Saleh to Rex: “you know where to find me”

Rhg1084

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

How stupid can a person be?

Rex took over that "good Mangini roster" that was 18th in the league defensively. He turned it into by far the best group in the league and it was 17th best all time in 2009. To credit Mangini for that group's success is insulting. 

Robert Saleh took over the 24th ranked defence and has turned it into by far the worst in the league. The last 4 games have been the worst 4 game stretch by any NFL team in history. Think of all the awful teams you have ever seen and realise we've given up more points/yards than any of them ever have in a 4 game span. That is impressively terrible. 

Rex is completely f*cking right in everything he said. Obviously it's his job to be provocative but where is the lie? He was compared to Saleh, by fans and media alike. His point that people said "this guy is a lot like myself, but without the bad part" is completely true, those exact sentiments were expressed on here. He's right to be insulted by the comparisons when these are the results.

Saleh being so insecure about the criticism that he's challenging a TV pundit to a fight says a lot about his state of mind right now. He's completely in over his head and this whole season has left him completely exposed. He has to go. 

".....and Eating Cheeseburgers..."??? - David Saleh

This coming from someone who looks like he never met a Whopper or two....thousand he didn't like.   ?

He should've stopped at Podiatry....he just self-owned himself with the cheeseburgers comment.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Vin said:

".....and Eating Cheeseburgers..."??? - David Saleh

This coming from someone who looks like he never met a Whopper or two....thousand he didn't like.   ?

He should've stopped at Podiatry....he just self-owned himself with the cheeseburgers comment.

I did notice David Saleh isn't exactly the slimmest guy in the world......yea he set himself up on that one

• Post of the Week 1

I loved Rex as the coach and he's pretty entertaining as a TV personality.

But he was a buffoon. 

And in this case he's wrong, he's a bitter lonely has-been that no one cares about anymore as a coach.

Saleh never made any comparison to Rex--WE did that, fans did that, the media did that--NOT Saleh. Ryan took that personally and dumped on Saleh when Saleh had nothing to do with it.

Weak sauce.  

I'm glad Saleh gave a very simple 2 sentence response and I'm glad his brother called out Rex for being a big fat slob.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I loved Rex as the coach and he's pretty entertaining as a TV personality.

But he was a buffoon. 

And in this case he's wrong, he's a bitter lonely has-been that no one cares about anymore as a coach.

Saleh never made any comparison to Rex--WE did that, fans did that, the media did that--NOT Saleh. Ryan took that personally and dumped on Saleh when Saleh had nothing to do with it.

Weak sauce.  

I'm glad Saleh gave a very simple 2 sentence response and I'm glad his brother called out Rex for being a big fat slob.  

Well...yeah.  That's exactly what Rex was ranting about.   He wasn't ranting about Saleh himself comparing himself(Saleh) to Rex. 

He was ranting about those on the Internet (both Fans and Media) doing that.     

8 minutes ago, Vin said:

Well...yeah.  That's exactly what Rex was ranting about.   He wasn't ranting about Saleh himself comparing himself(Saleh) to Rex. 

He was ranting about those on the Internet (both Fans and Media) doing that.     

But he directly attacked Saleh. Not just an NFL coach but the NFL coach of the team Rex used to coach and a team he desperately wanted to coach again. 

It was unprofessional, unnecessarily personal and just plain weak.  

Love Rex but he was 100% wrong. He could have dumped on Saleh and his coaching and defense all he wanted. That’s what commentators and talking heads do. 

Injecting himself into the discussion was just wrong. Needy. Pathetic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Rex is wrong for the right reasons if that makes sense. Yes, Rex, as a former HC, should employ more restrain when talking about an acting HC. However, Rex is now a member of the ridiculous media and as such, sort of is expected to say ridiculous things for ratings. 

Saleh is the one who needs to shut up about it, because he has brought this embarrassment upon himself. Saleh has continuously made people wonder about Gase. Saleh has made the Jets look worse than the winless Lions. Saleh needs to take it until he actually decides to coach for a living. 

6 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Rex is wrong for the right reasons if that makes sense. Yes, Rex, as a former HC, should employ more restrain when talking about an acting HC. However, Rex is now a member of the ridiculous media and as such, sort of is expected to say ridiculous things for ratings. 

Saleh is the one who needs to shut up about it, because he has brought this embarrassment upon himself. Saleh has continuously made people wonder about Gase. Saleh has made the Jets look worse than the winless Lions. Saleh needs to take it until he actually decides to coach for a living. 

Saleh did nothing wrong. I was listening to the interview. Kay asked him a question after going on and on about how Rex was killing him. I’m sure he heard it all day (Rex made his comments early in the morning-Saleh was on with Kay at 5:00 at night). 

He gave a simple 2 liner that was basically an FU to a blow hard. Took about 15 seconds. He didn’t seek it out, didn’t prompt it, didn’t go in depth or drag it out. He just simply responded. 

This is all on Rex. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Saleh did nothing wrong. I was listening to the interview. Kay asked him a question after going on and on about how Rex was killing him. I’m sure he heard it all day (Rex made his comments early in the morning-Saleh was on with Kay at 5:00 at night). 

He gave a simple 2 liner that was basically an FU to a blow hard. Took about 15 seconds. He didn’t seek it out, didn’t prompt it, didn’t go in depth or drag it out. He just simply responded. 

This is all on Rex. 

Saleh´s faults are his coaching which has been so horrendous it has opened the door for caricature like people, such as Rex, to insult him in the way he did. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Bad coaching. Bad team. Not pathetic personal attacks. It’s weak. 

again...as I said before...Rex is wrong, but Saleh has done this to himself. Rex is the more caricaturesque, but everyone in the media has in one way or another has disrespected Saleh, and the Jets by extension.

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

again...as I said before...Rex is wrong, but Saleh has done this to himself. Rex is the more caricaturesque, but everyone in the media has in one way or another has disrespected Saleh, and the Jets by extension.

Missed the point. 

Saleh, the defense, the Jets have been awful. 

Awful.  

Rex’s Saleh rant has nothing to do with Saleh.

His rant about the Jets? 100%. 

But going after Saleh personally because of the “comparisons” to Rex is way off base. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

How stupid can a person be?

Rex took over that "good Mangini roster" that was 18th in the league defensively. He turned it into by far the best group in the league and it was 17th best all time in 2009. To credit Mangini for that group's success is insulting. 

Robert Saleh took over the 24th ranked defence and has turned it into by far the worst in the league. The last 4 games have been the worst 4 game stretch by any NFL team in history. Think of all the awful teams you have ever seen and realise we've given up more points/yards than any of them ever have in a 4 game span. That is impressively terrible. 

Rex is completely f*cking right in everything he said. Obviously it's his job to be provocative but where is the lie? He was compared to Saleh, by fans and media alike. His point that people said "this guy is a lot like myself, but without the bad part" is completely true, those exact sentiments were expressed on here. He's right to be insulted by the comparisons when these are the results.

Saleh being so insecure about the criticism that he's challenging a TV pundit to a fight says a lot about his state of mind right now. He's completely in over his head and this whole season has left him completely exposed. He has to go. 

Please don’t compare the roster Rex had to what Saleh has. Not even close to fair. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Saleh said he’s never met Rex. You’d think they would have crossed paths somewhere. But why is Saleh even acknowledging him when he should be coaching this team esp the defense. 

He was asked about it during a radio interview.  He didn’t exactly go out of his way to talk about it.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Please don’t compare the roster Rex had to what Saleh has. Not even close to fair. 

Rex made what he inherited better. An objective fact.

Saleh has made it worse. Objective fact.

Sorry if this upsets you. If you like to deal in fantasy that’s up to you. Reality isn’t fair.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. Rex inherits Darrelle Revis. Saleh inherits Bryce Hall. Not fantasy. Reality. 

I don't know why you can't wrap your head around this. You don't have to compare rosters to compare performance levels. I'll bullet point it real quick to make it easy for you as I can see you're struggling. 

• Rex significantly overperformed compared to what Eric Mangini and Bob Sutton were able to do with a group of players.
  • Saleh has significantly underperformed compared to what Gregg Williams and Frank Bush could do with a group of players. 

Again I know this is difficult for you so I'll simplify as much as I can.

• One made a group better.
  • One made a group worse

No on is comparing the rosters. Just comparing the impact. It's really not complicated stuff.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't know why you can't wrap your head around this. You don't have to compare rosters to compare performance levels. I'll bullet point it real quick to make it easy for you as I can see you're struggling. 

• Rex significantly overperformed compared to what Eric Mangini and Bob Sutton were able to do with a group of players.
  • Saleh has significantly underperformed compared to what Gregg Williams and Frank Bush could do with a group of players. 

• One made a group worse

No on is comparing the rosters. Just comparing the impact. It's really not complicated stuff.

It’s not difficult. Who had a better chance to over perform? They’re two totally different situations, with vastly different rosters. 

Better players equals better coaching. Rex lost good players, got worse as a coach. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Rex made what he inherited better. An objective fact.

Rex's 1st 2 years, he used what he got decently.  And then he single handedly destroyed the team, piece by piece during the next several years.  Rex is a loser with a capital L.  Woody Johnson would aptly show himself to be mentally challenged if he brings in ANY ex-Jet HC.  That would be the worst idea ever.   

People with these Rex wet dreams are absolutely creepy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

• One made a group worse

You're being trolled. Spit out the hook and move on.