Daniel Jeremiah

riggy001

1 minute ago, riggy001 said:

Anyone else catch him on wfan today? As these draft analysts go, i like him more than most because he was actually a scout for a period of time. Some key comments:  Has both Fields and wilson graded higher than Darnold, with Wilson being the highest. Has slater rated higher than Sewell. Not sure what JD will do at qb, believes new coach and system will have big impact on decision.

Pretty sure JD and Daniel Jeremiah are very close as well. He also had Becton as a t5 prospect last year where as most other analysts had him lower. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Anyone else catch him on wfan today? As these draft analysts go, i like him more than most because he was actually a scout for a period of time. Some key comments:  Has both Fields and wilson graded higher than Darnold, with Wilson being the highest. Has slater rated higher than Sewell. Not sure what JD will do at qb, believes new coach and system will have big impact on decision.

I like Daniel as well.  

Makes sense to get the input from the new coach before making a San decision but I'm hoping that he has a strong take on what he would like to do already.   If they are higher graded  than Sam then you have to go with a QB in the draft but its only Daniel's opinion.

DJ IMO is the best draft analyst out there. He seems to be way more plugged in to what teams draft boards look like than most media mocks you’ll see.

I’ve said it before, he had Trey Lance as his QB1 going into this season... ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Obviously with the 1 game showcase this season guys have been able to pass him. But I think when workouts/combines start happening you’re going to head a lot more about Trey Lance.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

DJ IMO is the best draft analyst out there. He seems to be way more plugged in to what teams draft boards look like than most media mocks you’ll see.

I’ve said it before, he had Trey Lance as his QB1 going into this season... ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Obviously with the 1 game showcase this season guys have been able to pass him. But I think when workouts/combines start happening you’re going to head a lot more about Trey Lance.

I agree, and don't think it's even close.

5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Jerimiah  was on Eisen a year ago saying he'd take Darnold over every young QB in the NFL. 

not necessarily a bad line of thought ... doubtful that any would have succeeded in this environment the last 3 years

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I put this in another thread - said he has been around great O-lineman (Joe Thomas and Ogden) and Sewell is NOT a generational talent. Not even his top tackle. He also said Chase was a better prospect than Smith. He feels Wilson goes through his progressions better than Fields and I think Darnold if I remember correctly. 

Correct.

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I put this in another thread - said he has been around great O-lineman (Joe Thomas and Ogden) and Sewell is NOT a generational talent. Not even his top tackle. He also said Chase was a better prospect than Smith. He feels Wilson goes through his progressions better than Fields and I think Darnold if I remember correctly. 

I'm going to have to listen to  Jerimiah more.  Iagree with all of this.  Add to it that Sewell hasn't played in a year.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, riggy001 said:

Not to be pedantic, but Jeremiah said he had Wilson rated close to Darnold, but maybe a little higher. Didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about any of the non-Lawrence QBs, doing a pretty good rip job on Fields especially. IMO, the two most interesting things he said (as it pertains to the Jets) was that he, personally, doesn’t think drafting a receiver high is good value because you can get top receivers in Rd 2, and the Sewell thing. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yeah, no way Sewell is the pick. It’s so early but going with my gut I think Wilson is the pick 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Not to be pedantic, but Jeremiah said he had Wilson rated close to Darnold, but maybe a little higher. Didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about any of the non-Lawrence QBs, doing a pretty good rip job on Fields especially. IMO, the two most interesting things he said (as it pertains to the Jets) was that he, personally, doesn’t think drafting a receiver high is good value because you can get top receivers in Rd 2, and the Sewell thing. 

DeVonta Smith,JaMaar Chase,Jaylen Waddle won't be available in round 2. 

27 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The real question is why do a legitimate NFL scout have Justin/Wilson rated higher than Sewell and TV scouts have Justin going 15 overall? ?

HMMM.... the world may never know 

The TV scouts will change their analysis once they get info on what real scouts think.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So basically Draft Wilson to start over and take an OL with the Seattle pick. Sounds good to me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

So basically Draft Wilson to start over and take an OL with the Seattle pick. Sounds good to me. 

It was a pretty meh interview (Moose and Maggie), but I got the impression that if Jeremiah was picking for the Jets, he’s keeping Darnold and trading down.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh....As we know the real scouts are wrong all the time.  

While this is true, you’ll see the narrative change. People werent talking about Becton as a first round tackle until Jeremiah brought him up last year. The same is happening with Slater this year. And this is just the impact of 1 guy. Wait until they start hearing from the broader scouring community.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

While this is true, you’ll see the narrative change. People werent talking about Becton as a first round tackle until Jeremiah brought him up last year. The same is happening with Slater this year. And this is just the impact of 1 guy. Wait until they start hearing from the broader scouring community.

Fair enough.  Totally agree.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a pretty meh interview (Moose and Maggie), but I got the impression that if Jeremiah was picking for the Jets, he’s keeping Darnold and trading down.

If you read the thread, you would see your ‘impression’ is wrong....was on eisen and said he would draft wilson and start over

• Post of the Week 1