Breer On Douglas And Saleh's Staff

KRL

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Great to read. 

Theres no denying that every word of that is meaningless if it doesnt translate to the field, but this organization has not had a GM, HC and staff all on the same page as far as I can remember.  Culture in a organization is a real thing, and when you see JD's team and Saleh's team all working together it increases the chances of hitting on free agents and draft picks.  

Last time was probably Tanny and Mangini but, unfortunately, they both sucked. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Great to read. 

Theres no denying that every word of that is meaningless if it doesnt translate to the field, but this organization has not had a GM, HC and staff all on the same page as far as I can remember.  Culture in a organization is a real thing, and when you see JD's team and Saleh's team all working together it increases the chances of hitting on free agents and draft picks.  

Ryan and Tannenbaum (early) were probably unified, before that it was when Parcells was HC and GM

I’m somewhere in the middle here. Obviously Douglas is happy about the hire, but I do like the defensive philosophy and while the offensive system isn’t my favorite (yet - I like spreading the field a little more) it’s hard to argue with the results and I’ll take a capable offense if they can piece one together.

The old defensive philosophies being more outside in never really seemed optimal to me, lots of smoke and mirrors versus just finding guys who could get after the QB, and Gase’s version of smoke and mirrors was just the narrative around him being a successful coach IMO.

For a change there seems to be alignment and a common understanding between how the coach wants to coach, the players needed and the GM.  This is such an upgrade from previous regimes and will have a significant impact on the yield we get from draft classes.

Matching players to scheme, etc. is why the Ravens, Steelers always restock through the draft and have great success.  They know what to look for.  We haven't had that.  We've been the poster child for not getting value from the draft.

I believe JD when he says he can go out and find players that fit the mold.  With 21 picks coming up I'm very optimistic we are going to have a team that continues to improve year to year.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

"I especially believe in Coach Gase," Douglas said, even though the Jets went 7-9 in the coach's first season at the helm, per Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. "I believe he's the right coach to lead this team. I feel really good about where we are with him and his leadership."

Ehhhh that's a stale response in a press conference. Doesn't count. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

We're due. Chiefs had a bunch of sh*t for many years, the Pats had a bunch of sh*t, the Saints had a bunch of sh*t. Hopefully we got this one right.

Yea, the experience, philosophies and even physical appearance of Reid and Saleh are nearly identical. If you put them next to each other, I couldn't tell them apart. 

• Haha 1

We don't play games on paper, but on paper, the stars are finally aligned. We have a GM that most of us seem pleased with, or at least optimistic about. He got to choose his head coach, which most of us, if not all of us are please with. We have the correct organizational structure with the GM reporting to the owner and the head coach reporting to the GM. The head coach got to build his own staff. We have cap space.  We have our choice of Zach Wilson or Zach Wilson with our 2nd overall pick. We have multiple day one and two draft picks in 2021 and 2022.

In other words, JD has no excuses for this team not to vastly improve in 2021 and to start competing for a division title in 2022. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

All I'm asking for is to be interested in Jets football in....say....late November.  I'm not even asking for December this year....just make me interested through Thanksgiving.

Baby steps

Right? It’s literally been years since we weren’t  a complete laughing stock by Halloween.

This last time this forum was talking about the Jets snagging a playoff spot in November and December was 2015.

Now all this place talks about in late fall is draft position. Because after all, the draft has really helped this team 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

"I especially believe in Coach Gase," Douglas said, even though the Jets went 7-9 in the coach's first season at the helm, per Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. "I believe he's the right coach to lead this team. I feel really good about where we are with him and his leadership."

While he was still working under JD and the Jets that was the answer to a question?  You expect him to trash the HC and staff? 

And this isnt close to gushing.  Its the usual kiss of death 

• Upvote 2