Who takes the chance to move to #5?

Jetster

That's about the only trade back you could get unless Atlanta wants to move up. You move to #5 and most likely Fields & Sewell are gone. 

Cincy would only be moving up for Sewell. 

Miami is the big question mark what they do? (Unfortunately, a trade back to #5 puts our division rival right in the drivers seat for a huge trade back with a team targeting Fields or Wilson).

Atlanta could be in the market for a QB & a reset with Matt Ryan's age you could see the Falcons taking Wilson or Fields. 

That would leave the Jets holding their dicks with Lawrence, Sewell, Fields & Wilson all off the board! 

Highly likely if we're staying with Darnold & move back to #5. 

Just now, Jetster said:

That's about the only trade back you could get unless Atlanta wants to move up. You move to #5 and most likely Fields & Sewell are gone. 

Miami is the big question mark what they do? (Unfortunately, a trade back to #5 puts our division rival right in the drivers seat for a huge trade back with a team targeting Fields or Wilson).

Atlanta could be in the market for a QB & a reset with Matt Ryan's age you could see the Falcons taking Wilson or Fields. 

That would leave the Jets holding their dicks with Lawrence, Sewell, Fields & Wilson all off the board! 

i think you need to see who's picking 4th because a trade back to 4 could land wilson if that's what they want.  of course if miami is sitting at 3 and douglas expects them to take sewell and then they trade out and a team takes wilson at 3 and then the jets are sitting at 4 and 3 qbs are already gone, then douglas better have a plan.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

After tomorrow, they may want to call JD about swapping picks with us. When you pull your "FQB" in a must win game like they did last week, makes you think they are anything but convinced Tua is the guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

After tomorrow, they may want to call JD about swapping picks with us. When you pull your "FQB" in a must win game like they did last week, makes you think they are anything but convinced Tua is the guy.

If you’re a dolphins fan, how do you feel about fitz completely outplaying Tua and the jets sitting at 2 with fields staring them in the face?  What percent of dolphin fans would trade Tua for fields?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When we pick #6, we endlessly complain about not picking #2.

When we pick #2, we try to think of every way to pick #6 instead.

Lol, Jets Fans.

I’m not advocating it! It could be a possibility though. None of you know what direction JD is going regarding Darnold. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If you’re a dolphins fan, how do you feel about fitz completely outplaying Tua and the jets sitting at 2 with fields staring them in the face?  What percent of dolphin fans would trade Tua for fields?

Good question. It just seems like they may also want a QB. What's that old saying....if you have two QB's, you really don't have a QB?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When we pick #6, we endlessly complain about not picking #2.

When we pick #2, we try to think of every way to pick #6 instead.

Lol, Jets Fans.

Just imagine the complaining if we had the 1st pick and were lamenting that fields is better than TL but we were going to pick TL anyway.

• Haha 2

Good question. It just seems like they may also want a QB. What's that old saying....if you have two QB's, you really don't have a QB?

There’s a reason the HC didn’t want to bench fitz and we saw it.  I would take fields and Wilson over Tua, better arms and more big play ability.  And they even blew it by taking Tua over Herbert.  So yeah, i wouldn’t be surprised if the dolphins go another way at qb.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I’m not advocating it! It could be a possibility though. None of you know what direction JD is going regarding Darnold. 

IMO I believe Douglas has already made up his mind about Darnold, we just don't know if it's yes or no!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

We need to solve the QB issue.  We only have so many chances to be in position.  Its going to be JD and the new coach to evaluate. 

Everything I watched last night Fields looks like the real thing.  Question will be can he read NFL defenses and continue to grow.  We need a coach to mold Fields if he is the guy.  Perfect coach will be Daboll.  Love what he did with Josh Allen and the Bills offense.

Messing around and risking losing the QB is not worth the risk. 

Great point. That's what makes this so fascinating, but also keeps fans up at night. Not to mention GM's.?

If JD and the new coach want to take a qb and they identify fields or Wilson as a guy they want to build around, you don’t get cute, you take the qb at 2

you have another first and a high second and two firsts next year. With all the cap as well, it’s a good start to building this team.

this isnt draft day the movie. People will lose their minds down the road if we take the wrong guy or miss out on the guy we wanted to get more capital.

at some point all the draft capital means nothing, you have to start taking players that can contribute and build up the roster. Kicking the can down the road does no one good.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

There’s a reason the HC didn’t want to bench fitz and we saw it.  I would take fields and Wilson over Tua, better arms and more big play ability.  And they even blew it by taking Tua over Herbert.  So yeah, i wouldn’t be surprised if the dolphins go another way at qb.  

I heard a spot on Anita Marks' show about a month ago when Tua was about to start his first game. She had on a former scout that was in the NFL for over 30 years, and spent his career scouting QB's. Most of his time he was with the Giants. They got into the whole Tua vs Herbert thing. He said he had Burrow and Herbert 1&2, and nobody else in that class was close. He said he likes Tua, great kid, hard worker, thinks he will be a good QB. But he finished with this...."I just don't think Tua is a difference maker." That really made an impression on me. I don't ever think I heard a scout ever say that about a guy picked that high in a draft, especially a QB.

• Upvote 2

I heard a spot on Anita Marks' show about a month ago when Tua was about to start his first game. She had on a former scout that was in the NFL for over 30 years, and spent his career scouting QB's. Most of his time he was with the Giants. They got into the whole Tua vs Herbert thing. He said he had Burrow and Herbert 1&2, and nobody else in that class was close. He said he likes Tua, great kid, hard worker, thinks he will be a good QB. But he finished with this...."I just don't think Tua is a difference maker." That really made an impression on me. I don't ever think I heard a scout ever say that about a guy picked that high in a draft, especially a QB.

If fields and/or Wilson make it in the nfl they will instantly be better than Tua.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I would be trading back multiple times.  Jets need lots of players. 

Couldn't disagree more. We already have a ton of pics. We need elite players. We also already have some nice young talent on our team that has gained experience this year. We have plenty of pics this year and next year. We need to pic franchise altering players when we have the chance to.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I would be trading back multiple times.  Jets need lots of players. 

They already have 9 picks & almost 100 million in free agency? And 9 picks next year! How many rookies you advocating? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

.. Unless you trade down ... still get your player and a butt ton of picks with him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Bill Obrien fooked us with that idiotic trade with Miami & then trading Hopkins! No way Texans pick is at 3 without that morons doing! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

The choice is obvious. stay at 2 and pick your guy. At this point that should be Sewell or Fields if Douglas believes he is the guy. Personally I want Sewell

You and I have been similar in our thinking. Do you still believe that Darnold is way better than Fields after last night’s performance?

9 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

The choice is obvious. stay at 2 and pick your guy. At this point that should be Sewell or Fields if Douglas believes he is the guy.   ?  Personally I want Sewell  ?

..agreed/me too !   ?

- unless Lawrence is still on the board ?   HE won't be  ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:wine: