Your prayers are appreciated ...

On 7/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Maxman said:

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. She recently hit the 5 year free and clear mark which is a big milestone. Then unfortunately a routine doctors appointment ended up with an emergency hospital stay and pretty invasive surgery.  She was in the hospital for a week in May, her breast cancer has returned and unfortunately spread a bit.

The Oncologist got the report right away and the team at Memorial Sloan Kettering took over immediately. This morning she had her 5th chemo treatment. That will happen once every week for 18 weeks. The cancer has changed a bit and in a good news \ bad news kind of way they have hormone therapies they are treating her with as well. The oncologist said she feels the outcome will be good here.

It is a long road, none of this is fun. But Lauren has amazing family and friends around her. Lauren used to post her back in the day but I realize most of you don't know her. She is the most positive person I have ever met. She simply never complains, just tackles each step and does it all with a smile on her face. So I wanted to let everyone know because we don't do religious talk here but I am a believer. So prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Prayers for your wife and your whole family. Stay positive and be well.

• Upvote 1

So sorry to hear this Max. Two of my aunts battled breast cancer last year and kicked its ass. From the sound of it, Lauren is badass just like them and I have no doubt she’ll beat the brakes off this thing yet again. Prayers to you and yours my man, please keep us updated as you feel fit and let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Kind of you to say.  But I’m just providing the vehicle for what a lot of us were thinking and feeling after hearing the news.

Appreciate you setting it up and of course the theme. Food, love and prayer for Phil and Lauren for all they love and those that love them. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Appreciate you setting it up and of course the theme. Food, love and prayer for Phil and Lauren for all they love and those that love them. 

We need to keep this going.  $910 is only hors d'oeuvres in your home!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3