Let's Go Jets --- Game Day Thread (Bengals) -- Mike White here we go!

Maxman

Listening to Mike White’s postgame interview. If you heard it you’d like what you’re hearing from him. He says take what the defense gives you and it doesn’t have to be a big play. Everything he said was smart and with humility. He’s been with the team for two years now and in terms of running an NFL offense and knowing what he’s doing he’s ahead of Zach who still probably could end up being pretty good and a franchise Qb. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I like Zach Wilson I do. But your backup QB, who hasn’t play a game in the NFL, doesn’t come out and throw for 400 plus yards in the same system and your starter had best come out and play better next time out. 

Hes had time to develop. Zach hasn't. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Unlike Zack, White went through his reads quickly and let the ball fly.  Zack has been hesitant.  

Look, I'm in shock at how well White played and overall orchestrated the game.  Never in a million years expected this.

Makes a huge difference and made the OL pass blocking much better.  Used the short stuff to the rbs to open it up to the wrs.  But it was nice seeing a decisive qb who wasn’t running around frantically like darnold or wilson looking for a miracle play.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right, I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along and
I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

7391F938-F760-4E98-8B19-1E8A0CB0768A.jpeg

Joe Douglas cut Mike White three times in 2020.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

And Geno Smith has just thrown 14 straight completions for the most in NFL this season.Now tell me he's a starting QB. Go ahead.

Ummm Geno Smith shouldn’t have started year one, nor Sanchez or Darnold and starting guys before they should hurts them.  That has been my position for over a decade now. 

I really don’t see what Geno Smith has to do with allowing Zach to watch, mature and play when he is really ready. 

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

Who needed this W more.  Douglas?  Saleh? Lafleur?  Or JN?

It was actually fun to watch the Jets on a Sunday afternoon.

I think Jets Nation just needed something to cheer. We could have lost by 3 and I would have been happy. Saleh and Douglas feel pretty secure until end of next year. I think Lafleur's the one that needed this the most. 

That being said, I'm sure all those mentioned will enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm so my idea of sitting Zach for the first year isn’t so stupid is it.  Cause people can’t say sitting doesn’t help and then say but White matured by watching…..

Well I honestly have no idea what you said before. But my point still stands, NO ONE was predicting Mike White to play like this. Lol if all you want is credit, here you go bro Saleh should have listened to you. 

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Unlike Zack, White went through his reads quickly and let the ball fly.  Zack has been hesitant.  

Look, I'm in shock at how well White played and overall orchestrated the game.  Never in a million years expected this.

Because he's had time to learn without pressure to perform. 3 years.