Mike Lombardi Interview on Moose and Maggie

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I feel like I'm always protecting this kid...but I think it's only because I've done the research into him.

He's very likable, he works very hard (eats and sleeps football) close with his family, friends love him, humble, works regularl jobs in the off-season to earn money etc...Nothing spoiled or obnoxious about this kid.

This is great article with some real background info..It's super long...

but if you want to get to know our future QB it's worth reading.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/1/3/22195624/byu-football-zach-wilson-lds-mormon-heisman-finalists-nfl-draft-2021-john-beck-3dqb-camp

Adding one quote:

Amy Rex told the Deseret News that Wilson stayed at their home during all his training sessions with Beck and 3DQB and the negative descriptions were not even close to being accurate.

“He is the least-entitled, least-pretentious, most humble, hard-working kid I’ve ever met,” Amy Rex said. “He would literally show up at our house with gas station food — Top Ramen, peanut butter, a loaf of bread and instant oatmeal, because he was worried about being a ‘burden’ while he was at my house.”

She insisted that Wilson eat her famous Kalua pork dishes and protein pancakes. Last Mother’s Day, Wilson worked all day for DoorDash, delivering food in Anaheim to earn the money needed to pay for his training sessions.

“Zach is one of the most polite and respectful kids I have ever met. He takes no days off. I witnessed his work ethic and willingness to personally sacrifice to improve his game firsthand. We will miss having him in our home but feel blessed and grateful for the example he set for my sons.” — Amy Rex

“Zach is one of the most polite and respectful kids I have ever met,” she said. “He takes no days off. I witnessed his work ethic and willingness to personally sacrifice to improve his game firsthand. We will miss having him in our home but feel blessed and grateful for the example he set for my sons.”

There you go.  This kid will be a star for the Jets.  He is maniac who strives for excellence.  Not interested in eating hot dogs and sniffing on Kate Upton.

• Haha 2

This guy literally kisses Belichicks ring for a living. The thought of this guy AND Moose AND Maggie in one interview is just nauseating. It’s hilarious to think of anyone putting stock in what these 3 have to say. “Alpha male”?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Lombardi is a Pats jock sniffer who has failed at everything he's done since leaving there.

He may or may not be right about various items there but he's one of the least biased sources out there.

he was also coffee boy for Al Davis for a number of years.  His analysis isn't bad.  His opinions are awful

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Mike Lombardi was given one opportunity to run a draft and this is what he did with it, so excuse me for not really caring about what he has to say:

DD1B2AAA-6970-46C9-BB7D-B648E0067E63.thumb.jpeg.8d562708e52a9c728d6e14d5b3537bb5.jpeg

I remember JN had some Mingo fan boys here leading up to that draft....

6 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Tidbits:

1) reports are that Saleh preferred to keep Darnold and build around him over Wilson 

2) Lombardi would have traded back and drafted Sewell 

3) Lombardi has not liked what he had seen from Darnold with the Jets. 

4) Lombardi likes Darnolds leadership. Doesn’t think that Wilson is an Alpha Male.

5) Jets didn’t utilize their cap advantage to its full extent. 

6) Patriots were aggressive because they signed players 20% cheaper than they would in a normal offseason. 

7) Patriots are smarter than everyone else 

8 ) College scouts like Joe Douglas over value draft picks and don’t know about team building. 

the only thing i agree with is that Douglas does values picks too much. he trades down too much. 

21 picks in 2 year? thats enough

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

the only thing i agree with is that Douglas does values picks too much. he trades down too much. 

21 picks in 2 year? thats enough

Some people here didn’t think so..

In fact they thought we had to pass on Wilson because no way  do we have have enough picks to draft him and  then build around him  

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed - and I'm not the biggest Wilson fan in the world, btw. 

But, what I'm saying is, everyone speaking glowingly about Sam as a person isn't necessarily a good thing. A lot of people don't like Aaron Rodgers, for example. I think being a little bit of a prick can be ok. 

Brady doesn't have many friends either, so do we want a nice guy or a guys who wins?. This is not a fr!ggin popularity contest.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Some people here didn’t think so..

In fact they thought we had to pass on Wilson because no way  do we have have enough picks to draft him and  then build around him  

i seen that. people here wanting more trade downs for more picks..

and JD loves it too that makes me wonder why he needs so many. is he not confident in his drafting abilities that he needs 100 shots at it.

i know the draft is a crap shoot but 21 picks should be enough.

Tidbits:
1) reports are that Saleh preferred to keep Darnold and build around him over Wilson 
4) Lombardi likes Darnolds leadership. Doesn’t think that Wilson is an Alpha Male.
6) Patriots were aggressive because they signed players 20% cheaper than they would in a normal offseason. 
8 ) College scouts like Joe Douglas over value draft picks and don’t know about team building. 

Apparently giving Nelson Agholor 13m/year is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Tidbits:

Dear Giants Troll, Do you EVER start any threads that have a positive spin on the Jets? This is yet another of your many negative Jets threads. 

39 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Good one Tranquilo, that one gave me a good laugh tonight after 1st being pissed on another close Knicks loss, then someone aggravating me very much from work late tonight I might add. 

That game really pissed me off too. Too many close losses. 

20 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Tidbits:

Well then this guy is full of it.