Jump to content

2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Joe has been open to everything. You don't have to trust me, trust Adam Schefter. Better yet, go watch the press conferences and trust his own words. Douglas has always said he would answer the phone. Are you really that naïve to think that Joe to think the 49ers didn't even try to gauge what it would cost for #2? Of course they did... people in the organization have said that moving out of the top 10 was a hard no way before this trade even went down, and being that Joe has been unwilling to negotiate gives people the sense that he's staying there. I don't necessarily disagree, but Joe hasn't been willing to negotiate on Sam either, so now we should assume he's not going anywhere either? Please. 

People working in the front office are very open with the fact that they don't fully know either because only one guy knows right now and that's Joe. They aren't guessing on the QB evaluation/trade process and it is widely known in their building. Right now, only one person knows which way he's leaning and that's Joe. Hell, Joe hasn't even told the coaches his plans but Peter King knows? GTFOH. You just come off as a being a pompous smartass with very little understanding how fluid the evaluation and decision-making process works. They have made a clear distinction between when they know something vs. when they're guessing, and as it relates to the Darnold vs. QB at #2 decision/trades, they have been in the meetings throughout the offseason, Peter King wasn't. I trust what they say, forgive me for not giving a sh*t what you or Peter King have to say. 

Not all your posts my cup of tea but I dug this one.  Don't take any sht.

Peter King... fffaaak him.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh man, @joewilly12 is gonna poop his depends.

I'm getting a little sick of seeing 100 different topics being created to discuss pretty much the same thing, so I figured make a thread where it can all go down in one spot, separate from the FA thre

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

According to Breer the 49ers were able to discern from their conversations about Darnold with the Jets that they were not going to trade out of the 2nd pick. I don't know how much clearer it can be.

That a grossly over simplified representation. Never mind the msg for 8 weeks was wait till prodays are done and that continuous narrative “for the right price...”  

whatever tho. You do you. “I don’t think” is maybe a better way to say what you’re saying. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That a grossly over simplified representation. Never mind the msg for 8 weeks was wait till prodays are done and that continuous narrative “for the right price...”  

whatever tho. You do you. “I don’t think” is maybe a better way to say what you’re saying. 

Let's not forget the physicals. Jets aren't committing to a QB that has had arm surgery without having their Drs. checking him out. Physicals are April 8-10

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter King is not the only person who says Wilson to the Jets is a lock tons of media have been saying  it.

Doesn’t mean it’s true but when you add in the fact the  Jets wouldn’t even entertain offers from the Niners it seems pretty obvious..

well except to people who don’t want Wilson and are trying to hold out hope that we’re gonna start  a QB next year who we can’t  give away right now.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 49ers have said they are taking jones, this is going to be the most boring draft in history everyone announcing their pick a month in advance. Falcons probably announce their pick tomorrow 😛

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No, just stop. The confirmation bias and selective memory stuff on JN is getting silly. 

wilson is the likely pick. Wilson is also not locked in. Peter King along with every one of else doesn’t know sh*t for sure. You probably know more than he does based on a few inside scoops here.  There is massive assumptions going on about SF, while totally disregarding Notions like the Jets have no interest in trading out of the top 10 (so why the Fck would they talk to SF) in addition to not finishing their proday and medicals. 

did you think JD was gonna hold on for 11 weeks and then in the final stretch of prodays say Fck it? Cmon.

nothing is final, yet.. but we’re close 

Hes seen enough of these QB’s by now a million times over.. If he does think Wilson is special and you can’t trade  the pick he would know by now..and probably does..

I don’t know why it’s hard to comprehend that he came to that conclusion but rather has no idea who he’s gonna pick after all this time..

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on..

At this point, it's looking like JD can't even get a 4th for Sam.

SF really gave up a 3 year haul of picks for #3 overall - when they could have had Sam for a #2.

We really need to stop with this idea that JD is now or was ever really not taking a QB at 2.

This was ALWAYS what he was going to do.  Sure he did his due diligence, he took his to make sure, listened to offers, but this really was the only logical move.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

The 49ers have said they are taking jones, this is going to be the most boring draft in history everyone announcing their pick a month in advance. Falcons probably announce their pick tomorrow 😛

There are Niners fans saying they think it’s Fields after Kyle’s interview a little while ago but from what I heard I didn’t get that at all..

 

I think it’s just Niners fans trying to convince themselves their taking Fields like some people here are trying to convince themselves we’re keeping Sam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, football guy said:

Joe has been open to everything. You don't have to trust me, trust Adam Schefter. Better yet, go watch the press conferences and trust his own words. Douglas has always said he would answer the phone. Are you really that naïve to think that Joe to think the 49ers didn't even try to gauge what it would cost for #2? Of course they did... people in the organization have said that moving out of the top 10 was a hard no way before this trade even went down, and being that Joe has been unwilling to negotiate gives people the sense that he's staying there. I don't necessarily disagree, but Joe hasn't been willing to negotiate on Sam either, so now we should assume he's not going anywhere either? Please. 

People working in the front office are very open with the fact that they don't fully know either because only one guy knows right now and that's Joe. They aren't guessing on the QB evaluation/trade process and it is widely known in their building. Right now, only one person knows which way he's leaning and that's Joe. Hell, Joe hasn't even told the coaches his plans but Peter King knows? GTFOH. You just come off as a being a pompous smartass with very little understanding how fluid the evaluation and decision-making process works. They have made a clear distinction between when they know something vs. when they're guessing, and as it relates to the Darnold vs. QB at #2 decision/trades, they have been in the meetings throughout the offseason, Peter King wasn't. I trust what they say, forgive me for not giving a sh*t what you or Peter King have to say. 

@RogerVick1980

@Jetsbb do you really have that much c*nt running thru in your veins that you insist on disagree with every insider here? Take your Ray Liotta lenses off, read what confirmation bias is and then Consider the tarot card readers on Twitter you’re taking your cues from. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

The 49ers have said they are taking jones, this is going to be the most boring draft in history everyone announcing their pick a month in advance. Falcons probably announce their pick tomorrow 😛

Years ago, the team with the first pick was allowed to negotiate with and sign their pick before the draft.  I believe if they signed a deal, the team at #2 could then proceed.  TV money killed that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RogerVick1980 said:

There are Niners fans saying they think it’s Fields after Kyle’s interview a little while ago but from what I heard I didn’t get that at all..

 

I think it’s just Niners fans trying to convince themselves their taking Fields like some people here are trying to convince themselves we’re keeping Sam.

Kyle said they are going to Jones pro day because they don't have to bluff anymore, the trade has been made. I don't think there is any doubt who they are picking. Lot of people are down on Mac I absolutely love him, his intelligence and ability to read defences trump's everything else for me, especially in Kyles offence.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Hes seen enough of these QB’s by now a million times over.. If he does think Wilson is special and you can’t trade  the pick he would know by now..and probably does..

I don’t know why it’s hard to comprehend that he came to that conclusion but rather has no idea who he’s gonna pick after all this time..

It’s not hard to comprehend. You’re just wrong on this, with regards to JD. I personally would have settled on a direction by now. But he hasn’t yet. He may have settled on what it would take to change his mind -sure but there’s a still a chapter left to read in this book. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Kyle said they are going to Jones pro day because they don't have to bluff anymore, the trade has been made. I don't think there is any doubt who they are picking. Lot of people are down on Mac I absolutely love him, his intelligence and ability to read defences trump's everything else for me, especially in Kyles offence.

I agree. I think Jones is going to be a really good pro QB, at a minimum. I don't know how anyone can watch his tape and not be impressed with his ability to read the field and get the ball out quickly and with great accuracy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

ALL signs point to: 

1. Wilson at #2 to the Jets

2. Darnold being traded for a crappy draft pick in the next several weeks.

All good by me. 

Thanks for checking in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slats said:

There hasn't been a single thing leaked about the Jets that would up being true so far. The belief in these reports in more faith than fact. Wilson is the likely pick, but no one's running up to the podium just yet. These guys are connecting dots, they don't know anything. 

They haven't done anything.  How can there be a leak proven to be true?

When Wilson is the pick we'll know the leaks were true.

Last year the entire planet knew they were taking a LT in the first round - and even a WR in the second.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • nycdan locked this topic
3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I agree. I think Jones is going to be a really good pro QB, at a minimum. I don't know how anyone can watch his tape and not be impressed with his ability to read the field and get the ball out quickly and with great accuracy.

I liked him too but the guys he was throwing too are top NFL prospects, I think I could've looked good with the weapons he had, those weapons won't translate the same into the NFL imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I agree. I think Jones is going to be a really good pro QB, at a minimum. I don't know how anyone can watch his tape and not be impressed with his ability to read the field and get the ball out quickly and with great accuracy.

Because he doesn't play like Mahomes and if you believe PFF or any media outlet like that players like Jones have no future in the nfl, complete rubbish in my opinion. I know it's easy to say now that he is going to the 49ers but I said before that Mac will have the best carrier of this batch of QBs.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Nothing is locked in yet. If SF really wants Wilson they can still move up to #2 by trading their 2nd round pick.

If Wilson is really so highly rated then it's a possibility that Atlanta makes JD a great deal and JD can still have his choice of any non-QB premium position player. That's if the Jets want to roll with Sam for one more year.

Only JD knows what he's going to and until he trades either Sam or the #2 OA we won't know for sure. We may have to wait until they're on the clock.

If Wilson is so highly rated then the most likely thing we do is take him. Seriously we have the 36th ranked QB in the NFL. Isn't rocket science to see that the Jets taking Wilson is close to a mortal lock. In addition, Lynch said that all 5 are close, so Carolina will probably look to Cincy as a trade partner and even see if in division Atlanta is willing. SF is not trading up to 2, they would have done that already

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Kyle said they are going to Jones pro day because they don't have to bluff anymore, the trade has been made. I don't think there is any doubt who they are picking. Lot of people are down on Mac I absolutely love him, his intelligence and ability to read defences trump's everything else for me, especially in Kyles offence.

Agreed.. I think he can move enough in that pocket with his feet and has enough pocket awareness that his lack of mobility won’t hurt him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The reason it seems the Jets continue to value these mobile QBs who can throw on the run and escape the pocket is because..... they can't create a pocket!!!  It's almost an acceptance that we're going to undervalue OLine and then expect our QB to be successful when running for his life.  Pocket passers are perfect for the NFL... if you can maintain a pocket most of the time.  It's almost like the Jets try to solve problems that they've created themselves by trying to find QBs that mask their OLine issues.

Recent Super Bowl QBs of just the past few years.... Brady (3x), Goff, Nick Foles, Matt Ryan, Garapolo.... all are primarily pocket passers and they're getting to the big game.  Is it me or Mahomes maybe the only exception to the recent set of Super Bowl QBs.

I would classify Wilson as a pocket passer that can run a little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s not hard to comprehend. You’re just wrong on this, with regards to JD. I personally would have settled on a direction by now. But he hasn’t yet. He may have settled on what it would take to change his mind -sure but there’s a still a chapter left to read in this book. 

I disagree but will see..I think JD knows how important a franchise QB is and the chance we get to pick this high again is slim..

It’s cool that people here have sources and all but it doesn’t mean those sources are always  right..

I still think part of it is some of you don’t want Wilson and are just hoping we don’t get him rather then look at what’s transpired and truly believe everything is still up in the air..

Will soon find out 

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, varjet said:

Let's say that Carolina dumps the truck onto the Jets' lap.  I think they make a very big offer-close to what they would have paid for Watson.

1-Who do you think Carolina takes at 2?   I don't think its Wilson.  

2-Let's say its not Wilson.  Who does SF take at 3?

Umm, if they want someone other than Wilson trade with Cincinnati. Would be WAY cheaper. Trading to 2 at this point does not seem to make any sense because the 49ers are likely taking Jones, which means either Lance or Fields is there at 5 maybe both, and 8 to 5 costs only a 2nd rounder. So it is literally 2 first rounders at least less expensive to go to 5. And Cincinatti still gets an an elite player, The Miami and Philly moves sort of lock us into 2. 

Also think about this: The Jets by all accounts are really high on Wilson. Carolina comes and offers three firsts and a second. A gigantic haul. Doesn't that make you even more confident that Wilson will be a franchise guy?

JD has stated he would not trade a FQB for anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

According to Breer the 49ers were able to discern from their conversations about Darnold with the Jets that they were not going to trade out of the 2nd pick. I don't know how much clearer it can be.

Allbright also said the Jets are not even hiding the fact that they are taking Wilson,

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

I disagree but will see..I think JD knows how important a franchise QB is and the chance we get to pick this high again is slim..

It’s cool that people here have sources and all but it doesn’t mean those sources are always  right..

I still think part of it is some of you don’t want Wilson and are just hoping we don’t get him rather then look at what’s transpired and truly believe everything is still up in the air..

Will soon find out 

 

It's funny. Have watched several things and read some tweets where 49er fans are thinking of all these bizarre ways they get Wilson, but so many here already hate him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...