One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

Problem with this is that for whatever reason, Berrios went from high end returner to dude with his head up his ass as soon as the punt came off the punter's foot.  They player he was in 2022 should not be on any NFL roster ever.  The guy he was in 2021 was absolutely worth a roster spot.

• Upvote 1

When this thread was made Berrios was one of the best players on the team.  The Braxton Berrios type of player at the time this thread was made is a type that every team needs. 
I have no idea why he fell off a cliff (as did a lot of players this season) but he did need to go. 
I still stand by my original opinion

• Sympathy 1

Braxton could still be on the team. Douglas tried talking to him (or his agent) to re-work his contract, probably accept a pay cut. His agent said 'no dice'....now Braxton is out of work. I think his agent over-estimated the love JD has/had for his client.

But I like little Braxton and hope he gets picked up.

• 5 months later...

https://people.com/olivia-culpo-on-supporting-sister-sophia-after-braxton-berrios-split-7963131

Olivia Culpo Supported Sister Sophia ‘Every Step of the Way’ Amidst Her Breakup from Braxton Berrios

"It's so hard, especially in the public eye and with so many opinions and social media is so toxic," the model and influencer told E! News

Updated on August 29, 2023 12:35PM EDT
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://people.com/olivia-culpo-on-supporting-sister-sophia-after-braxton-berrios-split-7963131

Olivia Culpo Supported Sister Sophia ‘Every Step of the Way’ Amidst Her Breakup from Braxton Berrios

"It's so hard, especially in the public eye and with so many opinions and social media is so toxic," the model and influencer told E! News

Unfortunately for Braxton that she’s clearly a big Mike White fan.

@T0mShane

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is why you drudged up this thread? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is a pretty remarkable thread.  Runs the gambit of emotions and expectations.  

BTW do I get credit for this being my first post in this 31 pager?  :) 

Absolutely you do.

When I made the post I didn't know exactly when it would happen but those losses capped by his inability to play was kind of ironic. Because Mike White who even I was fooled by was the same type of player.

Glad he is gone too.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We owe the OP a manor apology.  We ripped him and he was 100% right.  Berrios stinks.

I am rarely wrong but I am taking an L on this one.

All good bud! Its rare but every now and then all ny jets fans can agree, and we can thank berrios for united us in our agreement that he sucks.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We owe the OP a manor apology.  We ripped him and he was 100% right.  Berrios stinks.

I am rarely wrong but I am taking an L on this one.

Wasn't he top 5 in punt return average?  Also, I think he makes a decent 4 or 5WR.

I don't think he is/was a bad enough player to be unrosterable on a good team.  He just isn't a first string WR.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

season crying GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

The funny thing is the OP took a lot of crap for this thread, but in the end he was 100% right

The original premise of the thread was that we shouldn't have JAG level players like Berrios on the team. 

Have you looked at our WR depth chart lately? ;-) 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He was a good no. 3 dual threat as a returner guy run out of town by the mob for being placed as a no1/2 WR by our illustrious no longer with the team OC.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This thread was really a shot at Mike Lafleur and JD. Berrios was asked to be a featured WR when he only has role player talent. Not at all the fault of the player.

Our WR room behind Garret Wilson is questionable at best. We have a number true number 1 and not a single true number 2.

Lazard, Hardman, and Cobb are not 2's on most teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This thread was really a shot at Mike Lafleur and JD. Berrios was asked to be a featured WR when he only has role player talent. Not at all the fault of the player.

Our WR room behind Garret Wilson is questionable at best. We have a number true number 1 and not a single true number 2.

Totally agree ... Corey was the No.2

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2023 at 5:29 AM, Hex said:

When this thread was made Berrios was one of the best players on the team.  The Braxton Berrios type of player at the time this thread was made is a type that every team needs. 
I have no idea why he fell off a cliff (as did a lot of players this season) but he did need to go. 
I still stand by my original opinion

His GF and lifestyle, sucked the wind out of his sails.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Wasn't he top 5 in punt return average?  Also, I think he makes a decent 4 or 5WR.

I don't think he is/was a bad enough player to be unrosterable on a good team.  He just isn't a first string WR.

In 2021 he was excellent in this category, hence why he was an All-Pro, but in ‘22 he strangely turned into Fair Catchy McGee.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Yet some people think that WR is (or was prior to the Corey Davis retiring) a "strength" of this team.  Other than GW, we are very weak at the position.   (Though I guess we have to see how Brownlee and Gipson progress.)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet some people think that WR is (or was prior to the Corey Davis retiring) a "strength" of this team.  Other than GW, we are very weak at the position.   (Though I guess we have to see how Brownlee and Gipson progress.)

Weak or very weak is a stretch.  I think we're slightly under desired strength with potential.  As you state, Brownlee and or Gipson might very well surprise on the up side.    

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Weak or very weak is a stretch.  I think we're slightly under desired strength with potential.  As you state, Brownlee and or Gipson might very well surprise on the up side.    

Without GW, Lazard and Hardman would be our #1 and #2.  That would be awful.  I do have hope for Brownlee and I know some have praised Gipson (I haven't really seen enough of him in preseason so I don't have an opinion) but they're both lottery tickets.

• Upvote 2