Going to the Saints game and booked a room in Newark....

13 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

You'll be fine. For whatever it's worth the visiting teams stay in Jersey City. Easy to hop over to Manhattan then. Newark is fine though.

Is that new because the visiting teams always used to stay in the hotel in the meadowlands(I think it was a Sheraton).

37 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

If you have interest in doing more than just coming to the game, Newark or JC will have more for you to do. If you want to hit Manhattan at all, the JC Westin is where the visiting teams stays I'm pretty sure. Make sure to call their rooms at 4 AM.

That restaurant Battello is right down the pier from the JC Westin- that place is sick, a lot of visiting teams go there 

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Doubletreee at Newark Penn Station

Was that a stupid thing to do?  Should I cancel and re-book somewhere else?

You will be fine. That’s a nice little part of newark. Seton hall law school is across the street. Some nice bars and restaurants around as well

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Is that new because the visiting teams always used to stay in the hotel in the meadowlands(I think it was a Sheraton).

Same hotel, but Hilton bought it several years ago. Great brunch there for rainy or too cold Sundays when tailgating was stupid.. Not sure where visiting team stays.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Doubletreee at Newark Penn Station

Was that a stupid thing to do?  Should I cancel and re-book somewhere else?

Are you renting a car? If so  no reason to stay at doubletree, which is a fine hotel BTW. But driving in and out of Newark blows so if you're renting a car, probably better to stay at one of the hotels near the stadium like the Hilton.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Are you renting a car? If so  no reason to stay at doubletree, which is a fine hotel BTW. But driving in and out of Newark blows so if you're renting a car, probably better to stay at one of the hotels near the stadium like the Hilton.

Thanks!  Not renting a car.

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

So true. Have done road trips to all three, Nashville twice. Nothing better than the walk over the Cumberland River Bridge to the stadium in Nashville.

I only visited Nashville for a conference a number of years ago.  Just loved the way that place was layed out.  Big ass convention center downtown, hockey rink a block or so away, football stadium just across the river and then all the other Nashville attractions right there as well.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I only visited Nashville for a conference a number of years ago.  Just loved the way that place was layed out.  Big ass convention center downtown, hockey rink a block or so away, football stadium just across the river and then all the other Nashville attractions right there as well.

One of my favorite cities.First trip, saw Cheap Trick and Aerosmith at the Bridgestone. Just love Nashville. If you can't have fun there, you should probably be in serious therapy.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, section314 said:

So true. Have done road trips to all three, Nashville twice. Nothing better than the walk over the Cumberland River Bridge to the stadium in Nashville.

Yup. One of the things I love about road trips is trying to stay within walking distance of the stadium.  Nothing better than an easy walk to and from the stadium. Planning to get to Indy this year -- another city that is really well set up with a ton of hotels within a few blocks of the stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1