We drafted Demario Davis and had him again!

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hand picked Rex selection. 

Also Rex went 8-8 with Geno Smith and a roster several orders of magnitude worse than the Seahawks have.

Sooner or later even the staunchest Rex haters are going to have to come to the realization that he was a pretty damn good coach.

I don't think anyone ever said he wasn't a good coach the problem was he got a big head and thought he was a GM.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Also Rex went 8-8 with Geno Smith 

And then what happened?

Also, this take is confusing because you also think Geno is good.  How is going 8-8 and getting outscored by 97 points on the season with a good QB a positive for Rex Ryan?  

Demario Davis is the only ex-Jet player, coach or GM anyone should wish we still had at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His tenure in Buffalo and inability to get so much as an interview for the U of Miami job should have solidified this for 100 % of Jets fans.  

5 years since the guy has had a job and we still have people pining for him. 

he was responsible for our last good memories and thems were some of the bets times... so let's not pretend he was Darth Worst...  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

he was responsible for our last good memories and thems were some of the bets times... so let's not pretend was Darth Worst. 

We shouldn’t look back on that with whimsy.  We should be looking back with anger because we didn’t win a division title or go to the SB with a loaded roster and have sucked for a decade, with Rex being a huge reason that roster fell apart. 

The Jets’ bad history doesn’t make Rex Ryan a good coach retroactively.  It just shows how bad the Jets are and that we deserve a lot better than someone like Rex Ryan.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His tenure in Buffalo and inability to get so much as an interview for the U of Miami job should have solidified this for 100 % of Jets fans.  

Their worst nightmare is that Rex gets another job and is exposed as a fraud yet again. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Also Rex went 8-8 with Geno Smith and a roster several orders of magnitude worse than the Seahawks have.

Sooner or later even the staunchest Rex haters are going to have to come to the realization that he was a pretty damn good coach.

If Rex's defense could have stopped a screen pass, or a running QB, or any 3rd and long or understood how to manage timeouts or clock throughout a game.... He would have been a great coach

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

he was responsible for our last good memories and thems were some of the bets times... so let's not pretend he was Darth Worst...  

He was also responsible for some pretty embarrassing moments... Tebow for example, both when he played for the Jets and torched the Jets.... Of course Butt Fumble... 49-13 trouncing by Pats.... Foot fetish... Sanchez tattoo.... the shear amount of close games his terrible clock management cost them... IK... Geno Smith... Sanchez Pre-season

Best in our history, I do not understand the hate. Jets have been literally unwatchable since he left

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, funaz said:

Best in our history, I do not understand the hate. Jets have been literally unwatchable since he left

Most of the Rex hate comes from a motley crew of masochists who derive pleasure from disparaging successful players and/or coaches in an effort to sooth their fragile egos.  Frankly - it's kind of disgusting.

You need look no further than the Deplorable Duo® of Shane and 80 spewing their anti-Rex propaganda all over this thread.

If I were them I'd seek couples counseling as soon as humanly possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, funaz said:

Best in Jets history? What are you 17? Weeb Ewbank is the best HC the Jets have ever had and is a Hall of Fame HC. He led the Baltimore Colts to NFL championships in 1958 and 1959 and the New York Jets to victory in Super Bowl III in 1969. He is the only coach to win a championship in both the National Football League (NFL) and American Football League (AFL) with 2 Championships - one in NFL and one in NFC.  Not even Parcells can make that claim.  Go back to Super Mario Land.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We shouldn’t look back on that with whimsy.  We should be looking back with anger because we didn’t win a division title or go to the SB with a loaded roster and have sucked for a decade, with Rex being a huge reason that roster fell apart. 

The Jets’ bad history doesn’t make Rex Ryan a good coach retroactively.  It just shows how bad the Jets are and that we deserve a lot better than someone like Rex Ryan.  

i get it, i could tell by year 2 that he lacked the cognitive prowess to be more than a soapbox hero... still, some of my better memories as a fan in the last 25 years came around then... have to go back to early Vinny + Chrebet to get into better airspace. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Most of the Rex hate comes from a motley crew of masochists who derive pleasure from disparaging successful players and/or coaches in an effort to sooth their fragile egos.  Frankly - it's kind of disgusting.

Umm, I like Parcells.

Other than that there haven’t been much in the way of successful players or coaches since.  Nearly 2 decades without a home playoff game.  I remember the ‘98 and ‘02 home playoff games fondly, as I was lucky enough to be in attendance.  Those were fun.  I’d like to get back to that.  I don’t care to revise history so much that I trick myself into thinking much of anyone else since was any good.  It’s bad enough that Herm Edwards had the most successful seasons (3 playoff appearances, 1 division title) of any Jets coach since 2000.  That’s just sad.

We all can’t get behind the likes of Geno Smith or Sam Darnold like you do.  It’s truly a gift to delude oneself into thinking those are good QBs.  And ignoring Rex Ryan’s history from 2011-present to view him as anything other than a clown show is a waste of emotional attachment.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which Jets team was loaded? The 9-7 team in 2009? If 2009 was loaded, then was the 8-8 team in 2013 also loaded? Cuz the only difference between those two years was the Colts resting their starters in week 17 at halftime. 

Let’s not pretend like Rex didn’t squeeze the most out of this dumpster fire organization and team than any coach with league worse QBs. 

Just an FYI, that same “loaded team” went 9-7 with a HoF QB who was a second team all pro the year before he got here and had his best statistical season the year after he left. Sure he was injured here. But wasn’t dead. CS deemed him better than that QB touched by the Pope. 

Rex Ryan's first few years here we're very refreshing and is barroom brawl style was awesome! It was exactly what the team needed at the time.

Unfortunately Woody loved the guy so much that as it was all unraveling he kept hanging him out there like bad old bait and it was painful to watch.

Other than Todd Bowles first season with Ryan Fitzmagic, Mangold, Davis, Weatherford, Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory, Eric Decker etc. We haven't done Crapola since!

I have no problem giving props to Rex he really kicked ass his first few years here. Then he became the chick that used to be hot that's usually drunk at the bar. We've all known that chick. You kind of feel bad.... 

20 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Which Jets team was loaded? The 9-7 team in 2009? If 2009 was loaded, then was the 8-8 team in 2013 also loaded? Cuz the only difference between those two years was the Colts resting their starters in week 17 at halftime. 

Let’s not pretend like Rex didn’t squeeze the most out of this dumpster fire organization and team than any coach with league worse QBs. 

Just an FYI, that same “loaded team” went 9-7 with a HoF QB who was a second team all pro the year before he got here and had his best statistical season the year after he left. Sure he was injured here. But wasn’t dead. CS deemed him better than that QB touched by the Pope. 

If you can’t see much difference between the 2009 Jets, with the # 1 defense and running game, and the 2013 Jets, who were outscored by 97 points (6th worst point differential in the league that year), then any discussion on this topic between you and I will be futile.  

The ‘09 Jets would have been a top 3 team that year with any decent QB play.  They had Pro Bowlers across the OL and a CB who had arguably the greatest season by any defensive player of all time.  The 2013 Jets were perhaps the most non-competitive 8-win team in NFL history.  Pretty much every one of their losses that year were blowouts. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you can’t see much difference between the 2009 Jets, with the # 1 defense and running game, and the 2013 Jets, who were outscored by 97 points (6th worst point differential in the league that year), then any discussion on this topic between you and I will be futile.  

The ‘09 Jets would have been a top 3 team that year with any decent QB play.  They had Pro Bowlers across the OL and a CB who had arguably the greatest season by any defensive player of all time.  The 2013 Jets were perhaps the most non-competitive 8-win team in NFL history.  

I think you might be making my point clear. No other Jets coach ever managed this. Hell, even Revis never had a season like 2009 ever again. He wasn’t the same after he left the Jets/Rex. 

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I think you might be making my point clear. No other Jets coach ever managed this. Hell, even Revis never had a season like 2009 ever again. He wasn’t the same after he left the Jets/Rex. 

Revis was left on an island while Rex sent endless blitzes. He deserves very little credit for Revis’ success.  His defense required excellent M2M corners. Rex merely gets credit for recognizing that Revis could handle that kind of pressure.  

And since Rex systematically tore up that fantastic roster built by the prior regime, he also deserves little credit for the roster being strong when he arrived.  Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard were nice additions.  That’s about it. 

4 hours ago, Pac said:

I did laugh a little bit yesterday when looking back at records over the years realizing Rex got hate for winning 8 games with Geno Smith and winning 4 playoff games with Mark Sanchez.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The revisionist Rex history is getting to be a bit much....

Maybe we should start pulling some receipts circa 2014...I’ll give you a hint most of us weren’t crying and screaming when he was finally canned

I get it....he represents the last fun times we had as Jets fans.....but some of you are deluding yourselves into rewriting history ??‍♂️

• Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Greatest coach in nyj history. How sad is that?