charles Davis.  He hammers his obvious points home like he's lecturing.  Less is better.

I really enjoyed Aqib Talib's game call this year -  it was a fresh perspective in a personal style you never hear in the booth.   Too bad he won't get a long term gig - too many people had to turn on close caption.

10 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I don't like Charles Davis.  He hammers his obvious points home like he's lecturing.  Less is better.

I really enjoyed Aqib Talib's game call this year -  it was a fresh perspective in a personal style you never hear in the booth.   Too bad he won't get a long term gig - too many people had to turn on close caption.

Really?  I thought Talib was about the very worst colour guy I had ever heard.

• Upvote 1

I loved Talib.  Really. 

He was different.  He gave a current player's perspective and called out players for bad plays.  Natural delivery too. "

To each his own, i guess.  I'd like to hear him again.  

Talib talking about a db was was just burnt..

"Fuller, he's got good position just, I think, he bit on a comeback route that wasn't even there.  I mean, he's got the deep third, he's got the deep third, he just has to cover the deep third, man"

Way better than the usual color commentary  - "If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball"  - Booger