‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/30 (Zach is back!)

It's too early to completely write off Mims, but it's not looking good at all.

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. At least Hill ran with the starters and scored a few TDs in his career.

My guess is Mims is in the doghouse because he's not picking up the offense well.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I have such a man crush on this guy. Leader of men who makes people accountable but has his player's backs.

He said "get better every day" and used the term "process" 3 times in the same sentence.

So coach.  Such change.  Such original.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Most Jets fans are disappointed in the way things have gone for Mims. Some are even pessimistic. The pushback on material like yours is - it's wildly exaggerated, based on very....very small body of work, and a season (2020) that was fraught with dysfunction. In short, you over-extended your assessment. 

Remember, Quinnen Williams was a POS too for much of his first calendar year with NYJ

It is amazing, two practices and people are 100 sure Mims is a bust who will be cut.  I've seen it so many times, both ways.  I particularly remember a RB who got reps as starts in preseason game when they were trying to save CM and people were screaming hes a find, could take carries away from CM. '

He was cut, didnt make the team and never made a roster

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. At least Hill ran with the starters and scored a few TDs in his career.

My guess is Mims is in the doghouse because he's not picking up the offense well.

This isn’t good news but there is no chance in hell he is as bad as or worse than Stephen Hill so let’s calm that down right now. He was pretty productive with an ancient Flacco last year. I still have hope he can be productive this year. 

• Upvote 3

Camp Day 1:

Mims 4th stringer.

Becton Lawson's personal turnstile.

Wilson meek turnover machine.

Fickenshank.

Saleh processprocessbrakegasbrakeadversityprocessprocess.

Douglas not speaking to media.

Woody touching base with Korn/Ferry.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mims isn’t good. Good hands but he doesn’t get open. He hasn’t shown the quickness, ability to change direction and sharp route running to get space between himself and CB’s. 

And Becton has a looooong way to go before he starts getting measured for a HOF yellow jacket, like many were saying here about 8 months ago. 

The 2020 draft was massively overrated by fans. 

Bit early for this 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mims isn’t good. Good hands but he doesn’t get open. He hasn’t shown the quickness, ability to change direction and sharp route running to get space between himself and CB’s. 

And Becton has a looooong way to go before he starts getting measured for a HOF yellow jacket, like many were saying here about 8 months ago. 

If I didn’t have a life I’d bet you were in the game day threads praising Becton like the rest of us, no?

• Upvote 1

I’ve seen some people overrate Becton but 99% of the time it is followed by a “..if he can stay healthy.” 

I for one am happy he got his ass beat today because he’s gotta stay humble but also as Damien Woody said, they aren’t even in pads, among some other things. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I've been saying that his floor is Stephen Hill, but maybe even that was too optimistic. 

FQ6n.gif

I'll see you guys next week.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

UnevenUnfitArizonaalligatorlizard-size_r

30 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, he gets paid to get attention. Since there seems to be more discussion of him than Zach Wilson... he seems pretty good at it. 

He gets paid to get attention that NYDN can monetize.  His awful writing insures, from me at least, that he won't.  I've yet to click a link, I haven't subscribed to anything, and I certainly won't based on his skillset.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He gets paid to get attention that NYDN can monetize.  His awful writing insures, from me at least, that he won't.  I've yet to click a link, I haven't subscribed to anything, and I certainly won't based on his skillset.

How do you think they monetize a tweet that you do click on? 

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

How do you think they monetize a tweet that you do click on? 

They monetize by me thinking he's worth reading.  The tweets are advertisements for his articles.  I read his tweets and want more, so I click on monetizeable content.  His sub grade-school writing makes that unlikely for me.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

They monetize by me thinking he's worth reading.  The tweets are advertisements for his articles.  I read his tweets and want more, so I click on monetizeable content.  His sub grade-school writing makes that unlikely for me.

I'm not sure your 'not clicking' is having the impact you think it is having. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Then not highlighting him with the 1s is good for him and the team.  It's early and a WR doesn't need to know the playbook like a QB.

44 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mims trying to learn a second offense in 2 years can’t be helping the situation.  He probably is having trouble learning the plays hence the demotion 

I think he’s a very talented WR.  I’d hate to see him end up Stephen Hill’ing it

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure your 'not clicking' is having the impact you think it is having. 

You're implying that I think I can independently control his employment with my clicks, which is so obviously not the point, nor the case.  Weird hill, Jeremy.

31 minutes ago, Drums said:

If I didn’t have a life I’d bet you were in the game day threads praising Becton like the rest of us, no?

I said the same things last year that I just posted. Becton showed some flashes of dominance, he has a long way to go before he’s earned “best tackle in the league” or “future hall of famer” labels though. 

Mims did little to nothing. Good hands though, which is obviously an important attribute. 

The book isn’t written on either player, just balancing out the super homer stuff posted here. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It is amazing, two practices and people are 100 sure Mims is a bust who will be cut.  I've seen it so many times, both ways.  I particularly remember a RB who got reps as starts in preseason game when they were trying to save CM and people were screaming hes a find, could take carries away from CM. '

He was cut, didnt make the team and never made a roster

Danny woodhead?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Camp Day 1:

Mims 4th stringer.

Becton Lawson's personal turnstile.

Wilson meek turnover machine.

Fickenshank.

Saleh processprocessbrakegasbrakeadversityprocessprocess.

Douglas not speaking to media.

Woody touching base with Korn/Ferry.

SAR I

@SAR I

I better read about  a boisterous fan tomorrow at Jets camp booing everything and anything they do on the field. 

Or else you are just all talk no action.

joewilly12

• Post of the Week 1