(Rumor) Jets Are Placing Elijah Moore On IR

jetsrule128

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Moore has been playing very well recently, but we’re fine at WR tomorrow. Cole, Crowder, Berrios and Mims (who everyone has been dying to see get a chance) are better than we’ve had the last couple years..

I mentioned earlier I like what I’ve seen from Carter but let’s not confuse him and Moore with Emmit Smith and Michael Irving..

Zach has enough around him to go out and beat a similarly decimated Saints team, but I’m not even going to say he needs to do that.
Just build off last weeks performance, and that will be enough for me and most reasonable fans.

Mims is actually the big saving grace about this.

He almost immediately becomes the primary target on the outside.  Whatever Saleh/LaFluer's issues with him have to be put aside now and let's see if he's a player.  

What I saw last year from him was solid.  I'm hoping he can shine the next month and be a part of this team's future.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Point #1: people get hurt. sh*t happens

Point #2: Embrace the Tank. The only thing important for the remaining games is keeping Zach upright and that he improves game by game.

Point #3 Winning games builds confidence and culture. 

Point #4 Losing them keeps you a loser. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Hex said:

This is just my opinion, but I think don't think it's ever a good idea to try and tank. I think teams should understand that sometimes they aren't going to win enough games for the playoffs, but that it's never a reason to lose them all. It is what commonly causes a losing culture, and makes a loop

The Jets have been winning meaningless games and drafting behind better teams for years.

Winning gamss in dead seasons does nothing for the culture.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He almost immediately becomes the primary target on the outside.  Whatever Saleh/LaFluer's issues with him have to be put aside now and let's see if he's a player.  

What I saw last year from him was solid.  I'm hoping he can shine the next month and be a part of this team's future.   

They never learn.

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Point #3 Winning games builds confidence and culture. 

Point #4 Losing them keeps you a loser. 

Come on. There’s fantasy then there’s reality. 
It’ll take a core of talented players who are sick and tired of being laughed at to change the “loser” label. Coaches get fired sooner or later if they lose too many games. So no coach wants to lose. It’s up to the players to change things. They need to play smarter and Trust the process and commit to improving. Good teams never seem shoot themselves in the foot. That’s because stupidity is unacceptable.

There aren’t enough of those sort of players on the roster as of yet.

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s a double edged sword though.

As exciting as it would be to see Mims play really well the next few weeks, if he does do that, what does it say about Saleh and the coaching staff for not playing him?

In true Jets fashion, the choice here comes down to do we want an exciting young WR, if getting that WR proves our HC is an idiot when it comes to judging talent?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re rolling up the streets and will try again next year. We have had worse teams. We’ve had less likeable teams. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Jets team as non-competitive as this version. 

On Defense....definitely.  Offense not showing until the 2nd half most of the season too has been brutal.

But I don’t recall ever seeing a D this bad consistently on the pro level.  Guys virtually always open by 5 to even 10 yards.  RBs not even touched until they get to the 2nd level.

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Every good Jets player gets injured. Every F'ing one. As if we don't suffer enough with the team sucking every year.

When this thing finally turns around the football gods owe us like 5 straight superbowl wins with a couple of undefeated seasons in their.

Death, Taxes, and the Jets having bad luck

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Every good Jets player gets injured. Every F'ing one. As if we don't suffer enough with the team sucking every year.

When this thing finally turns around the football gods owe us like 5 straight superbowl wins with a couple of undefeated seasons in there.

I kind of get what you're saying, but I really must question the pluralization of the so-called "every good Jets player".

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When this thing finally turns around the football gods owe us like 5 straight superbowl wins with a couple of undefeated seasons in there.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Who’s fault is that?

Macc/Douglas

Trumaine Johnson - $8m

Sam Darnold - $5m

Le'Veon Bell - $4m

Quincy Enunwa - $3.6m

Kelechi Osemele - $3.1m

Chris Herndon - $1.5m

Those are the biggest culprits, there are a bunch of other players that make up the rest of that figure. I blame Macc for most of this list. Douglas trading Sam and Herndon, and cutting Bell do play a part but I felt those were all net positives.

50 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Macc/Douglas

Trumaine Johnson - $8m

Sam Darnold - $5m

Le'Veon Bell - $4m

Quincy Enunwa - $3.6m

Kelechi Osemele - $3.1m

Chris Herndon - $1.5m

Those are the biggest culprits, there are a bunch of other players that make up the rest of that figure. I blame Macc for most of this list. Douglas trading Sam and Herndon, and cutting Bell do play a part but I felt those were all net positives.

How dare Douglas trade/cut Macc’s awful players with bloated contracts.  How dare he.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.  I’ve always been a big Mims supporter.  I think he is a good kid who has dealt with a lot of bad luck whether it’s injuries, Covid protocols, family stuff etc.  last year even in limited time he showed his talent.  This year he hasn’t had many opportunities and when the very rate opportunity comes I think he is pressing afraid to make a mistake.  I think many haven’t forgiven him for that dropped touchdown against Cincy.  Yes it was a frustrating play but it happens to every player. It sucks that Moore is going to be out because he has become our top WR but  I’m glad Mims will finally get some more time to show that he could possibly form a nice young tandem with Moore going forward 

• Upvote 1

The Jets have been in shut down mode for a couple of weeks now with players. Things would be different if we were competing for something (or even respectable) but with expansion level talent at most positions, they’re being extra cautious with anyone they envision being part of the future.

I’m not sure it’s the right approach, but it’s the one they’re taking. Someone said it earlier, and they were correct… the only reason to watch this mess is Wilson.

58 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Jets have been in shut down mode for a couple of weeks now with players. Things would be different if we were competing for something (or even respectable) but with expansion level talent at most positions, they’re being extra cautious with anyone they envision being part of the future.

I’m not sure it’s the right approach, but it’s the one they’re taking. Someone said it earlier, and they were correct… the only reason to watch this mess is Wilson.

I don’t buy that.  I understand being cautious but Moore would be playing if he could.  Chemistry between him and Wilson is vital 

• Upvote 1