Michael Carter = Maurice Jones Drew

Just because Carter split carries with an awesome Williams, doesn't mean he's not an immediate day 1 NFL starting RB. 

UNC imo had the best RB duo within the entire Country. 

What makes this Carter pick exciting for me (I wanted Kenneth Gainwell) is that JD had a full day in-between yesterday and today in order to make his favorite pick with the 2nd pick of the 4th round: and he took this kid with no hesitation. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Jones-drew had calves the size of most peoples thighs and thighs the size of most peoples waist. The D Freeman comparisons are pretty good though

Yeah, I had the OP confused with CEH not MJD.  

MJD ran like a 4.3.  

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

Rice was a good player. Why tf would I be referring to the off field sh*t? Grow tf up

Haha seriously. I came here to make the same comparison. They're pretty similar on the field which would be a great thing for the Jets.

He's nothing like MJD, who had enough power to lower his shoulder and run through linebackers at times. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I wrote that he reminded me of Emmitt Smith but I think your comparison is much closer than mine. Good call Ghost all I know is this kid looks A-MAZ-ING!

I’ll settle for either one ?

• Upvote 1

Actually I think he's a lot like Leon Washington. When used properly, he's a spark plug on all three downs and I'd have loved to see Leon in this system. 

MJD had an amazing career, I'm not expecting Carter to be a workhorse. I'm saying for the next 4 years or so we have a dynamic playmaker at RB for 10-12 touches a game. I'm good with that.

Hopefully we can find someone productive for the other 10-12 touches at RB. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Actually I think he's a lot like Leon Washington. When used properly, he's a spark plug on all three downs and I'd have loved to see Leon in this system. 

MJD had an amazing career, I'm not expecting Carter to be a workhorse. I'm saying for the next 4 years or so we have a dynamic playmaker at RB for 10-12 touches a game. I'm good with that.

I have to agree.  Hes a Leon Washington clone.  If I remember correctly, leon was a 4th round pick too.

• Upvote 3

Carter is a big play back.  In 2020 he lead the nation with 29 carries of 20+ yards.  And has good receiving skills too.  A very good complement to the other backs.  

So...along with Moore...Carter is another explosive weapon for this WCO.  Add to these two...Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Keelan Cole, and Jamison Crowder.  Jets offense is no longer a pushover. 

Be even better if Herndon decided to play up to his talents.  Maybe the signing of Kenny Yeboah will help Herndon decide.  Cause this offense is just a productive TE away from being a good one. 

• Upvote 3

Hes got leon washington/darren sproles type abilities.  Hes not a true #1.  I could see him and perine splitting the majority of the carries this year.
Dont get me wrong though.  He is going to be dynamite for us!
We could call that combo ... The Tortoise and the Hare.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

Jones-drew had calves the size of most peoples thighs and thighs the size of most peoples waist. The D Freeman comparisons are pretty good though

this. look at this guy body...prob one of a kind in the history of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ghost said:

I promise you!!! 

Mjd was a bowling ball... This guy is not... Ray Rice might be closer to comparison... But Mc would need to put on 20 pounds... Mjd was like 235 and the same height... This guy is barely 200...

So he will never be Mjd but has a chance to be elite. 

Their games are not that similar

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Mjd was a bowling ball... This guy is not... Ray Rice might be closer to comparison... But Mc would need to put on 20 pounds... Mjd was like 235 and the same height... This guy is barely 200...

So he will never be Mjd but has a chance to be elite. 

Their games are not that similar

MJD’s weight in college was 206-210. That’s what I’m getting online. 

ive been watching a bunch of games, Javonte is def the more prototype back (he just looks like one of those denver backs)....Carter will need to be used more strategically...kind of remind me of a rich mans leon washington.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Agree 100%.  MoJo was a straight up beast, legs like tree trunks, his power, quickness and top end speed was rare. I dont want put that on Carter, I dont see it.  Leon?  The guy who picked him, spot on.  I think they're very similar.  

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

ive been watching a bunch of games, Javonte is def the more prototype back (he just looks like one of those denver backs)....Carter will need to be used more strategically...kind of remind me of a rich mans leon washington.

Leon was really really good. If he's Leon then we struck gold in the 4th round...again. 

• Upvote 3