One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

JFC luckily the NFL is one of those 'merit based' places where they pretty directly watch people and determine who they want to put into situations, probably much moreso than any of our employers do.  If BB is to be someone who sucks and should not be on the team, better players will take his spot.  So far there has been a lot of talent added to this team in the last year and for some crazy reason BB keeps getting run out there.  Maybe they know more than you?  I dunno, call me crazy...

The talent of the team is getting too high for him to keep getting away with taking snaps...next season might be the one where is gone.

The truth is that everything or every play he has done well on, someone else could have done it better.

Be prepared for all these guys who for paged and pages disagreed with me will now stay silent or just double down despite todays game.

I feel bad for the team to have worked so hard get robbed because they waste snaps on berrios.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

Berrios had a bad game. Pretty much every player on this team has with a couple exceptions. 

He had multiple good returns. He is a great ST player and because of that I still hold to my original opinion.

Perfect example with hex, even with berrios not returning one kick for a td or shake even one defender. He is committed as ever.

Because he "feels" like berrios is good. 

Sick

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

See all that wearing Mike F,n White tshirts, and rah rah rah but when the game is on the line, and real loyalties are in question - you do what is in the best interest of your BFF and Couples Vacation Partner - you drop that game winning touchdown from the guy trying to replace your Homie!!!  ?

29 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Let's be honest. He has had a bad season.

He has had a bad season. I will agree with that. I still think he is valuable to the team, if just as a returner. I don't want to see him as a WR except for maybe the occasional jetsweep

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

He has had a bad season. I will agree with that. I still think he is valuable to the team, if just as a returner. I don't want to see him as a WR except for maybe the occasional jetsweep

I disagree that he has had a bad season.  I think his numbers this year reflect the drafting and emergence of Garrett Wilson.  He was the #2 option most weeks last year and the #1 option a few weeks at the end of the year. 

Now…he’s probably the 4th best option unless the play is specifically designed for him.  So he’s right where we need him to be and his production is right in line with where he should be.  

As for the drop….it happens.  Can’t really remember the last time he actually dropped a pass.  Unfortunately it happened when it mattered most. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Perfect example with hex, even with berrios not returning one kick for a td or shake even one defender. He is committed as ever.

Because he "feels" like berrios is good. 

Sick

Your explanation for why Berrios shouldn't be on this team 1 year ago was because you 'hate' him. 

That sounds like 'feels' to me.

He had a bad game and his season as a WR hasn't been spectacular. He has been a good KR and PR this year. 

And speaking on not returning one kick for a TD, there were only 9 in the entire season last year, and Berrios was one of those. There have been 3 this season. It's a harsh expectation to put on him to do that again this year, especially when they're so uncommon. He's good enough that there's no need to replace him. Plus, he's a 4th string WR. He's producing like you would expect one to produce.

Sorry, I'm going to keep to my opinion that Berrios is valuable to this team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

That ball was. low and behind him - it was a tough catch. Berrios normally plays hard - I think it is unrealistic to assume that good WRs catch every ball. Also, don't blame Berrios because LaFluer calls his number on those trick plays.

See : Tyler Boyd vs KC.

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

Your explanation for why Berrios shouldn't be on this team 1 year ago was because you 'hate' him. 

That sounds like 'feels' to me.

He had a bad game and his season as a WR hasn't been spectacular. He has been a good KR and PR this year. 

And speaking on not returning one kick for a TD, there were only 9 in the entire season last year, and Berrios was one of those. There have been 3 this season. It's a harsh expectation to put on him to do that again this year, especially when they're so uncommon. He's good enough that there's no need to replace him. Plus, he's a 4th string WR. He's producing like you would expect one to produce.

Sorry, I'm going to keep to my opinion that Berrios is valuable to this team.

Top 10 in punt returns (avg yds per return). 

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

See : Tyler Boyd vs KC.

Yep - good/great receivers can make those catches - doesn't mean they do it all of the time nor does it mean that any receiver who doesn't make that catch once is garbage. If that ball was higher and less behind he catches it. Tough throw and tough catch.

And blaming him for the illegal block in the back is ridiculous - he was trying to make something happen as the RZ O sucked. Fant had plenty of time to stop - took 2 or 3 steps, put out his hands and then pushed.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...