Sign Richard Sherman and Draft Caleb Farley

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sherman is old and one step out of the league.

Farley is a huge ?  Sat out a year then has to skip all his off season work out stuff due to a bad back.

A big fat no to both (and I am one of the few on here who do indeed feel we need CBS)

At least we agree on that.

I didn't know much about Farley prior to this pre-draft season other than the back surgery and subsequently dropping because of the injury concerns. 

A couple days ago I heard an interview with Farley on NFL radio and I've gotta admit that by the end of it, I can't help but really like the kid. Every once and awhile I hear an interview with a player that just makes me want to root for him, whether he's a Jet or not. After hearing this interview, there's just something about him... I wouldn't be unhappy if he ended up being the Jets pick if he falls that far. He just has the kind of attitude that makes him easy to root for. Says he isn't angry about falling due to medical rumors (he claims are overblown/not accurate), instead he says he's really excited for the team that's going to get amazing value when they select him. Instead of making it all about him, he talked about being happy happy for opportunity to make a "lucky team" better. 

Idk. I'm doing a sh*t job of articulating what I mean. There's just something about him I can't help but root for. 

i agree with everyone on Farley and Sheman.

but i still would like Sherman as a mentor.

i have been advocating drafting a CB at 23 or 34. but many of you guys shoot that idea down for offense. if fact some of you dont care if the other team scores 50 points on us.

well if thats the case then i rather have Sherman out there. he would be a great locker room presence. show us how to win. help change the culture. and could teach the young CBs of the future a few things. 

this isnt about his on field talent. i agree with you guys on that. but if were not going to use a high draft pick on one, and JD isnt going to pay enough to get a good FA one here, then why not. 

4 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

guys, these players are not cyborgs. Back injuries do not get better, trust me. I wouldn't touch Farley

It's definitely a risk and it's why he would be available for us, but not all back surgery is the same. Especially when you get the treatment pro athletes get.

Teams passed on Michael Porter Jr out of college and he's been perfectly healthy in the NBA and turning into a stud. You watch him play and you would never know he had back surgery.

Caleb Farley is not just good but he's "good-good." Ja'Marr Chase and Gregory Rousseau are two great prospects who sat out and had one great season. Farley on the other hand had two great seasons before opting out. Dude was basically waiting to be draft eligible. I'm not doctor but reports has it that his back condition isn't serious according to numerous team doctors that checked him out. Should still go in the 1st round however if he falls like Gronk did then he'll definitely be a steal.

My one problem with him is he's a matchup CB. He's not going to matchup against a team number one WR if such WR isn't a certain size. He'll guard Allen Robinson or Golladay but you wont see him against the intermediate or smaller WRs.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I don’t see Douglas taking that risk at 23, it’s going to be Oline or he trades out if the value as gone.

He needs to go WR at 23.  Way too many good options and it’s still a position of need

No matter what we do I expect a bottom 5 secondary next season yet again

Early picks on defense should be invested on Edge for our defense. If we are going to be a high blitz man coverage team, than investing high picks on corner would make sense. But all indications are that we will be a heavy zone coverage team. Better to get a scheme specific corner in the 3rd.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He needs to go WR at 23.  Way too many good options and it’s still a position of need

No matter what we do I expect a bottom 5 secondary next season yet again

No I disagree, lots of receivers in this draft. Not a lot of quality Oline. I want Wilson alive by midsession. Let’s get the line fixed before we start adding luxury picks.