PFT: Deshaun Watson May be traded to Panthers or Dolphins this week

y2k8

14 hours ago, y2k8 said:

For Week 1 and Beyond ... Please be the Panthers. 

Chatter builds of a potential Deshaun Watson trade

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2021, 11:43 AM EDT

As noted earlier this morning, decision time is coming for the Texans and quarterback Deshaun Watson. The options are few. The one that has seemed the least likely in recent weeks could be the one that happens.

Multiple executives from teams not directly involved in the discussions tell PFT that there’s mounting chatter that Watson will be traded in the coming days.

The two finalists are believed to be the Panthers and the Dolphins. (The Broncos and Eagles also had been linked to Watson.) If it happens, it would turn things upside down for whichever team gets Watson.

It’s hard to imagine a team giving the Texans what they’ve wanted for Watson — three first-round picks and more. So either the Texans are taking what they can get (if a trade happens) or the Texans will accept a package tied to the number of games Watson plays over the next two or three seasons.

Between Miami and Carolina, the Panthers make more sense. Owner David Tepper has made no secret of his desire for a franchise quarterback. Sam Darnold could still become one. Watson already is. And Tepper, who once kept a set of brass balls in his office, seems willing to roll the dice, despite the lingering uncertainty surrounding Watson.

It needs to be remembered in every Watson story or discussion that he’s facing serious accusations. Those accusations could become adverse verdicts in up to 22 civil cases or a conviction on up to 10 criminal complaints. Any team that trades for Watson assumes the risk that Watson won’t be available to play — and they’ll also face very real questions about the willingness to bring to town someone who has been involved in such alleged misbehavior.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/28/chatter-builds-of-a-potential-deshaun-watson-trade/

Sam Darnold will never become a franchise QB. There's lingering uncertainty with Watson, sure, but there's also bigger uncertainty with Darnold when it comes to being a QB. If Watson gets suspended for a year and the owner does not care an abusive womanizer idiot is on his team Darnold has one year to prove he can play at a high level, if he can't, Watson takes over after suspension. If he gets him on the cheap his options next year will be endless, especially if Watson gets off easy and with a minimal suspension.

3 hours ago, yvj said:

I can't help but expect Watson to be traded to the Dolphins. The Jets are just one of those type of teams where it will never be an easy road to the title. Embrace the struggle. 

So are you concerned Miami will be better because they have Watson or are you saying the Jets missed the boat not trading for this pile of sh*t ? Saying this while we have a promising young rookie actually playing well for once makes no sense

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

The “full blown investigation” that’s gone nowhere for months and resulted in 0 criminal charges

And Watson is not suspended.  It’s incredible how the NFL will celebrate documented child and women beaters like Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt but Watson is getting blacklisted over nonsense

Literally their strongest evidence is a text thread where he asks if a masseuse focuses on the “glute area”

I’ve been hearing since last February Watson is going to jail and nothing has happened because they got nothing

Yeah let’s forget the Houston PD already investigated this for 6 months and found nothing

Well gee I had no idea you had the inside track on the investigation I also had no idea the Houston PD was releasing info in an ongoing investigation. 

I mean why would 22 women come out and destroy a young mans career for nothing ? Did they all huddle up in a room and decide this was a great way to make a few grand and all agree to move forward ? 

Stop commenting on sh*t you have no clue as to what you're talking about on. We will get the particulars when this case gets heard in court and not before. If he buys his way out of it and these women take that buy out then you know for sure what probably went down, if they move forward with criminal charges and he gets convicted you'll know in that respect as well. Assumptions before either of those things happen make no sense.

I'm sure he dealt with these women in different ways some more severe than others but once again we won't know a damn thing until this comes to an end

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, Ben Had said:

Fin's don't want Waton...pretty much only jet fans think Tua sucks. 

Gonna be a fun year.

I actually feel bad for TUA even though he is a Dolphin. That organization is doing a great injustice to this kid, one day they stand behind him and the next they are ready to throw him in the Miami river. Pretty sh*tty of the Fins conducting business and treating their starting QB this way.  Dolphins notorious for letting players go and said players succeed elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Funny thing about this is, I just went over to a Fins message board.  There was one thread about Watson, 3 posts I think all not wanting.

Yet there are 120+- posts on a Jets board about it.  LOL

You have to take into account that Dolphin fans arent that into football, just into thinking their team is the bestest.  

Dont you find that most fish fans down here know little about football? 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Quit worry about other teams and worry about our team. 

www.sternlecture.calm

In most cases I agree, but a divisional opponent is pretty relevant to us, as is another team that affects our draft position.

45 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Funny thing about this is, I just went over to a Fins message board.  There was one thread about Watson, 3 posts I think all not wanting.

Dog Farting GIF by Red & Howling

Little girl = Jet fans

Dog Farts = Bills, Dolphin & Pats rumors!

Breathe deep Jet fans and take it all in.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, y2k8 said:

For Week 1 and Beyond ... Please be the Panthers. 

Chatter builds of a potential Deshaun Watson trade

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2021, 11:43 AM EDT

As noted earlier this morning, decision time is coming for the Texans and quarterback Deshaun Watson. The options are few. The one that has seemed the least likely in recent weeks could be the one that happens.

Multiple executives from teams not directly involved in the discussions tell PFT that there’s mounting chatter that Watson will be traded in the coming days.

The two finalists are believed to be the Panthers and the Dolphins. (The Broncos and Eagles also had been linked to Watson.) If it happens, it would turn things upside down for whichever team gets Watson.

It’s hard to imagine a team giving the Texans what they’ve wanted for Watson — three first-round picks and more. So either the Texans are taking what they can get (if a trade happens) or the Texans will accept a package tied to the number of games Watson plays over the next two or three seasons.

Between Miami and Carolina, the Panthers make more sense. Owner David Tepper has made no secret of his desire for a franchise quarterback. Sam Darnold could still become one. Watson already is. And Tepper, who once kept a set of brass balls in his office, seems willing to roll the dice, despite the lingering uncertainty surrounding Watson.

It needs to be remembered in every Watson story or discussion that he’s facing serious accusations. Those accusations could become adverse verdicts in up to 22 civil cases or a conviction on up to 10 criminal complaints. Any team that trades for Watson assumes the risk that Watson won’t be available to play — and they’ll also face very real questions about the willingness to bring to town someone who has been involved in such alleged misbehavior.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/28/chatter-builds-of-a-potential-deshaun-watson-trade/

I think the Dolphins are all in on Tua.  Carolina on the other hand might just be realizing what a horrendous idea it was to sign and 5th year option their slow thinker under center.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have to take into account that Dolphin fans arent that into football, just into thinking their team is the bestest.  

IMO

Most of the Fish fans down here are ex-NY'ers.  LOL

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So true. I remember the Fins beat the Pats in their home opener and on Monday morning several people were saying how they can now watch the Dolphins again, people putting Fins crap on their desks etc. If the team stinks plenty things to do to  down here to occupy your time and take your mind of football. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Most people born and raised in Florida can't read and write.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So are you concerned Miami will be better because they have Watson or are you saying the Jets missed the boat not trading for this pile of sh*t ? Saying this while we have a promising young rookie actually playing well for once makes no sense

You are right, it makes no sense, but that's on you for projecting that on what I said. Yes I'm concerned about Watson, Allen and Jones being stars in the same division as the Jets. 

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Chris Simms is a known “Tua hater”

"He's been phenomenal. Tua can win a superbowl."

As I was told on this forum, it doesn't matter what Chris Simms has said at any other time than when he has said the things that are convenient for him to have said to feed my narratives. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

As I was told, it doesn't matter what Chris Simms said in the past. 

Seen it. He’s said that Tua has been good this preseason…but he had him ranked lower then most all of last season. His view is that Tua has potentially fixed some of the issues, but he also keeps saying that Tua is limited compared to guys like Herbert, Allen abs Wilson

the other thing about Simms is that as a former QB he often hold the view that a QB is just another player abs the surroundings matter as much the player himself. This is why he said Darnold can take the Jets to the playoffs (maybe SB I don’t remember). So when he says Tua can take the dolphins to SB it’s a reflection on the team as much as Tua.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Seen it. He’s said that Tua has been good this preseason…but he had him ranked lower then most all of last season. His view is that Tua has potentially fixed some of the issues, but he also keeps saying that Tua is limited compared to guys like Herbert, Allen abs Wilson

the other thing about Simms is that as a former QB he often hold the view that a QB is just another player abs the surroundings matter as much the player himself. This is why he said Darnold can take the Jets to the playoffs (maybe SB I don’t remember). So when he says Tua can take the dolphins to SB it’s a reflection on the team as much as Tua.

It's amazing how people hear what they want to hear from him. Go look at the Wilson thread and you won't find many people saying he holds that view. 

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

As I was told on this forum, it doesn't matter what Chris Simms has said at any other time than when he has said the things that are convenient for him to have said to feed my narratives. 

Listen starting at 1:10 of your video. It’s basically exactly what I said in my previous reply.

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Listen starting at 1:10 of your video. It’s basically exactly what I said in my previous reply.

Listen from 2 minutes on. I'm not sure saying a guy isn't one of the top 3-5 QBs in the league is some sort of 'he sucks' statement. 

Chris Simms seems to be the ultimate, "he's right when he says something I want him to say and I'll ignore everything else guy"

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1