Would you trade the #2 and a 2nd round pick and Sam Darnold for the #10 and Dak Prescott?

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Heard this idea on a local sports talk show. Seemed like an interesting way for the Cowboys to get out of the financial predicament with Dak and to choose a potential QB of the future at #2, letting Darnold start the season as starter. The Jets would be upgrading at QB, could probably afford Dak and still have a Top 10 pick.

Not sure how I feel about paying Dak a ton. He’s a better starter than Darnold with no bust/development risk but he’s no Deshaun Watson. 

No.

IMO Dak would be an upgrade at the position but not for $40 million and not for any sizable contract without knowing how he is going to perform on the ankle. I would consider Darnold and a mid-round pick for a very reasonable contract even if that meant escalation clauses for performance. 

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Heard this idea on a local sports talk show. Seemed like an interesting way for the Cowboys to get out of the financial predicament with Dak and to choose a potential QB of the future at #2, letting Darnold start the season as starter. The Jets would be upgrading at QB, could probably afford Dak and still have a Top 10 pick.

Not sure how I feel about paying Dak a ton. He’s a better starter than Darnold with no bust/development risk but he’s no Deshaun Watson. 

Interesting. Basically it comes down, for me, that Dak just isn't worth the money. I mean seriously what has he done to justify eating up 1/5 of the cap ? Pass

No

If you’re moving on from Darnold, then you either make a blockbuster deal for Watson or take Wilson/Fields at #2.

Dak is a good QB, but he’s not part of that elite tier and sure as hell isn’t worth $40 million a year.

And after shredding his ankle, who knows if he’ll even regain his prior form.

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Nope. People need to realize that we have a rare opportunity to take a QB at #2. There is risk, but the best way for us to truly be competitive is with an elite QB on a rookie salary. 

Just like we had that rare opportunity to trade up to number three to pick the quarterback who we are looking to trade

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Dak is really good.  I still like a cheap QB on a rookie deal who might be great.  Can't see Dak making us better than he made the Cowboys.  

I would love to see how we grade out the 4 QB's after Lawrence.   We might be able to trade down and pick up a really good QB and a pick.  

Take Sams draft as an example.  If you didn't fall in love with any of them you could have moved down and taken random Allen/Rosen/Jackson and had a 67% chance of getting a really good NFL QB and a 33% chance of getting a bust.   By falling in love with Baker and Sam we had a 50% of getting a decent not great QB and a 50% chance of getting a bust.  

Don't fall in love work the draft and put the QB we draft in position to be succeed if he has it in him.  There are 4 likely 1st round QB's get one of them get another pick and do what it takes to give them a chance including letting them sit for awhile. 

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

No.

I rate Dak Prescott in the same category as Sam Darnold, Kirk Cousins, Matty Ice, Matt Stafford , Andy Dalton and Derek Carr.

Sammy Hagar has a really good voice but he ain't no David Lee Roth!

I can understand Dak, Cousins, Stafford, Carr, and even Ryan at 35 years old being in the same group (ranked somewhere between top 6 to top 15), but Sam Darnold has never had a good NFL season, and Andy Dalton averaged half the yards per game Dak did on the same team this last year.

• Upvote 1

I am really surprised.  KC's deal with Mahomes looks like the bargain of the century now that DAL is paying Prescott the same thing.  Jerry just can't let his toys slip away.  I don't see how they will be able to afford to put enough talent around Dak to challenge for the trophy and Dak isn't Patrick in that I don't think he can carry a team that isn't loaded.  We'll see.

The side story to this is I wonder how long until Deshaun Watson realizes his shiny new contract isn't market value anymore.  I wonder if trading for him is no longer as good a deal as it was yesterday and if that will affect the trade value.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand this at all. What makes Dak Prescott or the Russell Wilson "idea" (it's dumb) any different? A few shekels, of course, but that's about it. 

The Jets are not in a win now position in either scenario, with or without The Boot. "But, but, what about Watson?" It's a good thing Tannenbaum is only playing armchair GM these days.

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

Take Sams draft as an example.  If you didn't fall in love with any of them you could have moved down and taken random Allen/Rosen/Jackson and had a 67% chance of getting a really good NFL QB and a 33% chance of getting a bust.   By falling in love with Baker and Sam we had a 50% of getting a decent not great QB and a 50% chance of getting a bust.  

Yes.  My hope is Wilson and Fields both become great so it's impossible for us to F it up.   

Unless we Macc it and trade down or take a RT.