Official Doug Pederson fan club

QB1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Would be nice for us to capitalize on someone else's mistake of losing a good HC, for a change. 

I'm all in on Pederson!

Does he jump ahead of everybody else?

I'm just wondering...I keep thinking about it and I'm liking him here more and more...

Pederson/Fields? does it have a nice ring to it ? exciting times

• Upvote 2

Just now, Teflon-Don said:

Does he jump ahead of everybody else?

I'm just wondering...I keep thinking about it and I'm liking him here more and more...

Pederson/Fields? does it have a nice ring to it ? exciting times

My guess is that the betting markets will put him as the favorite, yes. Up from 33-to-1.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Just want to make sure the Jets PR folks understand that most rational fans absolutely DO want Pederson to be strongly considered as their head coach. 

I respect your opinion but what scares me about Doug the most is how it all ended in philly. It just seemed very Gase like but just more messy

Considering he drafted a qb in the 2nd round when Wentz was still considered a franchise qb at the time, he'd probably push for Fields at #2. So I'm a fan of the potential hire, especially with all these posters talking about how they know guys in the front office who say we're likely to just ride it out with Sam. Didn't think this would be such a huge issue, but the fact that the Jets might actually keep Sam and pass on Fields is probably the dumbest thing I've heard and makes me seriously doubt Douglas as a GM.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Considering he drafted a qb in the 2nd round when Wentz was still considered a franchise qb at the time, he'd probably push for Fields at #2. So I'm a fan of the potential hire, especially with all these posters talking about how they know guys in the front office who say we're likely to just ride it out with Sam. Didn't think this would be such a huge issue, but the fact that the Jets might actually keep Sam and pass on Fields is probably the dumbest thing I've heard and makes me seriously doubt Douglas as a GM.

There is a 99% chance Jets either draft a QB at #2 or trade for a legitimate vet. 

8 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

I understand you want t move on from Sam, but what makes you so positive Fields is worthy of that pick?   Analysts are horribly wrong on these guys,  every single year

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Just want to make sure the Jets PR folks understand that most rational fans absolutely DO want Pederson to be strongly considered as their head coach. 

I've been wanting Pederson before Gase was fired.    I'm VERY happy to see him available, but before I pull the trigger on him, I'm want to chat with him about his view of Darnold's future.  

43 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I understand you want t move on from Sam, but what makes you so positive Fields is worthy of that pick?   Analysts are horribly wrong on these guys,  every single year

He has great mechanics/accuracy, good arm strength, and great mobility. People bring up him being slow at reading defenses and holding onto the ball forever but these are minor nick picks and Lawrence had the same issues his 2nd year starting at Clemson, plus you can teach him those things. Lamar and Josh Allen also had these same concerns, but they also had garbage mechanics coming out of college and didn't have Fields natural accuracy. Him having great mechanics in college already shows how developed he is and eliminates one of the hurdles of developing a qb.

He was also one of the highest rated high school qbs ever in Georgia, but yet has faced adversity and succeeded by him having to transfer to Ohio State from Georgia to get a fair shot at the qb job (also the highest rated qb ever to attend Ohio State from a recruiting standpoint). Also has shown toughness playing hurt in both playoff games against Clemson.

Also, next years qb class is weaker then this years. Rattler is nowhere near as developed as Fields or Lawrence were at this point in his career, and Howell is not as naturally gifted as either of them (lacks mobility and has an okay arm). Slovis isn't even worth talking about, guy has a noddle arm.

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Did he draft him? or Roseman