Does Mike White have a realistic chance of keeping the starting job when Zach Wilson returns?

T0mShane

Can Mike White steal the QB-of-the-future job from Zach Wilson?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Can Mike White steal the QB-of-the-future job from Zach Wilson?

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It would be so Jets for Mike White to play pretty well all through the season and to have Jets fans thinking he can be a long term starter. Woody Johnson vetoes a new contract in the summer as he prefers his so prized and so marketable investment and White walks for nothing.

Zach becomes Charlie Frye and Mike White becomes Drew Brees.

Jets football. 

Getting a little ahead of yourself maybe?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I have my heads up no one ass (expect maybe your moms). Wilson is the #2 overall pick and is very talented. I want to see him develop and am not ready to throw him in the trash after 5 games. You are the only hater here. 

Ok buddy. I'm going to show restraint here and walk away from this. 

Oh, btw, I reported that post you just made. The mods can decide what to do with yoy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

There was a simple difference-Mike White played in the system. He took what the plays were designed to do and went through his progressions. I’m not ready to crown him as anything more than a QB who knows what he’s doing out there, which is worlds more than Zach Wilson right now.

Zach Wilson plays in a mental fog. He does not know what’s happening presnap and most certainly not post snap. When his first option is covered (being honest I’m not convinced Zach even knows who his first option even is sometimes) Zach breaks down entirely. Zach should not be on the field at all this year in my opinion, at least not until we’re mathematically eliminated so he can get some garbage time starts without pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's?  I cant remember either.  Hell yes White should have a realistic shot at winning the job, **** that, it should be his job after that performance.  The offense has clearly and obviously operated better since he's been behind center.  Bottom line.  He gives everyone a chance to make on schedule plays.  The stuff they practice day in day out.  Everything is better, OL, RB's, TE's, WR's....everything.   He gives them a chance to be the best version of themselves and unfortunately, Zach Wilson just simply cant. He's out there playing flag Football while Mike White is out there playing NFL ball and operating at a high level.

Everyone is all, look at the game plan!  He changed it!!!  A little, sure but he also called a ton of the same looks and White just made the routine stuff, Zach simply cant.  Well what does that say about Zach Wilson if LaFleur had to hold back his game planning/calling for Wilson but could open it up for White? It says White is better, period.  He plays, draft pick be damned.  I dont care if Wilson can throw a side arm 90 mph fastball, that clearly doesnt win you Football games.  Precision does.  And Wilson is far from it, and White seems to have it in spades.   

Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL and you just had that type of performance vs. a damn good team and you want to go back to the worst?  **** no. Give him the year.  Zach can wait.  What's the downside?  

OH THE JOY OF I TOLD  YOU SOOOOOOO

ZACH WILSON IS OVAHHHHHHHHHH

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

There was a simple difference-Mike White played in the system. He took what the plays were designed to do and went through his progressions. I’m not ready to crown him as anything more than a QB who knows what he’s doing out there, which is worlds more than Zach Wilson right now.

Zach Wilson plays in a mental fog. He does not know what’s happening presnap and most certainly not post snap. When his first option is covered (being honest I’m not convinced Zach even knows who his first option even is sometimes) Zach breaks down entirely. Zach should not be on the field at all this year in my opinion, at least not until we’re mathematically eliminated so he can get some garbage time starts without pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wait, the Jets aren’t mathematically eliminated yet? LOL, I already assumed they were.

When Mo Lewis took Drew Bledsoe out on that sideline tackle the way things were done in the NFL was that "Players do not lose their jobs due to injury"

I just found out how serious that injury was and that Drew Bledsoe might have died as a result of that hit by Lewis, which in no way was a dirty hit nor did it look so brutal as to make Drew a 10 year 100 million dollar back-up QB. Tom Brady came in and went 11-3, then went on to beat the Raiders in The Tuck Rule game and the Steelers in the AFCCG and finally the Rams in the Super Bowl.

As for Mike White, if he comes back and wins again on Thursday night all bets are off. You play the hot hand and I think. Saleh believes the same way. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets have the Colts and the Bills upcoming. If White wins them both or at least keeps the Jets competitive in these games, do you shoehorn Zach Wilson back in as the starter when he’s healthy?

Et tu, Tommé?

47 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I have my heads up no one ass (expect maybe your moms). Wilson is the #2 overall pick and is very talented. I want to see him develop and am not ready to throw him in the trash after 5 games. You are the only hater here. 

This ******* sham of a poster, he's not even a Jets fan.  Now he's taking Mom shots?  This dude should be banned hard.  He's probably a prepubescent teen, like his idol and like his idol, he'll learn from watching on the sidelines. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This ******* sham of a poster, he's not even a Jets fan.  Now he's taking Mom shots?  This dude should be banned hard.  He's probably a prepubescent teen, like his idol and like his idol, he'll learn from watching on the sidelines. 

yes that was a deep personal “mom shot” and not a light hearted stab after being told that I have my head stuck up someone’s ass. Are you 12 years old?

• Thumb Down 1

The thumb will be heavily on the scale for Wilson..a small opening will be all he needs to get back in there...you think JD wants to set him back a year when he has basically 3 years of opportunity before the big contract decision needs to be made?..I like White though and everything I saw yesterday..he made everybody better and should be the starter going forward but I think he will be on a super short leash...politics basically..

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So everyone’s off the blaming of “Salad” and LaFleur for the offense.  Because of one game?  

Why not? It’s fine fit now. Plenty of time to hate them after TNF if this team regresses back to their mean again. Yet, if we want to start a thread on why Saleh didn’t challenge that no catch at the one or WTF took so long to put LaFleur in the booth? We can keep the blame hot just in case we need it after Thursday, 

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Pichula said:

yes that was a deep personal “mom shot” and not a light hearted stab after being told that I have my head stuck up someone’s ass. Are you 12 years old?

You got it right, you made a personal attack. If you are too naive to know the difference between a figure of speech and making it personal, then maybe you should stay away from internet  message  boards

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

This is a very unnecessary post, we finally won a gabe for the love of all that’s holy. You remind me of someone honestly, we will talk later. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

You got it right, you made a personal attack. If you are too naive to know the difference between a figure of speech and making it personal, then maybe you should stay away from internet  message  boards

You attacked me by implying that I have my head up someone’s ass. And no, it wasn’t a personal attack. It was a generic stab tied in no way to your person, but I get what you’re trying to do. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is a very unnecessary post, we finally won a gabe for the love of all that’s holy. You remind me of someone honestly, we will talk later. 

It’s cool to say that I have my head up someone’s ass though right? You realized that I was insulted for implying that I still want our #2 overall pick to play? What is going on here? Yeesh 

The only way ZW doesn't start playing as soon as he's ready is if the Front Office believes Mike White has the potential to be a true FQB.  I suspect there's a long way for Mike White to go to get there.

I love what I saw from Mike White yesterday and would love for him to light it up the next two weeks.  

Does Mike White have a realistic chance of keeping the starting job when Zach Wilson returns?

If he plays well enough, yes, he should.

If White wins a few games, and plays as well as he did Sunday, and the Jets bench him just because Wilson was the #2 pick, well......

It should all be in White's hands, how he does should guide what happens going forward.

17 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

The thumb will be heavily on the scale for Wilson..a small opening will be all he needs to get back in there...you think JD wants to set him back a year when he has basically 3 years of opportunity before the big contract decision needs to be made?..I like White though and everything I saw yesterday..he made everybody better and should be the starter going forward but I think he will be on a super short leash...politics basically..

Politics or logic? Whites strength is that he makes good quick decisions, as soon as he starts making bad ones he brings nothing to the table. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Pichula said:

It’s cool to say that I have my head up someone’s ass though right? You realized that I was insulted for implying that I still want our #2 overall pick to play? What is going on here? Yeesh 

It’s not really a personal attack as much as an observation. Bringing someone’s mother into it is never a good thing, this board has been so brutally negative lately, that yesterday was like a storm after a decade drought. Yet, I’m not  goons lie, I felt it strange yesterday that instead of enjoying the win you immediately went to discounting Mike White and started in immediately on The Zach thing. Yesterday was amazing and probably one of the best things that could happen to the Jets and yes, even Zach. He will get  his chance again.