Robby Anderson reveals miserable experience with Jets

Bronx

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Or, the culture wasn’t that bad, and both Anderson and Adams are exceedingly immature, high-maintenance crybabies with irrationally high opinions of their abilities, and the teams that currently possess their rights now have to make decisions on how to pay both of them commensurate to their actual levels of performance. Best of luck to em.

But drafting Adams was the smart pick that changed the culture!

So in the end it was, "I’m going to be a big loudmouth and if teammates don’t follow me and tell me to **** off I’m going to run back home and sit in a dark room by myself and make a sniveling call to Daddy."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

But drafting Adams was the smart pick that changed the culture!

So in the end it was, "I’m going to be a big loudmouth and if teammates don’t follow me and tell me to **** off I’m going to run back home and sit in a dark room by myself and make a sniveling call to Daddy."

He was drafted because he was a leader. Anyone who listens to, or follows this douche, deserves everything they get.

Unsurprisingly you guys have turned this into a “Robby is thug turd” and “I’m not happy in my job, do eff him” thread. Which is whatever, but I’d you parse out what he’s saying - and pause before making your reaction about yourself - you realize it’s just another huge signal about a toxic culture.

So, a huge part of what I do professionally is help companies identify the right problem to solve - before solving it.

To me, it’s encouraging hearing these articles from ex-Jets, it lets me know that JD identified and attempted to solve the right problem.

• Upvote 3

Just now, section314 said:

He was drafted because he was a leader. Anyone who listens to, or follows this douche, deserves everything they get.

When he plays with chickens he’s a leader of hen.

When he plays with his Barbies he scolds her beau and is a leader of Ken.

When he plays football he’s a tweeting jerk.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880227-robby-anderson-says-he-has-unfinished-business-with-jets-wants-return-to-nyRobby

Anderson Says He Has 'Unfinished Business' with Jets, Wants Return to NY

"I think they definitely want me back," he said. "I truly do want to be back with the Jets. I love Sam (Darnold). I love my teammates, Jamal (Adams) and all those guys. I feel like there's unfinished business there that I've been trying to get done since I got there. I would hope to finish out the mission, all in all, but it's a business."‬

Amazing how losers change their stories like this, isn’t it?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unsurprisingly you guys have turned this into a “Robby is thug turd” and “I’m not happy in my job, do eff him” thread. Which is whatever, but I’d you parse out what he’s saying - and pause before making your reaction about yourself - you realize it’s just another huge signal about a toxic culture.

So, a huge part of what I do professionally is help companies identify the right problem to solve - before solving it.

To me, it’s encouraging hearing these articles from ex-Jets, it lets me know that JD identified and attempted to solve the right problem.

There is a difference between toxic and poorly run. The jets are a poorly run org and no one will argue that. To say they are toxic borders on claims of unethical or unfair practices. I can think of maybe 1 or two cases of that type of complaint over the past 10 years or so.

Consider the source of this article - he would have been back (thank god he is not) if the money was right. I guess toxic is forgiven in that case.

As I said, let's be glad we no longer have him, Jamal and any other player who is more interested in themselves then their part of the team. Hopefully, our new mgmt. continues down that road and builds this team the proper way.

• Upvote 2

Who knows if he didn't want to throw anyone under the bus right away. Maybe he held his discontentment all this time. Both Crapal Adams and him voiced the same sentiments. 

The bottom line is that we needed him. He could have provided a lot of help to Sam and things could have been different. 

JD has a vision of high character individuals, but a 52-men roster full of saints can only be found in the Vatican. JD blew it and it cost the team heavily.

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/robby-anderson-reveals-miserable-experience-with-jets/

Playing for the Jets led to Robby Anderson “losing my love” for football.

“I just wasn’t genuinely happy there all the time,” Anderson said in an interview with the Charlotte Observer.

Robby Anderson reveals miserable experience with Jets

Playing for the Jets led to Robby Anderson “losing my love” for football.

“I just wasn’t genuinely happy there all the time,” Anderson said in an interview with the Charlotte Obs

The 27-year-old wide receiver spent four losing seasons with the Jets before signing a two-year, $12 million guaranteed contract with the Carolina Panthers last spring.

“I definitely think that was one the best decisions I made all in all,” Anderson said following a season in which he broke out for a team-high 95 receptions and career-high 1,096 receiving yards.

The Jets could have used that production — their receivers combined for 3,115 receiving yards, second-worst in the NFL behind the Ravens.

Anderson finished with three receiving touchdowns and another on the ground, but the Panthers, like the Jets, missed the playoffs.

An undrafted free agent out of Temple who became the Jets’ No. 1 option in a mediocre receiver corps, Anderson said there were days in New York when “I wouldn’t even want to go to the building. … And in Carolina, it just felt like a new breath of air for me and I just [felt] at a real peace, I felt comfortable. Like I actually liked Charlotte. I was excited to go to work.”

Anderson added that “I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

During his time with the Jets, Anderson was arrested twice in a nine-month period spanning 2017 to 2018. He faced a slew of charges, including four felonies, but all charges except for a reckless driving misdemeanor (six months’ probation) were dismissed by authorities.

He was the second former Jet in recent months to lament his time with the team.

“Bro, I fought depression in New York,” Seahawks safety Jamal Adams said on the “All Things Covered” podcast in November. “And I’m man enough to say it. I came home after a tough loss and just sat in my room in the dark — no phone, no TV. [My dad] hated to see me like that. It killed my pops so much. … He was calling my agent at the time and saying, ‘Hey man, I don’t like seeing my son like this. I need him out of this situation.’ It took a toll on my life outside of football.”

Adams, who also called the Jets a “laughingstock,” had a dramatic falling out with the team last offseason, when management chose not to extend his contract ahead of schedule to make him the highest-paid safety in the league at over $14.6 million per year.

If I hear about Adams Claiming he had depression one more time, I'm going to scream. Sitting in a freaking dark room with no phone and no TV is a freaking dream for people that have depression.  

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Toxic work environments are terrible, regardless if your job. Some people can punch the clock and be unaffected, but far more contemplate career change, fight depression and lethargy, lose focus, etc.

I’m hopeful Saleh has a positive impact on this factor of out team culture.

This.

Might have been fine for the Nathan Sheperds and that dude who had 10 sacks but no one still cared about him anyway. But for people who are passionate about winning the Jets would have been totally toxic.

Hopefully Saleh does change that.

26 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

When he plays with chickens he’s a leader of hen.

When he plays with his Barbies he scolds her beau and is a leader of Ken.

When he plays football he’s a tweeting jerk.

i Luv it !  ?     ^ ^ 

“I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

He said going through this at age 27 is on the Jets?

Try re-reading what he says without the preconception that he’s blaming the Jets rather than just admitting he made changes himself (not just changing teams) & grew up a bit; and that - aided by his first multi-million dollar bonus check - made other things (including football) less of a place of pressure and/or anxiety. 

I guess people read what they want to between the lines, but unless I conveniently skimmed past it, he didn't say that team/losing made him depressed a la Adams. Never mind Anderson seeing Enunwa's career end in front of him on a play (after nearly ending it in camp a couple seasons prior), and knowing that could be anyone's fate including his own. Fine, except he hadn't cashed in yet, and for anyone life after football would be a lot easier with a nest egg instead of almosts and what-ifs.

Point being he may have said many or all the same things once that contract pressure/anxiety was over if he'd re-signed here for that money, and he could just play football. Plus big duh it's doubly more enjoyable for a WR when he's catching about twice as many passes.

I don't think none of it had to do with swapping teams. Sometimes change for the sake of change is what a person needs, and maybe in 2 years he'll need a scenery change yet again.

Anyway it didn't come across to me as "Playing for the Jets was the cause of all that was bad in my life," so much as, "I'm in a better frame of mind now mentally, and that carries over & makes everything in my life better, including playing football." 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Who knows if he didn't want to throw anyone under the bus right away. Maybe he held his discontentment all this time. Both Crapal Adams and him voiced the same sentiments. 

The bottom line is that we needed him. He could have provided a lot of help to Sam and things could have been different. 

JD has a vision of high character individuals, but a 52-men roster full of saints can only be found in the Vatican. JD blew it and it cost the team heavily.

I'm not so sure, it's not like Sam and Robby really clicked when they were together. Sam has had a horrible time getting the ball down the field with accuracy. Don't get me wrong I wish we had Robby, I just think the issue is Sam's deep ball, like it's always been.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

“I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

He said going through this at age 27 is on the Jets?

Try re-reading what he says without the preconception that he’s blaming the Jets rather than just admitting he made changes himself (not just changing teams) & grew up a bit; and that - aided by his first multi-million dollar bonus check - made other things (including football) less of a place of pressure and/or anxiety. 

I guess people read what they want to between the lines, but unless I conveniently skimmed past it, he didn't say that team/losing made him depressed a la Adams. Never mind Anderson seeing Enunwa's career end in front of him on a play (after nearly ending it in camp a couple seasons prior), and knowing that could be anyone's fate including his own. Fine, except he hadn't cashed in yet, and for anyone life after football would be a lot easier with a nest egg instead of almosts and what-ifs.

Point being he may have said many or all the same things once that contract pressure/anxiety was over, and he could just play football. Plus big duh it's doubly more enjoyable for a WR when he's catching about twice as many passes.

I don't think none of it had to do with swapping teams. Sometimes change for the sake of change is what a person needs, and maybe in 2 years he'll need a scenery change yet again.

Anyway it didn't come across to me as "Playing for the Jets was the cause of all that was bad in my life," so much as, "I'm in a better frame of mind now mentally, and that carries over & makes everything in my life better, including playing football." 

The NYP actually took some liberties in what Robbie was trying to say here.

Just for a laugh, the Charlotte Observer had to place this disclaimer:The interview was edited for clarity.

Here are the parts specifically related to the Jets. he actually puts some of this, as you alluded to, on himself:

AG: Are you happy with your decision to sign with the Panthers?

RA: “I definitely think that was one the best decisions I made all in all. I just felt like a sense of peace being there. It was times when I was in New York that I honestly, I just didn’t, I felt like I was losing my love for football. It was days I wouldn’t even want to go to the building like I didn’t like feeling like that ... there was just a lot of things. I just wasn’t genuinely happy there all the time. And in Carolina, it just felt like a new breath of air for me and I just (felt) at a real peace, I felt comfortable. Like I actually liked Charlotte. I was excited to go to work every day and get better and just enjoy even though things weren’t always 100% how we would want them to be, but I still was happy being there and still enjoyed it.” 

AG: Did you ever consider quitting when you were with the Jets?RA: No, I would never quit. I would never give up. I trust in God, I knew I was there for a reason. But it was a struggle at times. I feel like God and the universe don’t make mistakes. So it was a situation I had to fight through and build through and find positivity and also within myself, look myself in the mirror and understand why things were certain ways, and I had to make personal change as well. It wasn’t all the situation, I played a part in that, too.

“One of the biggest things I learned from New York, when I really took that step, learning to take more accountability for things and that was something I struggled with. A lot of times I was trying to find a reason as to why this and that wasn’t my fault. I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not so sure, it's not like Sam and Robby really clicked when they were together. Sam has had a horrible time getting the ball down the field with accuracy. Don't get me wrong I wish we had Robby, I just think the issue is Sam's deep ball, like it's always been.

I just don't see us gambling with Sam. Is either Watson or Wilson.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No one is genuinely happy all the time, so maybe he should grow up a bit. He should be grateful they gave him a chance as an UDFA. He would have rode then bench on any other team as an UDFA that could only run straight fast.

I think growing up a bit & doing self reflection was what he did say.

Not being happy all the time could just be an ineloquent/clumsy way of saying he was unhappy a lot. It doesn't mean he expected every minute of his life to be filled with nothing but constant joy, nor that he is happy every minute of every day now. 

It was just bad phrasing imo.

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I am a leader of pen

..if i may,..  " sperm edwards "  the  J. D. Salinger  of  jetnation  ?

oh, btw,.. J. D. Salinger - one of my ALL time fav authors  ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not being happy all the time could just be an ineloquent/clumsy way of saying he was unhappy a lot. It doesn't mean he expected every minute of his life to be filled with nothing but constant joy, nor that he is happy every minute of every day now. 

I am happy with my backyard pool.IMG_20210104_100459543.thumb.jpg.2fb595d02748138c4e07b06208acee00.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Exactly. He made some personal mistakes while with the Jets that define that time period as much as being a member of the team. He worked on himself and improved himself and I find that impressive. Dude has always struggled with presenting his thoughts clearly when speaking. I’m happy he’s happy and will always root for him. But yes, my time with the Jets has been mostly miserable as well. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

So I see the Panthers are now “All In” on D. Watson. Have the local media do a hit piece on the Jets to knock them off the list of places Watson will allow a trade to. I think he’s a Carolina guy to start. 

The timing of this article is a give away. 

There will be more teams than the Panthers and Jets I imagine.... but you know, working for Chris and Woody should tip the scales.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The NYP actually took some liberties in what Robbie was trying to say here.

Just for a laugh, the Charlotte Observer had to place this disclaimer:The interview was edited for clarity.

Here are the parts specifically related to the Jets. he actually puts some of this, as you alluded to, on himself:

AG: Are you happy with your decision to sign with the Panthers?

RA: “I definitely think that was one the best decisions I made all in all. I just felt like a sense of peace being there. It was times when I was in New York that I honestly, I just didn’t, I felt like I was losing my love for football. It was days I wouldn’t even want to go to the building like I didn’t like feeling like that ... there was just a lot of things. I just wasn’t genuinely happy there all the time. And in Carolina, it just felt like a new breath of air for me and I just (felt) at a real peace, I felt comfortable. Like I actually liked Charlotte. I was excited to go to work every day and get better and just enjoy even though things weren’t always 100% how we would want them to be, but I still was happy being there and still enjoyed it.” 

AG: Did you ever consider quitting when you were with the Jets?RA: No, I would never quit. I would never give up. I trust in God, I knew I was there for a reason. But it was a struggle at times. I feel like God and the universe don’t make mistakes. So it was a situation I had to fight through and build through and find positivity and also within myself, look myself in the mirror and understand why things were certain ways, and I had to make personal change as well. It wasn’t all the situation, I played a part in that, too.

“One of the biggest things I learned from New York, when I really took that step, learning to take more accountability for things and that was something I struggled with. A lot of times I was trying to find a reason as to why this and that wasn’t my fault. I started to look myself in the mirror more, take more ownership of things, and not look at the actual situation I was in. And that’s when I started seeing a lot of personal growth outside of just football and being more happy outside of football, and starting to find more peace.”

Yeah we've all heard him speak (and/or read some tweets re-posted here) and he's not the most eloquent.

I think that's pretty common for reporters to edit quoting a player saying "I'm going to play..." not the "Imma play..." actually spoken. RA doesn't come across as any great genius, speech patterns aside, but lots of us grew up in different places; bfd. If half my family was quoted it's doubtful a reporter would type out yous as the plural, but that's what they do say lol.

• Upvote 1