Zach Wilson could Baker Mayfield Trevor Lawrence

Dunnie

8 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

As the long awaited draft draws closer, I’m starting to get this feeling that something screwy is going to happen. Either Jax is going to pull a stunner and take Wilson or the Jets will trade the #2 pick to the Niners.

I’d be so down for that! 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

As the long awaited draft draws closer, I’m starting to get this feeling that something screwy is going to happen. Either Jax is going to pull a stunner and take Wilson or the Jets will trade the #2 pick to the Niners.

That train left the station with the Sam Darnold trade.

Trevor Lawrence is not only a prototypical once in every 10 years prospect but he also sells season tickets and jerseys at a much higher rate than anyone else .He’s also a Bible Belt type going to a Bible Belt part of the country, no way could they or would they not draft him.

if Justin Fields wasn’t taking meds for epilepsy, which I think was probably known by a lot of teams long before his announcement, you could argue that Jets should consider both he and Wilson to the bitter end before they made the choice but contrary to the reports, Fields affliction can get worse and become an issue and that pretty much pushes the scale towards taking Zach.

I think Fields has the greater upside but can’t see JD switching , especially after the health announcement.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I can't wait until Urban pulls his 

Fred Sanford GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

It's classic.....

Hey Urban is like many smart Coaches who always put themselves in a situation where they almost can’t look bad and then leave just as the situation might get worse.

Tuna was a genius in that regard, Pat Riley, many others, get there when they are way down  and get out on top.

5 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

He’s also a Bible Belt type going to a Bible Belt part of the country, no way could they or would they not draft him.

You're just saying stuff. Lawrence would be the same absolute lock to be first pick if he was indifferent about religion - or if, say, Chicago or Seattle or LA had the first pick. Or us. 

But that's the easy part. The hard part will be for Lawrence to meet expectations. History shows there's no guarantees for any player.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Funny thing is that small school has produced 2 Bowl winning QB's one of which is in the HOF,, USC and OSU have zero..

Not a criticism of you, but I just don't get the latest idea that BYU is a "small school." They play in a 65,000 seat stadium, for starters. It's just another absurd claim from the anti-Zack crowd. They try to make it sound like he played at Colgate.And by the way, the UCF team he torched in one half has 3 DB's who will probably be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds, if not higher.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, sackdance said:

You're just saying stuff. Lawrence would be the same absolute lock to be first pick if he was indifferent about religion - or if, say, Chicago or Seattle or LA had the first pick. Or us. 

But that's the easy part. The hard part will be for Lawrence to meet expectations. History shows there's no guarantees for any player.

I was responding to the idea that Jax would suddenly switch and draft a different QB , they won’t. 

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

Not a criticism of you, but I just don't get the latest idea that BYU is a "small school." They play in a 65,000 seat stadium, for starters. It's just another absurd claim from the anti-Zack crowd. They try to make it sound like he played at Colgate.And by the way, the UCF team he torched in one half has 3 DB's who will probably be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds, if not higher.

Their level of alumni sport fanaticism is friggin' bonkers.  I went to a local WCC basketball game a few years ago.  Before I knew it I was surrounded by "1984 National Championship" t-shirts.  And look alike families featuring around 10 or more people each going "rah rah rah!"  It got so stifling that I decided to cut out early and there was a cable A/V truck parked outside for their regional sports network with lines of people waiting to get in.  Guess a religious affiliation helps with sports branding. 

They supposedly want to join the Pac-12.  But I think to seem to be doing fine as an independent. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Just sayin' what most are afraid of ... The Jets have never been in such a win win  scenario.

No shot !!!! Trevor has the Playbook and follows every Jaguars player ! Urban Meyer  only took job for him. Baker Went 1 because there wasn’t a number 1 QB ranked that year 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Cbucco19 said:

No shot !!!! Trevor has the Playbook and follows every Jaguars player ! Urban Meyer  only took job for him. Baker Went 1 because there wasn’t a number 1 QB ranked that year 

Probably tru .... .and probably more likely that we pick Sewell as a huge surprise pick.

• Haha 1

Totally different scenario 

It was a shocker because most people thought the browns were juggling Darnold and Allen. But make no mistake about it, it was a total mystery who they were gonna pick... unlike jax who has only been tied to Lawrence from day 1. Now, if the Jets held the #1 pick I think there would be a very very good chance that they would still go Wilson.

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

It the former happens, the Jags are going to have to send someone to Trevor’s house to retrieve their playbook

44 minutes ago, section314 said:

My favorite criticism is that he's somehow "small". LOL

Hes similar size or bigger than:

Namath

Stabler

McMahon

Montana

Young

Rodgers

Mayfield

Tua

Murray

...and a sh*toad more qbs past and present.

Hes shorter but the same weight as Burrow...hell, Bernie Kosar was considered a "tough guy", dude was 6'4ish and skinny as a rail (215 soaking wet).

Football Jesus (Lawrence) is 6'6, 220. LOL Mr. Stickman.  

Guys just finding reasons to hate the most talented passer in the draft.

Weird. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My criticism is that he's somehow "small". LOL

Hes similar size or bigger than:

Namath

Stabler

McMahon

Montana

Young

Rodgers

Mayfield

Tua

Murray

Hes shorter but the same weight as Burrow...hell, Bernie Kosar was considered a "tough guy", dude was 6'4ish and skinny as a rail (215 soaking wet)

Guys just finding reasons to hate the most talented passer in the draft.

Weird. 

Yeah, it's totally out of the realm of possibility that he could ever put on 5-10 lbs more over 10-12 years. Just don't get it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leftylarry said:

Hey Urban is like many smart Coaches who always put themselves in a situation where they almost can’t look bad and then leave just as the situation might get worse.

Tuna was a genius in that regard, Pat Riley, many others, get there when they are way down  and get out on top.

"I'm not going to be the coach of Alabama"

nicholas-saban-e1482324403778.jpg?w=285

• Haha 3