Let’s be realistic

Viermoo

6 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

As much as being a Jet fan has sucked for pretty much ever, to think we would even be near a good team this year is not realistic. We’re the youngest team in the league starting a bunch of rookies. On top of that we have a bunch of “green” coaches. Everyone in the organization is learning this year. If we don’t see improvements by next year then I’d say we have something to worry about. Until then let’s just watch for who’s developing during this season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I get this team is young and full of rookies but that is mostly because our GM won't  sign any FA veteran  talent. It doesn't  have to be like this.  We are sitting on a ton of cap space. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Pichula said:

This was a competitive game. We make it a 3 point game with 7 minutes to go. That included the refs gifting the falcons an entire drive and 3 points to open the game. 

I’m honestly impressed with the fairness and optimism of this post. I do agree with the downsiders that we need to see more from the offense. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I get this team is young and full of rookies but that is mostly because our GM won't  sign any FA veteran  talent. It doesn't  have to be like this.  We are sitting on a ton of cap space. 

This.

Furthermore, in order for a team full of rookies to develop into a team full of talented veterans, you need a good amount of talented veterans to show them the way.

Joe Douglas has reduced the Jets to an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.  It didn't need to be this way.  We don't have to tolerate his mistake.  We don't need to sugar coat it as 'part of the process'.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A ton.

25 year olds developing really need 29 year old FAs signed so that if and when our 25 year old team gets to 27 on average they'll overpaid 31 year olds.

But you'd be happy because we won a couple of extra games and lost a few spots in the draft

I'm not getting into it with you anymore.

Go Away Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Thanks for being the 100th guy to tell Me the plan was to be bad. 
Our GM is making it bad because he’s being stubborn thinking he can ride or die with rookies. He bet all his chips on red and black keeps coming out 

The plan was to be bad in 2017, Suck For Sam, remember?

The plan was also to be bad in 2018, Rookie Sam Year, remember?

The plan was also to show growth in 2019, we actually won 7 games, remember?

Then we gave Joe Douglas full control.  And we went backwards in 2020, remember?   

And now we’re in Year 3 of Joe Douglas and we are going backwards again in 2021.  He’s looking at a 3-30 record as GM, it may be the worst GM record in NFL history.

When exactly are we supposed to have expectations of not being bad?   We were making progress until Joe Douglas started tinkering.   Every day we give this guy we get worse.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Joe Douglass has made this team less talented and in a worse position to win. He gathers picks and then whifs on picks. He tells the fan base who eat up his garbage like a salesman to give him more time. He is just about halfway through his contact. Now we are told to be bad again this year, and next maybe. Can people not see a con man? He’s riding out his contract aiming for an extension with the “rebuild”

He was Adam Gase’s hand-picked yes man.  And now he’s somehow been anointed King of Florham Park?

It’s unbelievable.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

This was a competitive game. We make it a 3 point game with 7 minutes to go. That included the refs gifting the falcons an entire drive and 3 points to open the game. 

True.  That call.was atrocious.   Nfl should have a replay for aggregious calls like that.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

Furthermore, in order for a team full of rookies to develop into a team full of talented veterans, you need a good amount of talented veterans to show them the way.

Joe Douglas has reduced the Jets to an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.  It didn't need to be this way.  We don't have to tolerate his mistake.  We don't need to sugar coat it as 'part of the process'.

SAR I

we do have vets..

Moses 30 yr

Joyner 31 yr

Coleman 28

Crowder 28

Mosley 29

Rankins 27

Maye 28

• Upvote 1

At what point are we allowed to hold the team accountable?

At what point does Joe Douglas and his hand picked Head Coach and roster need to start producing?

Yes, they are young.  Yes, they are inexperienced.  Those two factors have not stopped others from fielding competitive teams in the past.  They are excuses, and anybody who has rooted for this team for decades is sick of hearing them.

Yes, let's be realistic and concede that this team is hopeless.

• Post of the Week 4

Not many people expected us to win anything this year.  I expected some of the new guys to look a LOT better than they have.

If we were losing but seeing something out of Rb carter and Moore and someone other than Hall on defense I'd feel more hopeful.  Douglas's 1st draft looks terrible and hurt for the mot part, and draft meh o far.

The offensive scheme look bad and Wilson should NOT have been starting this year.

Oh, also most of our WR can't catch.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not many people expected us to win anything this year.  I expected some of the new guys to look a LOT better than they have.

If we were losing but seeing something out of Rb carter and Moore and someone other than Hall on defense I'd feel more hopeful.  Douglas's 1st draft looks terrible and hurt for the mot part, and draft meh o far.

The offensive scheme look bad and Wilson should NOT have been starting this year.

Oh, also most of our WR can't catch.

Mims can.

Free him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you have a point. It's  about 8 million but we still could have used that to bring in someone like Minshew or a vet DB or both. 

Oh, I wasn't really in the conversation.  I was just informing you.   

I am excited with the team, short of QB play.  That has been the worst it's ever been.