Brandon Marshall

1968 First team all pro receivers in the AFL: Don Maynard, George Sauer and Lance Alworth.  Joe Namath was the first team QB.  When football was fun.  Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Keyshon, Wayne Chrebet, Brandon Marshal.  Lots of good receivers over the years.  Need some more now.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So I'm just going to put this out into the universe.

Sanchez playoff stats:

9 TD, 3 INT, 94.3 Rating.  Not superb, but definitely not the reason we lost those games.

Yes it was.  To win playoffs games you have to put up points.  As you stated it's not like he was bad, he wasn't - he just wasn't good enough.

High level QB play and we win both those games.

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes it was.  To win playoffs games you have to put up points.  As you stated it's not like he was bad, he wasn't - he just wasn't good enough.

High level QB play and we win both those games.

Look at the box scores.  I believe he put up at least 2 TDs in each and had very solid passing stats.  The defense crapped the bed in the PIT game.  Don't recall the specifics of the IND game, but I think we scored over 20.  Not saying he was great, but he was more than good enough for us to have won one if not both.

• Upvote 1

For all the circus talk about the Jets from the media....former players sure do take “once a jet always a jet” to heart ??‍♂️ Remember he played for both NY teams so it’s bigger than the city....

BMarsh will always be one of my favs for a helluva 2015 season....to bad it all went downhill in Buffalo 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We only had him two years (first one being a record breaking success...second not so much) but kinda cool we have another former Jets player so openly rooting for the Jets. Mangold, Marshall, Woody, Cromartie, Bart Scott, Keyshawn Johnson, Boomer and I’m sure I’m even missing one or two others. Even if the trade doesn’t come to fruition, the positive press has been refreshing at the very least. Here’s to hoping we pull off the trade that erases 50 years of QB-less Jets teams.

It tells you the Jets are not the team we are told we are!!?

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We only had him two years (first one being a record breaking success...second not so much) but kinda cool we have another former Jets player so openly rooting for the Jets. Mangold, Marshall, Woody, Cromartie, Bart Scott, Keyshawn Johnson, Boomer and I’m sure I’m even missing one or two others. Even if the trade doesn’t come to fruition, the positive press has been refreshing at the very least. Here’s to hoping we pull off the trade that erases 50 years of QB-less Jets teams.

I love BMarshall, I wish we had more time with him on the team.

Back in 2016, it was a night game in December, I was in the middle of my TailgateJoe party and making a chicken stir fry on a 4ft paella pan over a charcoal fire and had a crowd watching me. We are set up along the road that leads right into the stadium and a car stops in the middle of the street and a guy jumps out and runs over to us, leaving his car just sitting there backing up the whole road and beeping traffic. This guy comes running right up to me with his cell camera going saying "hey I was just driving into the stadium and saw you doing this and had to check it out because it looks like a crazy party and I've here seen someone cooking like this at a tailgate." It was Marshall, on his way into the stadium. The whole crowd was standing there slack jawed. Pretty cool. It got posted on his instagram, I'm guessing still there if you go back far enough on his timeline. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/28/2021 at 5:42 AM, redlichtie said:

Not sure how old you are, if you are under 40 you likely don’t remember the 85 & 86 seasons and Wesley Walker & Al Toon....Toon especially was a truly elite player, that B Marshall year, ably supported by the excellent and very underrated Eric Decker was indeed fun.....big shout out to Braylon Edwards too

You haven't lived until you've seen/heard Eric Decker score a TD in Spanish against the Cheats. Haha, who needs soccer announcing. I watched this on a loop for three days, lol.

EDIT: Ugh, I hate youtube/NFL. You can't watch directly. Damn it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jetophile said:

You haven't lived until you've seen/heard Eric Decker score a TD in Spanish against the Cheats. Haha, who needs soccer announcing. I watched this on a loop for three days, lol.

His finest moment....what a moment!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetophile said:

When we recently got internet service installed at our new home in NM, I tested its streaming performance by watching the end of this game via NFL GamePass.  I still get goosebumps.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Fitzmagic to Marshall in 2015 was a really fun season on and off the field. I really liked Braylon Edwards and really thought we screwed up and let him get away. Never was a Keyshawn fan don't like his personality type.

My favorite tandem were Coles and Chrebet. Yeah two little scrappy dudes that didn't talk too much and just fought for the tough yards. Unfortunately both of them got knocked out cold three or four times a season LOL! But that was definitely a different era of football.

Many folks also don't remember what aggressive run blockers they were - and blocking for each other downfield.

33 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Many folks also don't remember what aggressive run blockers they were - and blocking for each other downfield.

Great point! Let me add that the joy that I get out of explaining the game of football to someone makes me appreciate it that much more.

Over the years whether it's my children, girlfriends, even my Mother, I've always said that you have to train yourself to not watch the football. There's so much going on during every play, so many assignments, so many unsung heroes that's what makes it such an amazing sport to be a fan of.

It's hard not to watch somebody catch a bomb and score a touchdown but there's so much that goes into that and so many players that are underappreciated for what their roles are. Hell I've been watching football for three decades and I'm still learning stuff.

Maybe that's why when we have unsuccessful Seasons it makes it that much worse because there are guys out there who are doing it right, but as a team we're just not getting it done.

Anyway my long-winded response LOL, is more just about how one day one of my sons asked me why I love the sport so much. When I started explaining the offense and defensive lines , what the linebackers roles are, what the tight ends do, or why the left tackle is so important it kind of renews your love and why we are fans in the first place.

Guys like Wallace Wright, Wayne Chrebet, Brian Poole, Nick Mangold, Willie Colon, Blue Collar lunch pail workers. Much love and respect.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jetophile said:

That was worth every second! it was like he was speaking in tongues and I felt like I was getting yelled at! Also it oddly enough had a really cool Rhythm to it.