I can't remember a more pathetic defense. These guys can't stop anybody

TMAC

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

lol And Saleh is becoming a laughing stock on TV.  He's either fist pumping/high fiving guys like a college coed, screaming at the officials, like a nut or looking as dour as if he'd torched a nunnery.

He’s talking about momentum into next year at the presser :rl: there’s no momentum from year to year in the nfl. He sounds like Herm 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I have no problem losing like this. Young players looking pretty decent on offense. Haven't spent any assets on defense the last 2 years. 

When you get to be my age. You will have a problem with every loss. 11 years and 12 next season without the playoffs 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, DonCorleone said:

A real coach would NEVER tolerate that. Tackling has gotten progressively worse with this team.  Next season is just another waste with Saleh at the helm. Thankfully this is an "actual plan"

Saleh is more interested in gesticulating wildly on the sideline.  Or, making sure his make up and/or best angle is reflected on the myriad shots game directors take of coach throughout the broadcast.   

The guy is totatlly bush league and belongs as a college HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Saleh is more interested in gesticulating wildly on the sideline.  Or, making sure his make up and/or best angle is reflected on the myriad shots game directors take of coach throughout the broadcast.   

I agree with you completely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

I went from being totally psyched with us signing Saleh.  To now not being able to look at him on the sidelines.  It just looks off.  Pete Carroll is less of a drama queen.

I felt pretty much the same. He won't unleash on his players because "They are men, not children" . He obviously knows nothing about most NFL players today. The Jets had another such coach. He was named Kotite.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, DonCorleone said:

I felt pretty much the same. He won't unleash on his players because "They are men, not children" . He obviously knows nothing about most NFL players today. The Jets had another such coach. He was named Kotite.

Why are we always in the same morass?   We just can never identify a good (competent even?) HC.  There is a point where you start to believe the gods are definitely pissed at the Jets and playing us like chess pieces in a tragic wrong move scenario.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Why are we always in the same morass?   We just can never identify a good (competent even?) HC.  There is a point where you start to believe the gods are definitely pissed at the Jets and playing us like chess pieces in a tragic wrong move scenario.

I still maintain I could beat Saleh in a game of chess.  A shot of Jaeger after each move.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Things were not going well early so LaFleur said as much said he had to make adjustments and did so and Qb play aside the offense plan and play calling looks much better. 

Meanwhile the ills of this D have been the same all year and there has been ZERO adjustments or good looking game planning, just stupid and stubborn and blaming it on young players.

The personnel on defense is horrific.  They lost the top 3 pass rushers and 2 safeties, plus 2-3 LBs.  And the defense was shaky with those players healthy.  

I know there have been injuries but Saleh is an ex DC and this is his defense and it's atrocious. The Dline with Williams and JFM was supposed to be a strength and they have been run over regularly. Dominated today by a mediocre to lousy Oline. There are no words for how bad this defense has been. Worst in the NFL and on pace to give up 500 points. I want to puke. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The personnel on defense is horrific.  They lost the top 3 pass rushers and 2 safeties, plus 2-3 LBs.  And the defense was shaky with those players healthy.  

Quinnen Williams is suppose to be good, JFM is supposed to be good, rankins is supposed to be good, fatuskai is supposed to be good, mosley is supposed to be good.

Also this team has equally bad talent previous to this and was never this terrible.

• Upvote 2

Dolphins came in today with the dead last rushing attack in the NFL and trampled Saleh

Duke Johnson, who was cut like 5 times in the offseason, went for a C-note and 2 TDs

A scrub journeyman running behind a bad OL looked better than Michael Carter out there, slipping through arm tackles and spinning free as if we were all watching Madden instead of an actual NFL game

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Far worse than anything we have seen in recent years.  Gregg Williams defense had trash talent as well and was vastly better.

That doesn't seem particularly accurate. Sure he had injuries and what not but not the same he had some good play from certain units while right now we really haven't had any solid play from any units...

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Dolphins came in today with the dead last rushing attack in the NFL and trampled Saleh

Duke Johnson, who was cut like 5 times in the offseason, went for a C-note and 2 TDs

A scrub journeyman running behind a bad OL looked better than Michael Carter out there, slipping through arm tackles and spinning free as if we were all watching Madden instead of an actual NFL game

You have to give the dolphins some credit.  They had a good game plan and Tua statistically has been phenomenal since coming back from injury so we couldn’t go 8 in the box

• Thumb Down 1

The Giants stink and yesterday they lost to the Cowboys in a game that wasn't particularly competitive.  But the defense didn't quit.  They played hard until the end and they were tackling hard.  They played with pride.  I would like to see that.  Nothing less is acceptable.  I don't care if they don't have a lot of talent.

17 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I'm sorry, but this is preposterous. Four weeks ago people were complaining that he was emotionless and that he didn't care on the sideline. Now he cares too much.

4 hours ago, Wayne80 said:

Not sure what games you guys are watching but I see the makings of a dominant defense. 

Not sure what games you are watching or what you are smoking. This "defense" has been an embarrassment all year. They are the worst defense in the league, and quite possibly one of the worst in NFL history, and on pace to give up 500 points. They have shown absolutely nothing. They can't tackle, they can't rush the passer consistently, they can't stop the run, they don't create a lot of turnovers, they don't make adjustments. This is a bad and poorly coached team. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Not sure what games you are watching or what you are smoking. This "defense" has been an embarrassment all year. They are the worst defense in the league, and quite possibly one of the worst in NFL history, and on pace to give up 500 points. They have shown absolutely nothing. They can't tackle, they can't rush the passer consistently, they can't stop the run, they don't create a lot of turnovers, they don't make adjustments. This is a bad and poorly coached team. 

Look at all the injuries Saleh has had to deal with:

Carl Lawson

Marcus Maye

Elijah Riley

Quinnen Williams

Saleh is a coach of the year candidate.  Third excellent hire in a row by Woody Johnson since dumping that buffoon Rex.  

• Thumb Down 2

22 hours ago, munchmemory said:

lol And Saleh is becoming a laughing stock on TV.  He's either fist pumping/high fiving guys like a college coed, screaming at the officials, like a nut or looking as dour as if he'd torched a nunnery.

I think he is already.  His pressers are a joke, his CS is piss poor yet he acts like his team is 10-2.   How about firing the incompetent DC, adj the gaps on the DL , playing the LB up insteand of 10 yards back and stop with the soft zone... for starters

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Wayne80 said:

Look at all the injuries Saleh has had to deal with:

Carl Lawson

Marcus Maye

Elijah Riley

Quinnen Williams

Saleh is a coach of the year candidate.  Third excellent hire in a row by Woody Johnson since dumping that buffoon Rex.  

Now I know you are trolling. Go away.