(Rumor) Jets Are Placing Elijah Moore On IR

jetsrule128

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

So, I have three theories here:

1. Moore was probably only going to miss a few games, maybe 4; if the team was still playing meaningful games this year - they would likely hold out hope and possibly play him early. Why risk a bigger injury?

2. With the season over, placing Moore on IR opens the door for another spot; this will give them an extra player to watch/give a chance to play without releasing one when activating the CB. Since this year is about getting experience and seeing what we have, they want to see more players - maybe give Mims a chance.

3. Full tank is on to get the best pick possible and hope to trade down to a QB needy team. Some middle tier teams are going to want to upgrade QB this year including Steelers, etc.

My guess is that it is a combination of the above.

The time to go full tank was two weeks ago.

I hope our “true fans” who celebrated that glorious victory over the Texans are proud of themselves.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Fun fact: 

With only a couple weeks left, the ONLY Jets player JD has drafted to complete an entire season... 

2020 Braden Mann

That's it...

Just. Braden. Mann. 

... and he couldnt make it through his 2nd season...

(Side note: The only FA Signing JD was responsible for to complete a season was 2020 Connor McGovern) 

664576015_Screenshot2021-12-11162242.thumb.png.95e2c41000b5c289b951b28e9ab7334b.png

The Jets have established a new Athletic Care and Performance Department that will include the team's athletic trainers, strength & conditioning and nutrition staffs in addition to a rehab department. Highly decorated Dr. Brad DeWeese, who was named director of high performance, will oversee the operation that also added Mike Nicolini, head strength & conditioning coach; Dr. Matt Sams, director of sports science; Dr. Robert Sausaman, assistant director of high performance; and Dr. Omar Ahmad, assistant strength & conditioning coach. The charge of the newly created department is to align the club's athletic performance staffs to better position players for success.

"After a thorough review of our sports performance areas, it became clear that in order to maximize our player's health, safety and effectiveness on the field, we needed to establish a centralized group that would better position our team for success," GM Joe Douglas said. "During our search for the right person to lead this group Dr. Brad DeWeese impressed us, not only with his proven track-record, but also with his vision, insight, and strategic approach to maximize athletic care and performance. His focus on speed and power is exactly what we believe we need to help develop and enable Jets players to reach their peak level. We are excited to add this new dimension to our organization and bring Dr. DeWeese and his staff into the fold and know the players will find this group to be a tremendous asset to them."

Full article at...

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-announce-5-hires-to-athletic-care-and-performance-department

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

664576015_Screenshot2021-12-11162242.thumb.png.95e2c41000b5c289b951b28e9ab7334b.png

The Jets have established a new Athletic Care and Performance Department that will include the team's athletic trainers, strength & conditioning and nutrition staffs in addition to a rehab department. Highly decorated Dr. Brad DeWeese, who was named director of high performance, will oversee the operation that also added Mike Nicolini, head strength & conditioning coach; Dr. Matt Sams, director of sports science; Dr. Robert Sausaman, assistant director of high performance; and Dr. Omar Ahmad, assistant strength & conditioning coach. The charge of the newly created department is to align the club's athletic performance staffs to better position players for success.

"After a thorough review of our sports performance areas, it became clear that in order to maximize our player's health, safety and effectiveness on the field, we needed to establish a centralized group that would better position our team for success," GM Joe Douglas said. "During our search for the right person to lead this group Dr. Brad DeWeese impressed us, not only with his proven track-record, but also with his vision, insight, and strategic approach to maximize athletic care and performance. His focus on speed and power is exactly what we believe we need to help develop and enable Jets players to reach their peak level. We are excited to add this new dimension to our organization and bring Dr. DeWeese and his staff into the fold and know the players will find this group to be a tremendous asset to them."

Full article at...

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-announce-5-hires-to-athletic-care-and-performance-department

Wasted money. 

28 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

1. Moore was probably only going to miss a few games, maybe 4; if the team was still playing meaningful games this year - they would likely hold out hope and possibly play him early. Why risk a bigger injury?

2. With the season over, placing Moore on IR opens the door for another spot; this will give them an extra player to watch/give a chance to play without releasing one when activating the CB. Since this year is about getting experience and seeing what we have, they want to see more players - maybe give Mims a chance.

3. Full tank is on to get the best pick possible and hope to trade down to a QB needy team. Some middle tier teams are going to want to upgrade QB this year including Steelers, etc.

How many ******* years can one team “tank”

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Remember, that IR only technically means that Moore will miss at least 3 games - although with our luck, I’m sure this is season ending 

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

They’re rolling up the streets and will try again next year. We have had worse teams. We’ve had less likeable teams. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Jets team as non-competitive as this version. 

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

With the exception of Moore and Carter, who cares? they’re all Jags anyway.

Crowder, Cole, Berrios and Mims aren’t a big drop off from who’s out. The OL has been fine. Becton is a ghost who we haven’t missed.

Just go out and beat a Saints team that’s also been ravaged by injuries.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Crowder, Cole, Berrios and Mims aren’t a big drop off from who’s out. 

Not sure about this one. Moore is easily our best offensive player and Davis was the one guy who clicked with Wilson early in the season. Mims is a nice idea, but has done almost nothing in the league yet. 

the Saints are certainly still beatable, but I expect Kamara to carve up this defense regardless 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

With the exception of Moore and Carter, who cares? they’re all Jags anyway.

Crowder, Cole, Berrios and Mims aren’t a big drop off from who’s out. The OL has been fine. Becton is a ghost who we haven’t missed.

Just go out and beat a Saints team that’s also been ravaged by injuries.

Yup.  We still have plenty of guys to get the ball to in Mimsy, Crowder and Cole.  Looking forward to seeing Perine get some carries tomorrow too.

Cant wait till 1:00pm tomorrow!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This team makes 2020’s squad look like Davy Crockett at the Alamo

Already has more wins and a slightly better point differential. 

the other problem with last year’s team is that it was the tragic end of the Darnold era. Watching Sam play out the string here was just so sad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not sure about this one. Moore is easily our best offensive player and Davis was the one guy who clicked with Wilson early in the season. Mims is a nice idea, but has done almost nothing in the league yet. 

the Saints are certainly still beatable, but I expect Kamara to carve up this defense regardless 

You edited out my first sentence where I said “with the exception of Moore and Carter”

then you questioned me because you say Moore our best offensive player.

I’m a little confused here by that?

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Already has more wins and a slightly better point differential. 

the other problem with last year’s team is that it was the tragic end of the Darnold era. Watching Sam play out the string here was just so sad. 

The only consolation from last season was that it was the toilet flush on Maccagnan’s reign of terror. This year’s group has no such silver lining

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

You edited out my first sentence where I said “with the exception of Moore and Carter”

then you questioned me because you say Moore our best offensive player.

I’m a little confused here by that?

Hmmm. Not sure what the confusion is.

I was responding to the sentence I quoted 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

The time to go full tank was two weeks ago.

I hope our “true fans” who celebrated that glorious victory over the Texans are proud of themselves.

This is just my opinion, but I think don't think it's ever a good idea to try and tank. I think teams should understand that sometimes they aren't going to win enough games for the playoffs, but that it's never a reason to lose them all. It is what commonly causes a losing culture, and makes a loop

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

…and here we go, @undertow

Is it you're assessment that it doesn't hurt a young QB to not have his two top WR's and top RB?

This isn't about passing blame, - you need to get over this idea that there's some type of fight - I want our QB to do well..I really don't 'care what you or anyone else want from him.  It's entirely irrelevant what I or you think.

This isn't excuses making - it's just a reality.  He's going to get his chance to succeed for fail here - nothing we say here will change that.

Not having his top weapons hurts his development - that is fact. 

If you don't believe that to be the case then we really have little to discuss anyway.

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is it you're assessment that it doesn't hurt a young QB to not have his two top WR's and top RB?

This isn't about passing blame, - you need to get over this idea that there's some type of fight - I want our QB to do well..I really don't 'care what you or anyone else want from him.  It's entirely irrelevant what I or you think.

This isn't excuses making - it's just a reality.  He's going to get his chance to succeed for fail here - nothing we say here will change that.

Not having his top weapons hurts his development - that is fact. 

If you don't believe that to be the case then we really have little to discuss anyway.

Moore has been playing very well recently, but we’re fine at WR tomorrow. Cole, Crowder, Berrios and Mims (who everyone has been dying to see get a chance) are better than we’ve had the last couple years..

I mentioned earlier I like what I’ve seen from Carter but let’s not confuse him and Moore with Emmit Smith and Michael Irving..

Zach has enough around him to go out and beat a similarly decimated Saints team, but I’m not even going to say he needs to do that.
Just build off last weeks performance, and that will be enough for me and most reasonable fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1