Your prayers are appreciated ...

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

In as well. Great idea. I remember my family going through my Mom’s cancer treatment at SK in the 80’s. Church People and neighbors dropping off meals for us kids while my Dad was in the city with Mom. One less thing Mom had to worry about. 
Prayerfully thinking of you and your wife Phil. 

Exactly.

A91C7830-1B11-485E-B188-C163891FA50D.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

In as well. Great idea. I remember my family going through my Mom’s cancer treatment at SK in the 80’s. Church People and neighbors dropping off meals for us kids while my Dad was in the city with Mom. One less thing Mom had to worry about. 
Prayerfully thinking of you and your wife Phil. 
Same ... wife's friends bringing meals was awesome relief.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Hey Everyone, 

@Maxman, aka Phil, shared with all of us the unfortunate news that his wife, Lauren, is battling cancer for the 3rd time.

We all know she's going to win this fight and many have asked, besides kind words and prayers, how they can help.

I reached out to Phil, suggesting I, and perhaps others, would be willing to take the burden of worrying about putting dinner on the table each night off of their plates, so that they could focus on healing.  Phil graciously accepted the offer.

So, now I turn to you.  He's spent countless hours and dollars providing us this incredible community.  Now, let's say thank you and we care about you.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jn-assemble

In discussing this with him, we did agree that we didn't want anyone to be put out by this, so we're asking for donations to max out at $25 per person.  I can't control this, but we didn't want to ask anyone to give anything that was a large financial outlay.

Lastly, if anyone is concerned about the integrity of this, Phil and others on this site know 1) my full name and 2) my profession.  The latter is important because my profession is guided by an extremely strict ethics board, and conducting this fundraiser with anything other then the highest level of integrity could effectively end my career.  Rest assured, no money raised would be worth me doing anything besides exactly what I am promising to do.

So please, if you feel like you benefit from this community Phil created - let's help him and his family as they go through this awful, but soon to be successful, process.

Thanks.  Let's go Jets!  Let's go Lauren!

For anyone who doesn’t already know..

Name::He man

Address: Castle Grayskull

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Almost 1500!

Do something good today, and have a great Saturday.

D9BBB50D-BD9F-4F72-AB77-D15AF5ADB854.jpeg

Note: I will not be taking questions on the beer.

Taking questions or not, that is the most esoteric--convoluted in terms of description/ingredients--beer I have ever seen.  lol  Enjoy, EY.  Great work on your efforts to assist Max and Lauren. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2