Jets Promote RB Austin Walter To Active Roster

14 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Agreed.   Harris looked like a monster last night as well.  

Ever notice NE always seems to have like 100 competent RBs.  White gets hurt and they just wheel out Stevenson and a bunch of others.

i tell you im not disapointed with our guys. Carter has looked good after a slow start. he gets hurt Coleman had a nice game. Walter had some nice runs.

RBs are a dime a dozen. anyone who wastes a top pick on one is a fool.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Ever notice NE always seems to have like 100 competent RBs.  White gets hurt and they just wheel out Stevenson and a bunch of others.

Ever notice how that seems to happen with most teams that have a really good OL?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, doitny said:

i tell you im not disapointed with our guys. Carter has looked good after a slow start. he gets hurt Coleman had a nice game. Walter had some nice runs.

Depends on the RB.  I'm sure TN is happy with Henry and their pick.   After his injury, they really miss his production.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Part of it, of course.  But they seem to be really good at evaluating RB talent.

Think the two seem to go hand in hand.  

And as another Bill used to say, "lets not put him in the HOF just yet". He had a nice night with Riddick licking his Patriot balls all night but he had all of 78 yards on 24 carries, averaging 3.2 per carry.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Yup. I’d be looking to resign Coleman. Him, MC1, Ty Johnson, and now Walter, and you have a pretty decent stable of backs. Hard to imagine Perine on the team next year. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think Perine could fall lower than where he has been all season. 

That 4th round draft is turning out to be one of the worst ever.

Perrine, Morgan and Clarke (who has suited up as many games as me so far).

Brutal.  The trade back from 48-59 when we picked Denzel got us nothing in those last 2.

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That 4th round draft is turning out to be one of the worst ever.

Perrine, Morgan and Clarke (who has suited up as many games as me so far).

Brutal.  The trade back from 48-59 when we picked Denzel got us nothing in those last 2.

I’m hoping it’s largely because he was a rookie GM last year, and that he was drafting for/with Gase. The rookie class this year is much better, and I suspect a big part of that is Douglas and Saleh working together thru the draft process. They seem to’ve found some nice players who fit what they’re trying to do very well. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m hoping it’s largely because he was a rookie GM last year, and that he was drafting for/with Gase. The rookie class this year is much better, and I suspect a big part of that is Douglas and Saleh working together thru the draft process. They seem to’ve found some nice players who fit what they’re trying to do very well. 

100% concur.  Still hoping Clarke get's healthy and becomes a servicable and sometimes spot starter.

But yeah, this draft is shaping up to be much much better.