The Houston Texans are a better coached team than the Jets

Dcat

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Saleh, LaFleur & company better clean up their sh*t show here in a hurry.

So far, there is absolutely nothing to be impressed about by Saleh.  Nothing.

And don't start me on LaFleur.  He should be fired ASAP if the team wants any chance of developing this QB.

Woody Johnson has done it again.

Or maybe the QB just sucks right now

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What makes this so?  I haven’t seen the Texans play at all

Game planning. Play calling.  I'm watching this game now.  It is beyond obvious that the Texans are a better coached team than are the jets. They are far more disciplined on offense and that just shouldn't be the case.

• Upvote 2

I Ilke Saleh.

The Jets are a very young team and he's been saddled with no talent just about everywhere.

D-linemen committing awful, obvious roughing the passers on 3rd and long, WR's dropping balls everywhere, practice squad safeties, one legitimate CB...The worst OL in the NFL....and a rookie QB in his 5th week.

Saleh is far from the problem with this team.  I still like him.

Now, you wanna talk about the GM - I'm happy to join in on that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think everybody underestimates how important Knapp was going to be here. I really think that his passing let a little air out of all the plans and in case nobody else noticed he has not been replaced.

I agree with you, but they did replace him with Matt Cavanaugh (Mark Sanchez's old QB coach).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Same texans team that choked away a lead today?

played far better than our Saleh-led team.  They were in the game to the end against a team that mutilated LaFleur and Saleh.  So far this coaching staff sucks.  Not a little.  A lot.  Name one good thing they've produced?  I'm happy with Mosley's play.  So there's that. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Or what?

If you're firing the O-Co today, how many games does your new O-Co get?  Five as well?

So by seasons end, if things don't go well, we'd be on our fourth O-Co of the season?

Seems like a plan for rapid success.

Yes.  This OC is a gargantuan mistake.  You abort it now.  Right now.

Make Cavanaugh the interim and let him know he's an interim in the process.  He has enough experience not to ruin Zach Wilson, which is the path LaFleur is on right now.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Or what?

If you're firing the O-Co today, how many games does your new O-Co get?  Five as well?

So by seasons end, if things don't go well, we'd be on our fourth O-Co of the season?

Seems like a plan for rapid success.

LaFluer and Saleh are not the problem.  The talent and youth is the problem.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

LaFluer and Saleh are not the problem.  The talent and youth is the problem.

Completely disagree.  There was no semblance of good preparation.  Jets came in like the walking dead.  LaFleur's offense makes ZERO sense.  His plays make no sense, there is nothing he has done that is any good at all.  

There's no f--king plan there.  Reallty stupid calls and misuse of players. Yecchhh.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The scheme is complicated and will take two years to truly get down.  Don't expect this team to look next year either.  

LOL.  ----------> Schottenheimer all over again.  Here we go.  It's almost identical.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dcat said:

Completely disagree.  There was no semblance of good preparation.  Jets came in like the walking dead.  LaFleur's offense makes ZERO sense.  His plays make no sense, there is nothing he has done that is any good at all.  

There's no f--king plan there.  Reallty stupid calls and misuse of players. Yecchhh.  

Look, I'm not expert. I can watch and the OL doesn't give much time, the QB doesn't always make perfect throws and the WR's can't catch anything unless it's a perfect throw - feels like talent issues.  but I do listen to a couple of podcast each week and the experts (real experts, not former players just spouting garbage) seem to say LaFleur if not spectacular is clearly competent. 

the Jets don't execute.