Zach the Knife.. and current state of the New N.Y. JETS

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

White jeans/pants in general are awesome. Anyone who states otherwise is just jealous they can't rock'em themselves.

I have to admit the hog dog thing while beating the Raiders 38-0 was pretty funny...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't put words in my mouth. 

I never said that people couldn't talk about Becton's "foot".

What I did say was disgusting, is fans labeling him as "injury prone". 

3 full years @ Louisville without a single game missed due to "injury"

and

as a Rookie he player in a FULL 12 games (and looked absolutely dominant). 

But yet he's now being labeled as injury prone all because he missed two genes and left another two early?

Still doesn't change the fact that he played in 12 full games as a Rookie after playing 3 years of 0 missed games @ Louisville due to "injury". 

So yes.

A handful of fans calling him "injury prone" is absolutely disgusting

And in regards to his foot here in only June? It's no big deal. It's a non-story.

Don't believe me? Just listen to his HC in Robert Saleh... And see for yourself (word for word). 

"Becton's dealing with a foot and its nothig that needs surgery (it's really not that big of a deal).

But as you guys all know he's a very large human being (so we've asked him to stay off of  of his feet so we keep him inside during practice)

but he's been in meetings, he's been doing workouts, he's been doing all that; so he's fine". 

But yet drama Queen fans are trying to make it seem as if it's a "BIG DEAL" and/or Becton was "too hurt and pulled himself out of OTAs". 

Etc. 

no he’s not injury prone………yet.   If he doesn’t lose weight he will be.   He is not on a good path though.

7 minutes ago, Beaver said:

no he’s not injury prone………yet.   If he doesn’t lose weight he will be.   He is not on a good path though.

He played in 12 (full) games as a Rookie last year; despite not having an off-season due to a global pandemic. 

He looked like the most dominant JET I've seen since #24 too. 

And that whole losing weight thing can be said about each and every single NFL Offensive Lineman within the game today...

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He played in 12 (full) games as a Rookie last year; despite not having an off-season due to a global pandemic. 

And that whole losing weight thing can be said about each and every single NFL Offensive Lineman within the game today...

You do realize the season last year was 16 games right? You keep saying he played in 12 full games which means he didn’t in 4 games. He also had the same off season as every other rookie and player in the league. I like the kid and think he has a ton of talent but he does need to work on his conditioning if he wants to have a long and successful career.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Joejet said:

You do realize the season last year was 16 games right? You keep saying he played in 12 full games which means he didn’t in 4 games. He also had the same off season as every other rookie and player in the league. I like the kid and think he has a ton of talent but he does need to work on his conditioning if he wants to have a long and successful career.

I say 12 full games because if I wanted to be technical I could just say he lined up and played and started in 14 games (because he did). 

However he gave us 12 games of dominance.

Joe Burrow: 6 games missed. 

Jeff Okudah: 7 games missed. 

Etc. Etc. 

MEKHI BECTON wasn't the only 1st round Rookie to miss games last year ?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

God there is still so much time for me to get in trouble in this thread.

And I haven't even started in on DWC and his nonsense.

@Defense Wins Championships

I'm basically in agreement with you on Becton .... He is not a problem yet...

But on the other hand the hint of a trend is forming with him missing time last year and already having talks of a boo boo this year.

However your uncanny ability to turn everyone on the board against you and your position is awe inspiring. I'm nothing if not impressed by this skill.

You're knack for saying what could be said  in 5 words in 4923 words is uncanny. 

I missed you while you were on sabbatical. I'm glad your back from the gulag to irritate the irascible.

132 words in what you could've said in 5 words? 

You're not a good teacher...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"My man"?

A.) I'm not your man. 

B.) You're not my man. 

C.) You calling me "my man" sounds, GAY. 

D.) Watch how you refer to me. 

E.) See what I did there?

The Jets are MY favorite team and a part of MY heart since my NY childhood days.

So I can refer to them however which way I want to. 

And childish? Sports keeps me young at heart so to each our own...

And I've posted on JI/JN/TGG for damn near 20 years now and back then? Us Jet fans loved to talk football with paragraphs within the form of articles. 

These days? A lot of fans (maybe such as yourself) use the TWITTER method style of posting consisting of nothing but one line fillers. 

Look. You want to talk Football? Come to JN. You want to one line filler with no content? Go to TWITTER. 

Who made you God and allowed you to tell others how to be fans? 

I guess professional sports writers "don't know what they're talking about" either since their articles are full of paragraphs.

You know who doesn't know what their talking about? Twitter fans. Because they only know how to talk sports with 1 line fillers at a time. 

No thnx you. 

Reported for homophobic slander.  
Grow up.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He played less snaps than Sam Darnold.   I’m not questioning his play.   I like him a lot, but he is definitely a lot heavier than most other lineman and it’s not due to his height.   His weight was an issue in College and it’s an issue now.   I think if his weight comes down to around 340 he will be in good shape and have a lot less injuries.   

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Beaver said:

He played less snaps than Sam Darnold.   I’m not questioning his play.   I like him a lot, but he is definitely a lot heavier than most other lineman and it’s not due to his height.   His weight was an issue in College and it’s an issue now.   I think if his weight comes down to around 340 he will be in good shape and have a lot less injuries.   

We also have to consider that his parents own a soul food catering business? I would imagine the big man can eat LOL! In fact between Moms and Pops and Mekhi, I'd say you're looking at about a good half a ton.

All kidding aside when he came out it was noted that he did have an eating disorder and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't his foot.

That being said none of us are perfect and we all got something..right? I just hope the young man straightens it out, stays healthy and can have a good career.

He's got all the tools so it's Mekhi vs. Mekhi. Discipline and willpower... are both easier said than done.

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Now lets see this turn into wins for the team

I'd like to say that I'm going into almost three decades now of jet fandom. I'll be watching the team and the pressers and reading about them no matter what.

Sam Darnold ( who's a really good Surfer and has really nice parents) throwing the ball to Breshad Perriman (thanks for stopping by for a cup of coffee we hardly knew ye)  and Joe Flacco ( I have a really tight butthole) didn't really feel like Jets to me. LOL!

You and I both know there are many variables that contribute to the wins and losses of a season. It could be weather, injuries, schedule Etc.

I go back to the 2015 season as an example because those guys were actually friends. You could feel the camaraderie and it was enjoyable to watch. If you can find the clip of Mangold photobombing Fitzmagic it's classic.

I'm going to be watching anyway I just want to actually like the guys that I'm rooting for. After this many years it's personal. You feel what I'm saying?

When I'm watching the game and we suck I don't shut it off I keep watching and I watch the Presser. Maybe that's just me maybe I'm the outlier? Of course I want us to win I root for our team to win.

I want to like the guys that I'm rooting for and I want them to actually like each other. I also would like if they could appreciate what being a die-hard New York fan is all about.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude. Shut up already. 

And stop putting words into my mouth. 

I never called anyone Gay (to each our own) and never once have I ever mentioned hating people who are gay (so stop putting words in my mouth). 

And PS I was mocking his "my man" term due to him correcting me for saying my, our, mine etc when referring to our Jets. 

But never once did I call him gay and never once did I say I hate gay people.

(So stop lying, accusing and putting words in my mouth). 

You must be a blast at parties.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beaver said:

He played less snaps than Sam Darnold.   I’m not questioning his play.   I like him a lot, but he is definitely a lot heavier than most other lineman and it’s not due to his height.  

His weight was an issue in College and it’s an issue now.  

I think if his weight comes down to around 340 he will be in good shape and have a lot less injuries.   

Ok. And he played more snaps than guys like Julio Jones and Denzel Mims and hundreds of others so what's your point, other than injuries happen in Football, did he require any type of surgery? No. 

At the end of the day he liked up and started in 14 games (left two early) and completed a full 12 games of dominant play.

Your snap count method is flawed. He would've played a lot more "snaps" with a QB who could A) keep drives alive and B.) A defense who could actually, get off the field (add another 100+ snaps for him on any other team). 

Playing in 12 full games (14 starts) is more than most NFL players (especially ROOKIES) could ever hope for. 

And his weight has nothing to do with his height? Funny. Because I bet you can not list me 20 NFL players (Offensive Lineman or not) who's taller than 6'7...

And his weight being an "issue" in college is completely false because...

A.) He never missed a single game in College due to injury/weight throughout 3 full years of starting @ Louisville. 

B.) Never even committed a single Offensive Penalty while @ Louisville. 

C ) During the first 4 games of the 2017 season, Becton was the highest rated freshman in the country by Pro Football Focus, and during the 7 he was the best pass-blocker in the ACC, allowing only 6 pressures in 312 snaps. Becton was named a starting tackle for the 2018 season and started every game, bringing his total number of games started to 23 by the end of the season and Becton was again named a starting tackle for the 2019 season; where he received first team All-ACC honors after the conclusion of the regular season). 

D.) His 5.1 40x was one of the fastest 40's ever recorded by an Offensive Lineman. 

So please reiterate for me how his weight was an issue in college, when it obviously never was...

• Thumb Down 1

On 6/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

First off let me start by saying that for the last few years on social media, on this message board, and calling into the Sports radio shows, I have stated that if you play for the NYJ you have to understand New York. This is a much different place to live and play, it's like nowhere else.

I've also stated that what separates Zach from the other QBs in the draft and our previous QB's on the Jets is his interviews. He's intelligent he's introspective he thinks on his feet. No more robotic answers like day in and day out it's a process and I just have to keep working to get better and control what I can control.

I haven't seen this kid put the Jersey on and throw a pass in a live game yet, but I already like him more than every QB we've had in the last two decades. If just for the simple fact that he can handle New York.

Sam Darnold was holed up in his apartment playing surfing games on PS4. Geno Smith took a picture of his weiner and got punched in the face, Sanchez was eating a hot dog and wearing white jeans...umm nope.

I've listened to a few of Zach's interviews where the New York media tried to bait him into saying something stupid, and at 21 years old he totally caught on to it and threw down the manly kibosh. Most impressive.

Listen to the interview with Carton during the Hot Mom segment and you'll see what I mean.

I'm loving the fact that Joe Douglas is out at the Nets game taking pictures with what looks like Schwarzeneggers Sons lol.. wearing a Hitman Hart t-shirt. The rest of the boys are becoming New Yorkers and getting a feel for what that means out drinkin beers at the Islanders playoff games, being part of and cheering with the rest of the New York crowd.

This is a more loose, homegrown, and almost rowdy feel that I think Jets fans can appreciate. They are representing us! I think this is really important.

This current Jets regime is making this New York team their own. They are calling it home.

Welcome home!

J-E-T-S... Jets Jets Jets

Why does this sound like a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints commercial. Maybe the Mormon Tabernacle Choir should start singing Christmas songs.

I kid. Sort of. I'm kind of grumpy this morning. : /

Really nice post and very well said.  I grew up in NY and was a young teenager when the Mets, Jets and Knicks were all balling.   The players were identifiable, out and about and loved being part of the NY vibe.  The Mets run was largely responsible for Mayor Lindsey getting re-elected the vibe in the city was so positive.

There's a myth about NY being a tough place to play because of the media.  The reality is NY has a bunch of great venues for people including athletes to be out and about that's safe, stars aren't seen as freaks they can relax and it feeds off each other.

Namath in many ways showed the way.  He was way over the  top and a serious alcoholic.  But he loved the city and the city loved him back.   He, Clyde Frazier, Mantle where all out in the city and very much part of the scene.   It's nice to see Douglas and Saleh along with Zach enjoying NY.  NY is a great place to be rich famous and winning.  There are lots of things to do and lots of celebrities enjoying all kinds of venues.  A lot of smaller venues are very tough for stars.  They are constantly hassled and very limited.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, freestater said:

We're less than 24 hours removed from you telling me and others that we weren't allowed to discuss Becton's foot problem. You characterized anyone questioning whether it might be a problem as "disgusting". Get off the high horse. 

Oh...and by the way...being gay isn't an insult. Stop trying to use it like it is. Unless you're a DISGUSTING homophobic bigot. 

Shut up, you fckn fa ggot!

Anyway, this guy will never stop shooting himself in the face. 

• Thumb Down 6

On 6/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, freestater said:

I actually like "Zach the Knife"

It'd be a bit better being applied after he knifes a few teams, proverbially speaking, in actual games.

He comes out and isn't impressive to start, he'll quickly be "Zack the Butter Knife".  

Or worse, "Zack the Spork".

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I say 12 full games because if I wanted to be technical I could just say he lined up and played and started in 14 games (because he did). 

However he gave us 12 games of dominance.

Joe Burrow: 6 games missed. 

Jeff Okudah: 7 games missed. 

Etc. Etc. 

MEKHI BECTON wasn't the only 1st round Rookie to miss games last year ?

He’s not injury prone in the way we should be concerned his career will be shortened. He’s just baby poop soft and needs to get toughened up by our new super duper training medical team “ Get it done boys.” 

• Sympathy 1