Daniel Jeremiah

riggy001

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Alright then hit us with your wisdom 

Jeremiah loved Darnold, meaning he must have had a huge grade on him. If he has both Wilson and Fields graded above Darnold he’s saying they are elite prospects worthy of being taken at 2.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, riggy001 said:

Just listened to eisen interview again. He said he would start the clock over with wilson drafted at 2, rather than stick with Sam. Great thing about Sports media today, most is available, just Need to listen.

He also said the Jets should hire Doug Pederson

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a pretty meh interview (Moose and Maggie), but I got the impression that if Jeremiah was picking for the Jets, he’s keeping Darnold and trading down.

But for Jets to trade down (my preference too), someone needs to want to move up.  With DJ throwing some shade on Justin Fields and Sewell, what team is trading up to jets spot and for who ?   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wilson will be the better QB.

Not sure what the disdain for Wilson is around here...

Agreed....and not surprised at all that Jeremiah doesn’t rate Sewell he’s a one year wonder with injury history that didn’t play at all in 2020....not saying he won’t turn out to be a starter or even a good one but I go nowhere near him with the 2nd overall pick and talk of ‘generational’ talent seems a little overhyped.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Jeremiah loved Darnold, meaning he must have had a huge grade on him. If he has both Wilson and Fields graded above Darnold he’s saying they are elite prospects worthy of being taken at 2.

Or contra case he's wrong about all 3

Mayock used to make calls like this pre senior bowl pre combine for clicks 

Like ranking trey Lance over Trevor for example 

Bottom line I don't know who the Jets draft but slater is not better than Sewell. Cmon. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Agreed....and not surprised at all that Jeremiah doesn’t rate Sewell he’s a one year wonder with injury history that didn’t play at all in 2020....not saying he won’t turn out to be a starter or even a good one but I go nowhere near him with the 2nd overall pick and talk of ‘generational’ talent seems a little overhyped.

Exactly. Jeremiah has been around Joe Thomas and Ogden a lot and he is a very good source on this. We don’t need another tackle, let alone a left one. We can sign a guard in FA and draft a center. If no QB at 2 you have to give Sam an elite receiver - Buffalo’s offense didn’t take off until Diggs arrived. Take Chase or Smith after a trade back if you keep Sam.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, QB1 said:

Jerimiah  was on Eisen a year ago saying he'd take Darnold over every young QB in the NFL. 

Correct.

Jermiah knows his stuff and is entertaining but he also understands how to keep himself relevant.

He did a review of Sam's draft class on Russillo's podcast and said he still strongly believes in Sam. Maybe thats his opinion or maybe he gets some info from JD. But hes definitely defended sam

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was a pretty meh interview (Moose and Maggie), but I got the impression that if Jeremiah was picking for the Jets, he’s keeping Darnold and trading down.

You got that impression when he said he would start over at QB with a new coach. Amazing ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Correct.

Jermiah knows his stuff and is entertaining but he also understands how to keep himself relevant.

He did a review of Sam's draft class on Russillo's podcast and said he still strongly believes in Sam. Maybe thats his opinion or maybe he gets some info from JD. But hes definitely defended sam

Part of it is that draft analysts hate to be wrong.  But in reality, draft analysts like gms have a hard time predicting who is going to succeed in the mental parts of the game.  Everyone thought darnold would but he clearly hasn’t.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Or contra case he's wrong about all 3

Mayock used to make calls like this pre senior bowl pre combine for clicks 

Like ranking trey Lance over Trevor for example 

Bottom line I don't know who the Jets draft but slater is not better than Sewell. Cmon. 

Slowly backing off that Sewell ledge huh?

For a prospect to be generational and so great like you type here everyday, you’d think it would be at least, consensus’s in the scouting community  he’s the best at his position ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

For a prospect to be generational and so great like you type here everyday, you’d think it would be at least, consensus’s in the scouting community  he’s the best at his position ?

Haven’t see bit predict Jets would take Sewell. Quite the opposite he believes it more like they take a QB. He just disagrees with that approach. FYI over 50% of surveyed GMs preferred Leaf over Manning. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Haven’t see bit predict Jets would take Sewell. Quite the opposite he believes it more like they take a QB. He just disagrees with that approach. FYI over 50% of surveyed GMs preferred Leaf over Manning. 

In this draft the 2nd slot is for a qb.  Whether the jets take one or not, it’s a qb spot.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

He’s told me multiple times “Sewell will be the pick, Joe Douglas comes from _____ train of thought, he had _______ at LT and ________ at RT at Philly and Baltimore he can replicate that here”

but if he’s now saying jets will take a QB that’s news to me ?

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No. The draft is not what fans want. I still want Sewell or even Smith at 2. I wanted Mahomes over Adams. No one gives a crap what we want. 

I'm going on record Sewell is an instant pro bowl with hof potential. The jets draft someone else? That's the way it is oatmeal 

If DJ keeps this ranking through the next few months we can talk about it. It's a publicity move to differentiate himself for a little while. We're talking about him and it's good for business. 

Pro scouts by the way are not interchangeable. The really good ones aren't on TV. The best ones work for the teams. 

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He’s told me multiple times “Sewell will be the pick, Joe Douglas comes from _____ train of thought, he had _______ at LT and ________ at RT at Philly and Baltimore he can replicate that here”

but if he’s now saying jets will take a QB that’s news to me ?

What I said was that I don't know who they will draft. 

They might trade down, they might take a QB 

They might even draft Smith 

I don't know and neither does dj or anyone here

McShay went to college with him 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No. The draft is not what fans want. I still want Sewell or even Smith at 2. I wanted Mahomes over Adams. No one gives a crap what we want. 

I'm going on record Sewell is an instant pro bowl with hof potential. The jets draft someone else? That's the way it is oatmeal 

If DJ keeps this ranking through the next few months we can talk about it. It's a publicity move to differentiate himself for a little while. We're talking about him and it's good for business. 

Pro scouts by the way are not interchangeable. The really good ones aren't on TV. The best ones work for the teams. 

Then how bad must the tv guys suck if they’re worse than the jets scouts

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It was remarkable how many of DJ's talking points on Rich Eisen and the Moose/Maggie show are exactly the same.

i.e. you can get a great receiver in the second round, but if you want a great tackle, there are a limited number of tier 1 tackles, you gotta go round 1 for a tackle. "Running backs and wide receivers you can get later" DJ

What was different on the Eisen show is Rich Eisen pushed him to make you're-on-the-spot draft day decision if Daniel was handing in the pick for the Jets.

"You are drafting at 2, do you keep Darnold get him some playmakers...
or do you draft a QB not named Lawrence?"

DJ struggles for a moment before answering   "I draft Zach Wilson"

He sounds like he is on the fence about keeping Darnold versus drafting Wilson but right now his nod goes to drafting Zach Wilson.

He compared Justin Fields developmental stage to Josh Allen pre-draft.

Not there yet but with his athleticism and size he has a potential to be something far beyond where he currently is.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Gangrene said:

It was remarkable how many of DJ's talking points on Rich Eisen and the Moose/Maggie show are exactly the same.

i.e. you can get a great receiver in the second round, but if you want a great tackle, there are a limited number of tier 1 tackles, you gotta go round 1 for a tackle. "Running backs and wide receivers you can get later" DJ

What was different on the Eisen show is Rich Eisen pushed him to make you're-on-the-spot draft day decision if Daniel was handing in the pick for the Jets.

"You are drafting at 2, do you keep Darnold get him some playmakers...
or do you draft a QB not named Lawrence?"

DJ struggles for a moment before answering   "I draft Zach Wilson"

He sounds like he is on the fence about keeping Darnold versus drafting Wilson but right now his nod goes to drafting Zach Wilson.

He compared Justin Fields developmental stage to Josh Allen pre-draft.

Not there yet but with his athleticism and size he has a potential to be something far beyond where he currently is.

Especially because we do not need another left tackle. The quickest way to improve our line is to sign a FA guard and draft a center. We are fine at RT. It would be fine if we don't draft a QB and move back a couple of spots and grab Chase and acquire another pick or two. Josh Allen's play didn't skyrocket until they gave him Diggs.

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

People are laughing at this but who knows what Darnold would've become with proper coaching and a supporting cast.

Gase ruined Sam, simple as that. The million$ question, do JD and Saleh think they can fix him? Or, Is Morgan going to be way more of the future than anyone thinks?